shape
carat
color
clarity

YELLOW DIAMOND UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i can''t waaaaaaait to see this ring finished! so excited for you
36.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!
36.gif
Whatever the color is, it is just beautiful!!!

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!
36.gif
My yellow baby is in my hands again! I got the stone and the GIA report this morning!!! I could not sleep last night, because I knew it would be here at like 9 oclock- I missed it SOOOO much- but we are starting on the mounting and I should have that in hand in about a week and a half. I Cannot thank you ALL ENOUGH for all your help and drooling with me over this!! Does anyone know whether the baskets on yellow diamond rings are done in 14 ky or 18 kt yellow gold? or is that negligible> I dont know whickh one to go with-any opinions? I also need to decide how to do the prongs for the step baguettes- I figured I would ask yall since this is how I decided on the entire style itself! You all have been SOOOO HELPFUL!!!!!!!!
35.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Would you like to post some more pictures of that lovely? Ij ust adore the way it is cut and that color...so rich.

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
here is another-its setting on its brand new report!

105_0591-400.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
that is just stunning! I know you are thrilled to have it back- I wouldn''t be able to sleep either.

How did you find that gorgeous rock? I think you said you can buy/sell diamonds. How fun!!!

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Here is how I found it- I went to one of my diamond dealers offices to visit- I was out of town on business and his office is located in the I was in and they were like- come up and see the office and meet everyone - so I took one morning and went up there, and i was just in one of the offices and there was this big box of diamonds setting there - like 50-60 diamonds- So they are like- look through these if you want, We just got them in form Isreal- they were all wrapped up. So I sit down and the first one I pull out- at TOTAL RANDOM right from the middle of the box was this yellow radiant!! So I open it and about fell in the floor! NEVER have seen one cut like that- I kept staring at it while I was there, and I was supposed to be finding two diamonds for two different customers of mine. Totally distracted the entire time- I put the yellow in a diamond holder, and wore it around the office. The dealer was like - take it back to the room and show your husband- I said, no, I dont want to be carrying it around the hotel and while in town- So I took a picture of it and left. I got the camera out all during dinner and just KEPT STARING at it! So the last day I was there, I asked him if I could take it home with me (across the country) - he said yes, you can have it on 7 day memo- so I put the yelllow and a few other diamonds in my cowboy boot and took it home on the plane! Now here is whats reall weird- for me to afford it, I had to give him my marquise (4.48 ct H SI1) and like alot of money which I did not have- or trade the marquise and my 4.75 studs- but what happened is I showed the yellow diamond to a customer of mine who I sold a pair if 2.60 tw studs to 3 years ago- I was just joking with her and said "we ought to trade earrings and your husband could upgrade your earrings to these 4.75 pair and just pay the difference" - so she didnt think I was joking, and went and told her husband- he called 2 hours later and said- whats the difference-WE WILL TAKE THEM!!!!!!!!
23.gif
So she gave me heres and her mine, and here I am. I truly believe it was just meant for me to have because it worked out too perfect- I just think its a neat story.
30.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
cool story indeed!! It was meant for you to have it

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy for you. The stone is gorgeous. I can''t wait until it''s set! Post dozens of pictures from every possible angle. We all want to drool over this beautiful stone!!!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a great story. What a beauty you have!!!! Can''t wait to see pics once it''s set!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
that is a cool story- that stone was definitely meant to be yours! love the new pics too.. yum!

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Yep!!! For sure you were meant to have that beauty. Congratulations and enjoy!
Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
41.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
41.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/41.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I will take PLENTY of pictures once it''S done!! Don''t worry!! Ive taken enough already for it to have its own album! we started the mounting today, and my custom lady is planning what to do with her wax-maker- so it should be about 2-3 weeks.....its going to seem like FOREVER.....................

widget

Ideal_Rock
Radianttiff...loved hearing your story!

Obviously, that stone was meant to be yours!

I enjoy knowing that a person can be "in the biz" and still be just as goofy and gem-obsessed as the rest of us!

Thanks for sharing..
1.gif

widget

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Even for US it will feel like forever!!

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Yeah- My customers think I am a loon! I get way too excited when I see diamonds- period! It makes it SO much better buying something from someone who is passionate about what they sell or do- I still can''t believe the way it worked out!!!!!!!!!

coconut

Shiny_Rock
OH MY!!!
THAT is ONE GORGEOUS looking rock!!!

LUCKY.....DROOL......

