shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another colored ering post

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Athen - have you looked at James Meyer settings? They are so beautiful and a colored stone would look great in one for an ering. The plat bezel with a gold shank is actually affordable I think. They are gorgeous settings.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2009 11:42:27 PM
Author: cinnamon013

Date: 6/28/2009 11:38:17 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 6/28/2009 11:27:16 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Barry raved about that silver topaz when I asked him about it. I keep looking at it over and over. I think it would be an awesome stone. It has a hardness of 8 so it would be very appropriate for an ering stone I think.
I keep looking at the Topaz over and over, and clicking on it to see if sold... Maybe I''m just posting it here too so someone would buy it...lol.. saves my pocket book from depleting any further too.
hehehehe I think we look at the same stones! I sure do want to click on the mali now that it is back on the site and hit the ''buy'' button. It would make a great necklace for my daughter.

Sorry to hijack!

Back to ering stones...
DO IT!!!
31.gif
it really is a sparkler. Barry tried to get me to buy both of them to do a ring that he showed me... OK thread jack Over.

Athen - no way of asking for three erings ehh??
31.gif

Athen

Rough_Rock
LOL. I wish!! I think that I''m leaning toward a little more color now - at least for the ering. But, if that topaz is still there in a few days that baby is mine for a RHR ;-) Enablers!!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have been debating over the champagne tourmaline and the silver topaz since they came on his site. I have an empty round setting and don''t know what to put in it even though I still have two lovely Barry rounds that are unset.

Athen

Rough_Rock
That champagne tourmaline is stinkin gorgeous. I would go with that one :) Of course I don''t have the luxury of unset, gorgeously cut stones. I must admit, I''m a lil jealous ;-)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 1:37:19 AM
Author: Athen
That champagne tourmaline is stinkin gorgeous. I would go with that one :) Of course I don''t have the luxury of unset, gorgeously cut stones. I must admit, I''m a lil jealous ;-)
It''s a crazy obsession I blame on the colored stone forum. My boyfriend is so sick of seeing the stones!!

Athen

Rough_Rock
LOL. I''ll bet. The FI is wondering if I''ll ever put the laptop down.

No go on the Barry Spinel - and it doesn''t look like he can get any rough to cut an 8mm stone. Of course I would have to have amazon hands. Oh well, the search continues...

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It will be harder to find a 8mm spinel as I believe spinel isn''t usuallly found in the larger pieces. I remember only one stone he had recently that was larger like that and I think Frekechild got it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That 3 ct reddish orange spinel from Pala is gorgeous. Large 8 mm spinels can be found but it might take some time. For an e-ring, the wait will be worth it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a specific color in mind, or just whichever makes you fall out of your chair?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Another suggestion; since you can''t seem to be able to make up your mind about a specific color, color change chrysoberyl (a. k. a. alexandrite that doesen''t change from purple/red to green) can have grey as one of the colors, and that actually happens in less expensive pieces. If you look around, I''m sure you can find one that changes from grey to coppery orange or grey to salmony and is inside your budget.

Color change garnets can also have such combos, but they''re not as durable.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Athen - I might be completely way off here but none of the stones you posted were round brilliant cut but the setting you''re looking at is. Silly question but are you looking for an off the shelf setting or will you go custom? With custom it won''t matter but if you''re looking to buy off the shelf then that will limit the stone / setting etc.

Personally I''d go for that silver topaz - it''s durable and fits your initial criteria (i.e. you want something different).

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 3:15:23 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Athen - I might be completely way off here but none of the stones you posted were round brilliant cut but the setting you''re looking at is. Silly question but are you looking for an off the shelf setting or will you go custom? With custom it won''t matter but if you''re looking to buy off the shelf then that will limit the stone / setting etc.

Personally I''d go for that silver topaz - it''s durable and fits your initial criteria (i.e. you want something different).
Athen- did you by chance buy this beautiful Gemmy? its sold.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering that myself, D&T.

Athen

Rough_Rock
I did not purchase the topaz - I snoozed and I loozed. Bummer cause that was one gorgeous stone. Got some clarification on the setting - it will take as small as a 5 mm center and as large as 7.5mm. Round only. The stones that I initially posted were for color examples really - and I had not yet narrowed down my setting :). Still looking for the stone - appreciate all the great suggestions for other stones to look for. The hunt continues
19.gif
I took some hand photos w/ a rubber band and a paper stone (you should have seen me cutting and measuring like a madwoman) while the network was down at work this morning. You all were right - I definitely need the 7.5 - which is unfortunate since my options would be greatly expanded if I could get down to the 6mm range, I think....... Again, I want to thank everyone for their great suggestions - now I''ve got lots more great stones to choose from!!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results