shape
carat
color
clarity

YELLOW DIAMOND UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll have to look for the thread...Valeria is GREAT at finding and helping to find the perfect settings! It''s going to look FAB...cannot wait for the finished product!!

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Yeah- She used photoshop and came up with that creation! I am in the business and never would have thought about that design! It helps to gte other opinions!! I kept thinking brilliant traps which would be cool, but this is just AWESOME!! The baguettes kinda sit quietly beside the stone, and the center just say''s HELLO, LOOK AT ME! . I just am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO in LOVE with this diamond- I am wearing it right now around the house in a pick-up- I just cannot stop staring at it!! I am pretty obsessed-

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!
Sorry for my delay in entering the thread- Widgie did PM me but I''ve been kinda swamped this week!!!!

Radiantiff- Congratulations!!!!!

It looks like a totally unique diamond.

Here''s a couple of points to mention after having read the thread- in no particualr order
* 18karat yellow gold is really the best for the head of the ring.
Your diamond looks dark enough that it could be set in platinum- but that will take away from the color- I''ve never had the problem of the yellow gold making the dimaond too dark
* Fluorescence- yes- this aspect of a Fancy Colored Diamond is surely complicated.
In some cases FL makes a Fancy Yellow look like an intense- depending on lighting.
I feel that GIA uses the "lighter face" on such stones ( ie- if a Fancy Yellow looks intense in certain lighting conditions due to the fluorescence, GIA gives it Fancy Yellow)
Conversely- some strong blue Fancy Light Yellow Diamonds look practically colorless in certain lighting conditions, yet GIA gives them FLY.
No one said this was easy......
* Brown, or Brownish modifiers- in terms of price, it''s impossible to say Fancy Brown Yellow is more than Fancy Brownish Yellow.
Once we have either modifier, the look of the stone has much more of a role in the price. That is to say: If a Fancy Brownish Yellow looks just like a Fancy Intense- with only a slight tinge of brown- it will command a much higher price as compared to a stone showing a less attractive color, with the same grade from GIA- a larger difference than 2 stones graded Fancy Yellow by GIA, yet one had a much stronger color.
This is not uncommon- to have two Fancy Yellow diamonds - as graded by GIA- yet the two show an easy to see difference in color.

WIDGET- I keep telling you- ANY RING NOT PURCHASED FROM US SUCKS!!!!! HEHEHEHE

Kididing of course- it is a lovely Marquise- in a beautiful setting!

The GIA report on Widget''s diamond is referred to as a "Color Origin Report"- it is used on less expensive fancy colors- Mr Skeptisism over here says that another use of "Color Origin" reports is so that certain things WON''T be on the report- so be sure to check over things very carefully on Color Origin reports- especially on the more expensive grades..
Like clarity. And Fluorescnece. Plus, on the "Color Origin" report GIA does not even need to worry about spelling Flouosrescnece ( I can never spell that word!@!!)
example of the info on a GIA Color Origin Report:
136cert.JPG

Widgie- there''s a HUGE difference between Fancy Light Brownish Yellow - and Fancy Brownish Yellow.
GIA NEVER MAKES MISTAKES ( I hope they are reading this)

* GIA softening grades? Ana- no I do not see this as a trend- since the grading of the colored stones is much more subjective than colorless, there will always be borderline stones which could easily get the adjacent grade if you submitted again.

* Prongs- Of course Split prongs won''t work on a stone with 90degree corners.
I have a VERY strong preference for "Ball" type prongs over "V" tips for princess cut stones ( of course technically Radianttiffs stone is a Rectangular Princess Cut)- In the projection you posted, there were very nice modified ball prongs- a good chpoice in my opinion.

* The design- Fabulous! The shape of this particualar diamond is quite unusual- it''s a very long stone.
That certainly should come into play when determining price- and of course into the design of the ring.
The step down baguettes are a wonderfual way to balance the length of the center.

Sorry it took so long- but here I am- now, start throwing rocks at me ( is Garry around???)....heheheheheh

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Thanks for all the excellent info and imput!! I was hoping you would respond- I frequent your website and just drool!! Good to know the 18 kt wont deepen the stone dramatically- going with that with a platinum setting for the baguettes and shank. YES! Isn''t it a fabulous design! Thanks to everyones help- I LOVE the long skinny look to the stone- looks like a giant baguillion! Long stones look best on my fingers- they are long and skinny as well.

I do have a question or two- what is the difference between fancy brown-yellow vs fancy brownish-yellow- which one is more expensive or does it depend on a bizillion other factors? I know partly depends on the weight, color eveness, make, flour, and clarity- I am guessing the brown-yellow is yellow with a stronger brown undertone, and the brownish is yellow with a lighter brown undertone?

Have you had any bad experiences with V cornered prongs- I like the fact that you can see the corner - dont know why- plus I just like the big look to them- I had those big V ends on my marquise and loved them!

GIA should have a colored diamond class. I got my Graduate Diamonds and they certainly did not go in depth about the fancies- I would definately take it- they are so fascinating!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I just can''t wait to see the final pics of your ring! I was following your original thread & hoped you''d choose the baguette mounting. I think it suits your stunner perfectly! (Valeria''s just a genius!)
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results