shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold trend on the decline?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I backed away from yellow gold years ago (though I still have many pieces I don't wear) just a preference for white gold or platinum I think it looks better on me.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
@newdiamondworld: I would say the opposite...yellow gold is still very trendy; take a look at the most popular Cartier jewels (Juste un clou rings and Love bracelets) and at VCA Alhambra collection: it seems that most of people opt for the yellow/rose gold versions.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always liked yellow gold. Still do. But learned to like white metals for certain things as well as rose. Trendy isn't in my vocabulary at this point. For me, it is what I like and what I think goes on my skin tone, which changes a bit with the seasons.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
I seem to be leaning in harder to yellow gold. I’ve always mixed metals, but despite being fair with pink undertones yellow gold is just more flattering and I’ve finally just embraced that, trends be damned. The only exception is my engagement ring in white gold. My new sapphire stacked here in all yellow. IMG_4349.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not spent a lot of time on Pricescope lately. It was nice to come by and see yellow gold (my favorite topic) still being discussed. Like some of the other people who posted to this thread, I will always wear yellow gold. (As I write this I am wearing no jewelry, not even earrings to keep the piercings in my ears open.) But in theory I will always wear yellow gold. I loved it all my life and most of my jewelry is yellow gold. In recent years, in fact, like another person who posted to this thread, I have bought only high karart gold jewelry. In fact a lot of mine, like the bracelets in my icon, is 24K gold.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow gold had a major comeback in the past few years, but I've been hearing that its trend is finally fading this year. I've noticed that many people have been opting for yellow gold lately given the trend. I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this..

Pssst: if people have been "opting for yellow gold" it means that they have been choosing yellow gold. I do not think that is what you wanted to say. If it is, please explain why it is happening as its popularity fades.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know. But one of the prettiest sets I've seen IRL recently was on one of my daughter's therapists. She's around my age or maybe a little younger. She has a gorgeous liquidy looking yellow gold band and solitaire in yellow gold. And I won't lie. I fell in love lol. I was mesmerised every time I would go with my husband for pickup lmao. So I would love to see more yellow gold on people :D

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results