shape
carat
color
clarity

Year in review - Pearl edition

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn’t sure if I was skating on thin ice posting pearls in the year in review thread…so…how about a pearl exclusive year in review.

Here are mine. Double strand golden south seas; Paspaley opal lavalier 20C56D2C-D7F5-4089-9AAE-DD3ED0D11EFC.jpeg CD43CFDC-2FB4-4812-B2EC-5B2D7403E4A8.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Loooooove it!

I had a small year as I am just getting into pearls.

AAA PP Akoya 7” 14k white gold bracelet

Gem Quality 7.5mm Akoya studs in 18k yellow gold, from Andrew Moline

C3B79ADF-151D-4104-8795-FC9DD6CEC821.jpeg

Attachments

• 873B8037-1E53-4294-BD66-3F01AF0E0C03.jpeg
    873B8037-1E53-4294-BD66-3F01AF0E0C03.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 7

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
I wasn’t sure if I was skating on thin ice posting pearls in the year in review thread…so…how about a pearl exclusive year in review.

Here are mine. Double strand golden south seas; Paspaley opal lavalier 20C56D2C-D7F5-4089-9AAE-DD3ED0D11EFC.jpeg CD43CFDC-2FB4-4812-B2EC-5B2D7403E4A8.jpeg

Your opal lavalier is absolutely divine & the gold baroque SS strand is especially gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I remember your golds from the other thread! It’s a statement strand!!

And I will never tire of pics of your new pendant!! Those diaphanous opals, they’re so pretty, the net effect (hah, pun not intended but I’ll take a win) is so sweet and feminine :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loooooove it!

I had a small year as I am just getting into pearls.

AAA PP Akoya 7” 14k white gold bracelet

Gem Quality 7.5mm Akoya studs in 18k yellow gold, from Andrew Moline

C3B79ADF-151D-4104-8795-FC9DD6CEC821.jpeg

Staples!! ❤️ And I’m not sure I’d call gem akoya “a small year” :bigsmile:

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I'd say that you had a great pearl year! Better than mine. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im not sure if it were this year or last year but i got gifted such lovelly pearls from some very kind PSers
ill post a pic when i get my phone back from its heart/lung transplant

but i can happily report - as tentitivly mentioned on the non-pearl thread (no pictures ;)2)
my daisy pearl necklaces (x2) projects are coming along in leaps and bounds

of course with the use of CZ's in the pandora daisy charms the coloured necklcse will be transfered to the fashion jewlery forum when its complete

i keep upgrading my requirements when it comes to the pearls thanks to this forum :lol-2:

might need some help in the new year when i go to order from Wen pearls

and even though i have asked 100 times im still confussed with findings and clasps (compounded by astronomicaly bad exchange rates and outragouse international shipping :angryfire: ) although that's not specificaly a pearl thing- just giving you all a heads up ;)2

i got all my silver and white enamel daisy charms on special and just in time as they became a deleted line from the big box
have decided the pearl strand i brought from the mall jewler 4 years ago for this purpose are now not nearly nice enough or white enough - thank you PS :lol-2:

also have two or is it three? pearl pieces at the jewler waiting to be picked up after simple repairs but im waiting on a new eftpos card from the bank so that will be after new year now

have dcsided i just do not have the dexterity anymore to even try to knot pearls or even to do simple repairs :(2

but the pearl restringer i found is up north, due to lock down is so far behind she isnt taking on new repair work till she clears the backlog

still

the new year is looking pretty pearly to me :doh:;)2:lol-2:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pearly 2021 in review... Sorta kinda ::)

1. Top pendant is from Paspaley - WSS is 14.4mm, net is the petite Lavalier in rose gold.
2. Bracelet is from Mikimoto, their Cherry Blossom line.
3. Ring has mini gold/pink akoya from Takahashi, setting is CvB’s Legacy in peach gold.
4. Top left pair - 13.4m WSS from Pearl Paradise. These were originally studs but they were just too big for me, so I had them full-drilled with holes large enough for leather cord and I tie them to purse handles :bigsmile:
5. Top right pair - 12.6mm WSS from Paspaley, set by WF.
6. Middle pair - 9.4mm Mikimoto akoya.
7. Bottom left pair - 10.4mm aubergine tahitians from Andrew Moline.
8. Bottom right pair - 9.1mm blue akoya from Takahashi.
IMG_9616 copy.png

1. Deep gold bracelet pair was a split effort - I bought two-thirds-ish a couple years ago and picked up the remainder (enough to make two bubble bracelets!) this year.
2. Champagne GSS from Takahashi.
3. Circled tahitians from Andrew Moline, strung with 4mm gold beads.
4. The red is some sort of calcite composite. Rescued from my mother’s jewellery stash a few days ago - inherited from… Someone on her side of the family tree? I believe it’s coral - it was a common stone and I do see some crazing. No clue if dyed or not, but I’d been wanting some Sardinian coral so this was a fortuitous find! The strand is tiny and fun, I just need another baby ball clasp to string it up :bigsmile:
5. 5-7mm WSS keshi from Takahashi.
6. I redid my Cortez bracelet a touch - it's now got (14) pearls rather than (15), and the two biggest in the center are 2021 additions.
7. 10-11mm baroque blue akoya from Takahshi (one pearl is older, from Pure Pearls).
8. The Sleeping Beauty turquoise beads are photobombing just because they look nice next to the big baroque blues ::)
IMG_9620 copy.png

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

1. Top pendant is from Paspaley - WSS is 14.4mm, net is the petite Lavalier in rose gold.
3. Ring has mini gold/pink akoya from Takahashi, setting is CvB’s Legacy in peach gold.
4. Top left pair - 13.4m WSS from Pearl Paradise. These were originally studs but they were just too big for me, so I had them full-drilled with holes large enough for leather cord and I tie them to purse handles :bigsmile:
IMG_9616 copy.png

