shape
carat
color
clarity

YELLOW DIAMOND UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone! I wanted to give yall an update on the yellow diamond!
36.gif
I am finally seeing progress here! I am getting it back from GIA this week- but I have the results from them: The diamond is
5.97 carats
Radiant Modified Brilliant
VVS1 clarity- (a pinpoint)
depth: 71.3
table: 68
Medium-Sl-Thick Girdle
Polish VG
Symm: VG
Flour- Med Blue
Color: Natural Fancy Brownish- Yellow
Even Color Distribution

I have bought those 4 long baguettes and am going with that design- THANK YOU VALERIA!! and the mounting should be completed early next week- but Im setting the stone up 10 mm high, and the first step of baguettes will be 8mm high, then the next are 6mm high- I like my rings to sit high on my finger- then the shank is 3mm wide in platinum with an 18kt gold basket. I will be sure to post a picture when its finished!!
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP
35.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great stone!
36.gif

The setting sounds gorgeous!

I can''t wait to see it.
35.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
wh
30.gif
t a stone!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow it sounds awesome, can''t wait to see it once it''s done!!!!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for updating us! It''s going to be just fabulous. !!!!!!!
3.gif

Can''t wait to see a million pics of the finished ring!!!!!!!!

widget

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Oh- I will take a ton of pictures!! I ve been going through "Diamond Ring Withdrawals" for the past three weeks!!
11.gif
Feels like my arm is missing!!!!!!!!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! I can''t wait to see the finished ring pics!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Radianttiff:

The specs on that stone are AWSOME!

But I was wondering: Were you at all disappointed that the report came back with "only" fancy brownish yellow, and not intense?

It sure looks intense to me from the pictures!!
30.gif

widget

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
No way!! - I would have bought the stone without a cert, because I LOVED it. But Had to make sure it was natural color- I thought it would be fancy intense brownish yellow- But I really dont care!! The price I''m paying for it was WAY off for what a Fancy intense yellow should be- I mean like 60,000 plus off- the brownish made it more affordable and personally I LOVE the color- I think it is the most fabulous stone I have ever seen!!!! plus thats totally what its all about- its like buying a peice of art- you know when a painting speaks to you and you just have to have it. The best way to describe the color is Golden- I am surprised though it didnt come back fancy intense brownish-yellow? I wonder if it had no flourescense if it would have come back that - its a qustion to ponder- I read somewhere that GIA is harder on colored diamonds that have flourescense

widget

Ideal_Rock
Gosh.... I hope you don't think I was suggesting there was something wrong with that stunner because it didn't come back "intense"!!
23.gif
My God...it's absolutely breathtaking regardless of what any report says!!!!

I guess I asked because I would have bet money that it was intense, judging from the pics.

I should have asked: "were you surprised" rather than "were you disappointed"..

Interesting about the GIA being tougher on fancies with flour....I'd never heard that...

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Widget- Oh, no, I did''nt think that- I was kinda surprised too- but I was glad because if it came back Fancy Intense yellow, without the brown modifier it would have been insanely expensive and I couldn''t have gotten it. I was at my dealer''s office and he is from Isreal and of course is a diamond dealer and sees tons of diamonds- he said it was "intense" as well-but he knew it had the bit of brown in it- I knew it wasn''t fancy intense yellow because he has a 5 carat cushion thats a VS1 that was like 96,000 dollars MY COST and mine was not only bigger, but a VVS1 stone and it wasn''t near that price. -I have been infatuated with colored diamonds since I saw my stone- I never would have thought 2 months ago I would even own a colored diamond! Its kinda funny because I have been reading a TON about them, and some articles and some people think the "brownish" modifier is a curse- It has a tiny tiny hint of brown but its clearly yellow. I read that GIA is harder on the flourescent stones, I believe I read that in a thread on here-

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it will be a great ring! Can''t wait to see it!
Blu

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone looks like candy
18.gif
DELICIOUS! I can''t wait to see the finished product.
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Just for comparison, here''s a pic of my stone, called "fancy light brownish yellow" by the GIA..

Believe me, this is a FLATTERING picture, and in real life, the color is much more subtile.

