carat
color
clarity

Yesterday was a sad day....

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ld,

Just to clarify, VG picked out that stone...I didn't. I just told her that I liked it, and its from an excellent source. It looks really nice to me...maybe not as much pink as what would be ideal in Imperial Topaz, but IMO it is a huge step up from the brown, windowed stone she selected the first time around.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
ChrisA222|1361117907|3382306 said:
Ld,

Just to clarify, VG picked out that stone...I didn't. I just told her that I liked it, and its from an excellent source. It looks really nice to me...maybe not as much pink as what would be ideal in Imperial Topaz, but IMO it is a huge step up from the brown, windowed stone she selected the first time around.

All true

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am confused. The topaz you most recently posted is not orangy pinkish from the picture. I think that is what LD was trying to say. Gemfix has in the past had yellow-orangy-pink topazs, but they do not not currently have any.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally don't care who selected what! I just pointed out that it's very yellow and isn't the same as the other two owned or bought! It has a nice cut but it's not a great colour for an Imperial Topaz as it looks like a Citrine. If you post on here you'll get a plethora of opinions and it's absolutely the buyer's choice. I wasn't saying what was right or wrong just that it was a surprising choice considering the other two shown.

Carry on ............ :lol:

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Ok guys, here's an update. I put the imp topaz back in the mail for a full refund. (and I feel such relief about that). I did some soul searching on my own and I am going back to the original plan I had for my annual large gem purchase. I will post more about it once it is finalized. I am committed to using only reputable vendors and I know the one I am working with now is the real deal. My stomach ache is gone. Yay!!!! I need to learn not to second guess myself and good advice I get from friends.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To minimize shipping costs, hassles and potential lost in transit, request hand shots as those will be more accurate than a stone sitting against a back drop. Even with reputable vendors, most are unable to take accurate pictures. Just don't ask for more than 1 or two pictures though.

As for the topaz, it looked to have zero pink in it. The first windowed topaz looked more brown than peach as well.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement yesterday all. Things are looking up! Today was a good day. Everything that upset me has been returned for full refunds and I have a plan for how to fix my 2 damaged stones. AND.......... I am expecting to receive 2 stones to evaluate tomorrow. One is an imp topaz and one is an unnamed stone, but you might recognize it when I post photos of it in my happy little paw. It is 1000% my holy grail stone so I went from SAD to very very excited. What a difference a day (AND A GREAT VENDOR!!!) makes. :appl:

I also have an idea of how I will ultimately set my 3.05 ct transition cut diamond into an ER. It is different than initially planned. Stay tuned. :naughty:

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
I also have to say that the vendor who messed up my ER and damaged my tanzi & spinel so much really stepped up today. They were humble and sorry and willing to give me whatever I wanted to make it right. I won't be their customer again because I am afraid of further damage, but I respect how they handled the situation and I appreciate that they are making changes with their bench to correct the quality issues. I was really really impressed with their customer service today. The manager and owner of the whole chain were waiting for me before the store opened today and they accepted 100% blame for what went wrong. All of that being true and because I think they will not repeat what happened to me, I will keep the name of the vendor to myself. It is a local Charlotte NC chain though, so I doubt it will hurt any of you. Again, thanks!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vickygigi|1361239755|3383835 said:
I also have to say that the vendor who messed up my ER and damaged my tanzi & spinel so much really stepped up today. They were humble and sorry and willing to give me whatever I wanted to make it right. I won't be their customer again because I am afraid of further damage, but I respect how they handled the situation and I appreciate that they are making changes with their bench to correct the quality issues. I was really really impressed with their customer service today. The manager and owner of the whole chain were waiting for me before the store opened today and they accepted 100% blame for what went wrong. All of that being true and because I think they will not repeat what happened to me, I will keep the name of the vendor to myself. It is a local Charlotte NC chain though, so I doubt it will hurt any of you. Again, thanks!

Really well handled. You are right not to "out" the vendor in this situation as they stepped up so professionally. It sounds like you are an important customer to them.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I was happy I stood up for myself. I try to treat people in accordance with "the golden rule" and I expect the same of others. Today, this vendor who messed up my stuff royally, stepped up and did the right thing. :praise:

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Life is short, we should all just try to be good to each other, don't you think Minous?? :D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vickygigi|1361241781|3383888 said:
Life is short, we should all just try to be good to each other, don't you think Minous?? :D

Could not have said it better. We have to live with ourselves.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
vickygigi|1361241707|3383885 said:
Thanks! I was happy I stood up for myself. I try to treat people in accordance with "the golden rule" and I expect the same of others. Today, this vendor who messed up my stuff royally, stepped up and did the right thing. :praise:

Ya!!! That's great news. I'm glad it went from SAD to HAPPY!!! I hope the next stones are perfect and the vendor can do what he can to correct the damage.

Good for you!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results