shape
carat
color
clarity

Yesterday's Horror: my 3yo lost my diamond!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was one of the lucky winners of a $1000 gift voucher this holiday season. I decided to put it all into a diamond, and I chose a D VVS2, well-cut .37ct MRB, because I have a lot of warm diamonds and I wanted something different.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-im-doing-with-my-1000-pricescope-gift-voucher-win.218451/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-im-doing-with-my-1000-pricescope-gift-voucher-win.218451/[/URL]

As it turned out, the colorless and, by all accounts, perfect diamond did nothing for me. With Andrey's permission, I returned it and set about choosing a warm AVC diamond from GOG. David was a pleasure to work with, and I received a beautiful .37ct M VVS1 AVC. There was even enough left over in the voucher for me to get a 1mm 14k rose gold 18" chain.

37-avc.jpg

I had the diamond in a little piece of cloth in its three layers of papers, inside the envelope it came in, taped closed, in my night table drawer, and I was in the process of researching possible pendant settings. As I was changing the garbage bag in the kitchen, I noticed the outermost diamond paper on the floor near the garbage can. My kids had been cleaning up their messes and I think I went from 0-60 in 2.2 seconds. I ran to my bedroom and opened the drawer, and, indeed, the whole envelope was missing. I have 4 kids, and I was freaking out (actually crying), searching the garbage while questioning them, trying to find information about where in the house the envelope had been opened. My daughter and I searched the garbage bag (eeeewwwwwww!) and found the envelope and all of the papers, but not the diamond (and not the little piece of cloth). Finally, my 6-year-old admitted that he had seen the 3-year-old opening the package on his (the 6yo's) bed the day before. Before I even reached his room, my oldest two kids (9 and 11) had taken everything out of every space in the 6yo's room, with the idea that the 6yo might have thrown it into something while cleaning up. I explained, while extremely frustrated and upset, that they had just made it almost impossible to find it, and we put everything away. The diamond was fluorescent, so I ran and got a black light flashlight and started frantically looking under the bed. At that time, my 9yo was looking on the blanket and he exclaimed, "I found the diamond!" I looked over at his fingers tentatively, and HE HAD ACTUALLY FOUND IT! Like a needle in a haystack, he found a not-much-bigger-than-4mm diamond in a whole house full of kids and toys. AMAZING. The story has a happy ending. My sad tears turned to happy tears. I still haven't recovered, haha, but I will.

Q

Queenie60

OMG! Tourmaline I am so glad you found the diamond. And your children love you so very much that they helped their distressed mother. I remember those same sort of things happening when my children were young. It's amazing what we make it through. Put the diamond away! :wavey: :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word, what a scene! :errrr: I can totally imagine the horror, frustration & panic! So glad it all turned out well! & what a pretty diamond!! :love: Great choice! :appl:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, my stomach was turning just reading this but I'm glad it was a happy ending!! I'd have also thought my nightstand would be a safe place from curious noses but you may need something with a lock on it!

And the M color is lovely - it will make a beautiful pendant.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I read the thread title and my heart stopped. Thank goodness it was found. Happy ending :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so happy you found it!!!!!

... and a beautiful diamond it is! :love:

I love that Andrey is so generous. :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about your BIG diamond! :o My heart about stopped!

I'm glad you found that little beauty! Now go get it set so you can wear it safely around your neck!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, everybody!

Yes, Kenny, Andrey is so generous! :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG what a relief! I too thought it was your big diamond and almost had a heart attack. So glad you found it and it is beautiful. We need more pics of you wearing it pretty please. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, good grief! I thought for sure it was gone for good! Thank goodness everyone pitched in and helped you find it - fabulous ending! I just love happy endings!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stomach started to hurt as I read the story. Ugh. I would have been frantic!!!! So glad you found it!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:-o
scary story, happy ending! So glad you found the stone! well done!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Tourmaline...you almost had me in tears! I had to skip ahead to the "I found it" part. Thank goodness you were able to
find it.

Your nine year old must have eagle eyes!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing use for fluor!

I'm so relieved you found it. My goodness I'd probably be in the hospital with a heart attack if that happened!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you found the stone! . My daughter lost one her .25ct earring and we never did find the stone.. :(sad

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stomach needs a few minutes to recover...

OMG.
OMG.

... OMG. New storage space!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, this was a scary post to read! :-o It was funny but before I got to the end, I thought, I hope it has fluorescence! You did exactly what I was thinking! Fortunately the diamond didn't go far from where it was opened!!! I am thinking something with a lock placed on your highest shelf might be a good idea!

Such a pretty diamond! Very nice choice!

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh! I could see my kids doing this. My 2-year-old constantly nicks things from my nightstand so I feel your pain. Thank goodness you found it :shock:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Phew!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, Tourmaline! I'm so glad you found it! Hurray, and it is a lovely gem!

You know, we have a very similar house full of kiddos, and, I have experiences some near misses, as well! Well, once, they really did lose a small mahenge cabochon out of a gem box. I'm afraid it was eaten, in truth. :doh:

I now keep my treasures under lock and key but it is a pain and I know that accidents could still happen.... I insure everything to prevent myself from having a heart attack.

Congratulations on your gift and what a lovely choice- I agree David is so nice to work with!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that the story has a happy ending Tourmaline!!

You have no idea how many hours I've spent, generally on my knees, looking for a diamond that's trying not to let me find it:)
There have been many times where we actually have to strip down to our undies to check our clothing. They like to hide in cuffs and hems and things......
The clients generally put up a fuss, but hey, you want to buy a diamond? Pay the piper :naughty:

Seriously, it's incredibly stressful looking for the little buggers - clothed or nekkid

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, everybody!

Oh my goodness, apacherose, sorry you lost a Mahenge cab! Of course, I bet it looked like a juicy gummy candy.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes!!!! What amazing quick thinking amidst the panic. So, so very happy you found the diamond.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Reminds me of my childhood when I opened my father's parcel of melee sized diamonds in his absence to put it in the weighing scale (out of fun) and had no idea how to fold it back and ended up spilling the parcel on the carpet! My father wasn't angry thankfully and spent an hour gathering the diamonds back.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't imagine how freaked out you would have been, I would have been on the verge of wanting to be sick!!! So glad to hear you found it though and things came to a happy ending!!!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Love happy endings! This only make the already very special diamond even more special. Think she deserves a name after this adventure.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in suspense the whole reading of your story.. sooo glad you found the stone and sounds like you have normal, resourceful kids!!! the diamond is beautiful...

Peace!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
So glad that this had a very happy ending! Get that stone into a beautiful setting ! Can't wait to see your finished project! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results