shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Gold Solitaires

lioness88

Rough_Rock
Stunning:
Wow thank you for sharing that is gorgeous!!

lioness88

Rough_Rock
@lioness

I am so happy you started this thread!
I am currently planning to reset my original engagement ring stone. It was originally in a yg solitaire, which I still have with an ugly cz in it :( It's now I a wg setting that I'm not loving anymore, so I'm debating a new yg or making it into a yg three stone.

The fun of the planning!

Omg fun!! Love three stones and solitaires.... let us know what you end up getting or the options you’re considering!

lioness88

Rough_Rock
The old pic you’re thinking of - it had yellow prongs too? I might recall it.

Yes I believe it was a very simple (6 prong?) with yellow gold prongs and thin band maybe 1.5 carat range on a thin finger? I sound like a creeper but loved it. Thanks!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I believe it was a very simple (6 prong?) with yellow gold prongs and thin band maybe 1.5 carat range on a thin finger? I sound like a creeper but loved it. Thanks!!!

I’ll try looking.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s lovely!

lioness88

Rough_Rock
@lioness88 i know this isn’t the picture you were referring to and it isn’t from PS (and it is rose gold not yellow) but I always thought this was such an elegant, classic look. 052620F1-1FCF-4766-8B6A-60215C3E30C3.jpeg
Gorgeous thank you! Yes that is amazing.
Love how the rose gold prongs still make the diamond look white and beautiful!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow gorgeous are those yellow gold prongs and baguettes? Do you mind sharing stats?

@lioness88 You are correct, 18k yellow prongs. The shank is knife-edge so there are 4 baguettes total. Sorry I don’t have stats on the baguettes. The center stone is 3.48 N VS1 OEC.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have always loved your soli, @motownmama! Could you remind me of its ctw again pls? I just love its proportions; substantial, eye catching, but not so huge as to have lost its elegance.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Mine, down through the years.

My dream collection! How many different settings is this? Is that solitaire setting all one ring or different settings?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream collection! How many different settings is this? Is that solitaire setting all one ring or different settings?

Nope - all different settings and all different diamonds, as well. I think there's one double of the same setting / diamond. The top one and the one second from the bottom are different angles of the same ring/diamond.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved your soli, @motownmama! Could you remind me of its ctw again pls? I just love its proportions; substantial, eye catching, but not so huge as to have lost its elegance.

Of course! It’s 1.04 CTW in size 4.25. TY for your kind comment!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Niel, I love how rich the color of your gold e-ring and band looks. Is it 18k? I always thought yellow gold prongs would make diamonds look yellow, but your lovely stone looks bright white to me.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel, I love how rich the color of your gold e-ring and band looks. Is it 18k? I always thought yellow gold prongs would make diamonds look yellow, but your lovely stone looks bright white to me.

The band is 18k the setting is 14.
yes I thinkthe concern yellow prongs will ruin a nice white diamond is a bit unfounded. My diamond is very white and for the style of setting- white prongs wouldn’t have looked as good.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
The band is 18k the setting is 14.
yes I thinkthe concern yellow prongs will ruin a nice white diamond is a bit unfounded. My diamond is very white and for the style of setting- white prongs wouldn’t have looked as good.

I wish I could have my diamond unmounted and just try it in different colored prongs. It’s one of the few things I don’t love about online buying!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results