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back and looking at this thing
37.gif
...it looks like it is burning up from within...stunning, truly...
30.gif
18.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you going to use yellow gold split prongs? I would assume the ring itself could be wg or platinum, but I think with a yellow or warm stone they would use yellow? ENJOY it. I believe there is fate in the things we want that then appear, especially when we thought we could not ever have them!!! Congrats!

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Thats what I am pondering now- I talked to my custom manufacturer and she says use 18 karat for the center basket- I m wondering what that will do to the color, I know it will deepen it but how much? I dont want it too deep! but I was debating over split vs Vcorner- I think Iam doing V corner- I think if the corners were clipped like a traditional radiant I would definately use split- those are cool- they look like big claws holding the stone- what do you think?

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''d personally go for 18K yellow gold (for the basket)...don''t you think in yellow the prongs would be less visible against the stone? I can''t imagine that YG would deepen the color that much..

And don''t you pretty much have to use V-corners on that puppy?

widget

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Widget- I actually am not sure- I know you can do a single regular prong for a princess cut stone-so im not sure about the double. but I know when I sell a princess cut I always use the Vcorner prongs- more protection. But I am biased- I really like the V corners! I like substantial prongs. I am definately doing the shank and the baguette setting in platinum and the basket in 18 kt yellow- you said you put your fancy yellow in a different setting to increse the color- what was it in, and what did you put it in, and how much did it change the color? Sorry for all the questions!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Radiantt...or should I call you Tiff?
1.gif

Interesting you should ask... As you can probably see from the first pic I posted, the diamond is set with 4 prongs, a tiny bit elevated, in a slightly larger marquise-shaped hole.

Originally, the MQ was totally open underneath, but seemed to be sitting on top of a MQ shaped frame with vertical "walls"...does this make any sense? I don't know the technical terms..

When I left it with the jeweler (who specialized in antiques) I assumed the mounting would come back exactly the same, but in YG... Wrong. I was sort of mad.
29.gif

I've attached a picture: The stone is no longer sitting on a MQ shaped open-ended "box"; but a YG plate was added underneath the stone!

Interestingly, inspite of the new "cheater plate", when viewed face up, I don't think these alterations made that much of a difference. It is still definitely a light yellow/brown stone. Maybe when viewed from an angle it does appear a bit yellower..

widget

(Edited to add:) Obviously, a "cheater plate" is the LAST thing your stunner needs!
5.gif

2560.jpg

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Widget- I think I know what you are saying- is that circular piece on the bottom... what is that? I have never heard of a cheater plate? I always hear that they use a gold underlay or coating to enhance the color if you are using say a platinum head- they do the inside in yellow- but I have never seen that! It seems you had a frustrating time with that situation- are you happy with the way it turned out?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I just keep coming back to look at your stone, it is so unique. I just love that warm color. Eventually I will figure out what the word for it is!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: RADIANTTIFF

Widget... is that circular piece on the bottom... what is that? I have never heard of a cheater plate?

It seems you had a frustrating time with that situation- are you happy with the way it turned out?
Radiantt...

"Cheater plate" is what I call that thing...if there''s a technical term for it, I don''t know it. I think it''s kind of ironic that inspite of seeming to "cheat", it really didn''t make much difference at all in the face-up look of the stone!

No, I wasn''t happy...but the ring looks fine right-side-up, so I let it go...I guess I''m kind of a wimp, confrontation-wise.
20.gif

widget

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Yall can call me Tiff- Typing all that is long! Widget- I think your ring is BEAUTIFUL no matter what! I like the way it is set- but I know how it is when you think your going to get it one way and it comes back another- how different does it look loose vs mounted? I ve seen those loose vs set pics on David''s site and there is a major difference-

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Author: RADIANTTIFF
"Does anyone know whether the baskets on yellow diamond rings are done in 14 ky or 18 kt yellow gold? or is that negligible> I dont know whickh one to go with-any opinions? I also need to decide how to do the prongs for the step baguettes- I figured I would ask yall since this is how I decided on the entire style itself! You all have been SOOOO HELPFUL!!!!!!!! "

I love that stone!!
30.gif
Do you have any thoughts on how you are going to set it? I love white gold or platnium, but I think yellow gold looks great with yellow diamonds. Can you post some pictures of styles you like, so we help you play with your ring?
36.gif

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
There is another thread called- IT WORKED OPINIONS PLEASE- HOW SHOULD I SET THIS YELLOW DIAMOND- with the whole story- actually thanks to Valeria and everyones help - I decided on my setting here!!! Basically im doing step baguettes like this - but mine are longer than these- they are 8.3 long by 2.9 wide and the next step down are 6 x 2.1

bluegreen212.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results