shape
carat
color
clarity

Yoram / Gemconcepts is cutting MMDs!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny @lovedogs Yes, I'm here :wink2:!! I've been standing on the sidelines, enjoying this thread and guess now is the time to say something. I definitely have a neat story to tell about this unique stone! And I am so excited to tell it!! The Octavia will be my forever ER and I am beyond thrilled!

I will say, before my official thread, that Yoram is an absolute artist and is full of knowledge (that he willingly shares). He's patient, kind, and is so so incredibly talented. I knew that already but have been able to see this on a different level through this process the past few weeks, and it has been a wonderful journey!

BTW, I may also have a few extra treasures (cut by Yoram, of course) coming in the same package as the Octavia :kiss2:. I'll keep you all posted! Hope everyone has a sparkly day!

So excited for you!! It looks phenomenal!!!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! I inquired on the stone several days ago without luck. Did you actually talk him into cutting a lab? I can't wait for the story and the rest of the reveal!

So happy for you!!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!! I promise I will post lots of pictures :love:

@poshmommy There are tons of amazing details that I am so excited to share, and will soon! To answer your question though, I had reached out to Yoram and we were discussing the possibility of a custom cut Octavia. I am rarely on social media, and Yoram is one of the very few people I follow. I happened to see the first progression post showing the rough and digital image. I saw it just after he posted it and flipped out because I knew it was an Octavia!! I emailed him that very second and asked if it was truly going to be an Octavia then could I purchase it????? I completely trust Yoram, and knew it would be a knockout! He responded with a yes and the rest is history. It has been fascinating to get more information and steps in this unique process. I have learned so much! There were too many "coincidences" in the story and I am over the moon that it is mine :)) It still feels like a dream... PS- Your new oval is BEAUTIMOUS!!!!! I am hoping for a MMD SMTB thread on it! I feel like we've followed a similar path. I also had a 10mm OEC and felt like it was too showy for me (even though it was perfect and I absolutely adored it!), and am so excited to be getting something better fitted to me :)!!

eta: fix wording ;-)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes the stars align and give us good things! :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see both the Octavia and the OEC!!!

DK :kiss2:

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
I actually sold the OEC to another dear PS'er a couple months ago, but here is my original thread on it :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually sold the OEC to another dear PS'er a couple months ago, but here is my original thread on it :)

That's a whopper of a stone, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@bright ice Thank you so much- you are so sweet! My treasures have officially been shipped, so the wait has begun! I will post lots of pictures ;)2

PS- Your new cushion is so incredible! I love the setting you designed with Victor! It is a beauty! Enjoy your sparkles too!!

eta the PS ;-)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It is truly a magnificent looking stone! And faint pink!!

(And if some reason you don’t absolutely love it, I would be oh so happy to purchase it from you.)

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@Matthews1127 Three Asschers on each side (set regular, not kite)- I ordered 7, thinking they would be a band, but they are screaming to be side stones!!!! The lone 7th Asscher will be set in a solitaire pendant to gloriously sparkle on my neck ;-) I’m over the moon excited! Thanks for your thoughts about the setting and stones!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 Three Asschers on each side (set regular, not kite)- I ordered 7, thinking they would be a band, but they are screaming to be side stones!!!! The lone 7th Asscher will be set in a solitaire pendant to gloriously sparkle on my neck ;-) I’m over the moon excited! Thanks for your thoughts about the setting and stones!!

I thought I counted six!!! WTG!!! Can’t wait to see the finished ring, and the pendant!!! :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg it’s so gorgeous! Swoon over the Octavia!! :clap: A work of art! I just love the whole thing! Will you be using platinum? I can’t wait to see the finished ring and pendant! Lucky you!!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@Slick1 yes, I’m using platinum! DK is making the ring for me. The Octavia is unbelievable!!! Thank you!!

@pearaffair :lol: you made me giggle! Love your comment (and the Octavia too, of course)!!!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome :))

Can't wait to see the finished ring!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great video from Yoram here, showing the transparency :))

I wonder if @diagem would source 'blue nuance' rough for men's diamonds and the 'pink' rough for women's diamonds, if he is going to be custom cutting more MMDs in the future??

(Yes, I know the pink/blue thing is stereotyping :lol: but it would be cool to be able to choose the 'undertones' as part of the custom process, whatever one preferred :)) )

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny I would probably opt for icy blue rather icy pink myself.

Perhaps I should save up in the hope Yoram would accept commissions in future!

DK :lol-2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny I would probably opt for icy blue rather icy pink myself.

Perhaps I should save up in the hope Yoram would accept commissions in future!

DK :lol-2:

Personal preference - it's good to have these new options! :))

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want an Octavia or a vintage Yoram asscher in MMD, as I will never be in the situation where I could afford a Mined stone in the colour/clarity/carat I would like! (2.5ct+, F+, VS1+)

Even then, as already mentioned earlier on this thread, an MMD of this size and cut quality from an artisan such as Yoram is going to run into five-figures... but that is an easier sell than, what, £40k+?? :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results