Hard to believe that there''s only one notch difference in their colors, at least as far as the GIA is concerned!!!!
23.gif

widget

kmd.JPG

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
WOW ! That''s an awesome ring! Very unusual- what does the report say about the flourescense in your stone- I look at other stones and compare them to each other and some they call fancy yellow look more like fancy intense to me- who knows........

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only got one of those "shorter" GIA rpts...that only describes color, distribution, and states that it''s natural... so I don''t know about flour...

Don''t you think the difference is shocking? The more I think about it, the more I think they either grossly overrated the color of mine, or grosslly underrated the color of yours!!
9.gif

widget

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Radianttiff,
Can''t wait to see your stones mounted. Your diamond is just AMAZING and the ring will be a work of art!
30.gif

Widget,
You just keep pulling stunning jewelry out of your bag of tricks.....a truly spectacular collection....and I only think we''ve seen the tip of the iceburg
3.gif

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I can see a difference- I don''t know what they were thinking- because as you probably know the diamonds look different under different lights, and this picture right here is the lightest the stone appears in person- most of the time it looks more like intense yellow- here its setting on a white paper-

yellowloose1.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2005 10:57:59 PM
Author: RADIANTTIFF
I can see a difference- I don't know what they were thinking- because as you probably know the diamonds look different under different lights, and this picture right here is the lightest the stone appears in person- most of the time it looks more like intense yellow- here its setting on a white paper-
Good Lord, that thing is fabulous....
18.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
''brownish'' a curse ?!
2.gif
no... or, well, yeah if you are selling not buying.

It definitely makes the color look stronger and as long as the tinge remains ''golden'' it is great.

You had a ton a luck to find that superb stone. I can'' wait to see the ring !

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Now I want an upgrade...damn you. Beautiful stone.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I can see a difference- I don''t know what they were thinking- because as you probably know the diamonds look different under different lights, and this picture right here is the lightest the stone appears in person- most of the time it looks more like intense yellow- here its setting on a white paper-
I love this picture, it is just soo yummmy.
30.gif
Your stones makes me think of a brandy (I think I dont drink so I could be off on this one). It is just the most wonderful rich color! And it is so even through the whole stone. Your stone is fantatic I am waiting with bated breath to see the finished ring.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don''t know what they were thinking- because as you probably know the diamonds look different under different lights, and this picture right here is the lightest
Oh well.... in a few years you might want to submit it again to get ''intense''. Standards are not getting up, it seems.

It is possible that the darker tone led to the bias. David (of DBL) could answer this.
20.gif

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! It is definately a looker- I wish you all could see it in person because it is TRULY AMAZING!! I really think it was meant for me to have because of how everything worked out and how I found it-

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Valeria- I think it was David who was talking about the stronger flourescense in coloed diamonds kinda made GIA tougher on the grading- Like if something appeared fancy intense and it had fourescense then the gave it fancy yellow and not intense- I thought that was interesting- Re submit it? do you think that would make a difference? wonder how much the $ per carat would go up if it went from fancy brownish-yellow to fancy intense brownish-yellow?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: valeria101
It is possible that the darker tone led to the bias. David (of DBL) could answer this.
20.gif
I actually PM''d David yesterday pointing him to this thread, hoping he''d weigh in with a comment...

Guess he''s too busy selling yellow diamonds!
1.gif

Yooo Hooo David!!! You''re being paged...Are you out there???

widget

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Love your ring, widget!

And RADIANTTIFF, your stone is incredible!! I love yellow diamonds! Can''t wait to see the finished product!
Blu

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Yeah- I am anxious to hear from David as well- he is definately more experienced in Colored Diamonds than me!!

Widget- Was your setting custom made? I really like it- do you have a thread with all your jewels?

widget

Ideal_Rock

Widget- Was your setting custom made? I really like it- do you have a thread with all your jewels?
That''s an oldie...vintage ''20-''30. The only thing "new" about it is that a while ago I had the mq remounted in YG hoping to enhance the color...

There''s a thread in the "show me" forum entitled: "Some estate, mostly deco rings" that has most of my old stuff. A few other pieces are sort of randomly scattered around...less horrifying that way..
20.gif

BTW...Thanks!
1.gif

widget

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Cannot wait to see the final product!! It is going to be a stunner! and very unique!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results