1. Deep gold bracelet pair was a split effort - I bought two-thirds-ish a couple years ago and picked up the remainder (enough to make two bubble bracelets!) this year.
4. The red is some sort of calcite composite. Rescued from my mother’s jewellery stash a few days ago - inherited from… Someone on her side of the family tree? I believe it’s coral - it was a common stone and I do see some crazing. No clue if dyed or not, but I’d been wanting some Sardinian coral so this was a fortuitous find! The strand is tiny and fun, I just need another baby ball clasp to string it up :bigsmile:
6. I redid my Cortez bracelet a touch - it's now got (14) pearls rather than (15), and the two biggest in the center are 2021 additions.
7. 10-11mm baroque blue akoya from Takahshi (one pearl is older, from Pure Pearls).
8. The Sleeping Beauty turquoise beads are photobombing just because they look nice next to the big baroque blues ::)
IMG_9620 copy.png

Outstanding as usual!

every item is worthy of note - but I had never seen that mikimoto cherry blossom bracelet! I have been ogling their earrings and adore the design of the bracelet too!

Your 9.4mm Miki studs are also just…such attention hogs! I will never tire of them…and the SoC bracelet…the stuff of dreams. Just ALL the colors a girl could ever dream of. Your new additions to the bracelet are going strong!

just tremendous collection @yssie - you’ve outdone yourself this year!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I traded in my baby starter Akoyas from Moline for their beautiful big sisters! I upgraded from about 7mm (I think) to ~8.6mm. I’m pleased as punch and frankly can’t imagine going bigger. These are my forever Akoyas! The surface is impossibly smooth and they are a basically perfect match with gorgeous luster and color to boot.

F2EAD60C-46E1-4635-B55E-D939BB0CAB01.jpeg F2CB8156-0765-4499-B5BA-E055F13CED72.jpeg

CMN

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_9616 copy.png

IMG_9620 copy.png

Those deep goldens…sigh….

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie no wonder you said you have blown the budget for this and 2022!

DK :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie no wonder you said you have blown the budget for this and 2022!

DK :kiss2:
I told myself it looks worse than it is. It almost worked. Then I looked again. Yeah I’m done with pearls :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those deep goldens…sigh….

I’ve been wearing them more recently!! They feel wintery, which is weird to me because I don’t think of gold as a ”winter” sort of colour, but ::shrug:: I’m reaching for them and that’s a good thing! All the deeps are from Pearl Paradise :love:

In 2022 I’m going to commit to wearing my pieces more often. I know that I’m a collector more than a user, and I’m generally okay with that, but I feel like right now it’s a bit too extreme!!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outstanding as usual!

every item is worthy of note - but I had never seen that mikimoto cherry blossom bracelet! I have been ogling their earrings and adore the design of the bracelet too!

Your 9.4mm Miki studs are also just…such attention hogs! I will never tire of them…and the SoC bracelet…the stuff of dreams. Just ALL the colors a girl could ever dream of. Your new additions to the bracelet are going strong!

just tremendous collection @yssie - you’ve outdone yourself this year!

Thank you!! The bracelet is brilliant actually - those flowers are double sided, so it’s pretty even when it flips! I posted way better pics of it in this thread -
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...to-nyc-and-musings.264641/page-5#post-4959775

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve been wearing them more recently!! They feel wintery, which is weird to me because I don’t think of gold as a ”winter” sort of colour, but ::shrug:: I’m reaching for them and that’s a good thing! All the deeps are from Pearl Paradise :love:

In 2022 I’m going to commit to wearing my pieces more often. I know that I’m a collector more than a user, and I’m generally okay with that, but I feel like right now it’s a bit too extreme!!

im sure there is a thread or two around here to assist you in that ! :wavey:

ive just found its too hot right now for pearls and yet i bought my pink mixed f/w strand from the mall jewler with the idea of wearing it to the beach:lol-2:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_9616 copy.png

IMG_9620 copy.png

So much to love here. Drooling over the GSS bracelet from Takahashi. Such a beautiful color.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much to love here. Drooling over the GSS bracelet from Takahashi. Such a beautiful color.

Yours inspired mine!! :bigsmile:

GeliL

Shiny_Rock

I think gold is a winter colour because it's a champagne and glittery holidays color. I always like to wear gold during this season too :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think we need some kind of winter/ summer jewlery thread

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
2021 brought one of my pearl want/needs to fruition via @Beaders Secret. A big thank you to Bernadette for sourcing the beautiful Australian WSS pearl and the 18ct, diamond enhancer.
My photos just don’t capture the overtones or lustre of the pearl. Any flaws you see in the photos are lighting etc the pearl has a very small fish bite or inclusion (diamond language) on the back, otherwise she is perfect!

Attachments

• 3856DD3B-6E00-4AE6-AAB3-DFF3986BA7D3.jpeg
    3856DD3B-6E00-4AE6-AAB3-DFF3986BA7D3.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 46832588-C494-406C-982F-D8771572FBA5.jpeg
    46832588-C494-406C-982F-D8771572FBA5.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 138
  • F4A4F9C9-33AC-4D6C-A813-2BD1C21C32A9.jpeg
    F4A4F9C9-33AC-4D6C-A813-2BD1C21C32A9.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 5D432D4A-6F83-4820-BA20-0B2640845079.jpeg
    5D432D4A-6F83-4820-BA20-0B2640845079.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 101

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
My photos are terrible (especially the Tahitian bracelet) but here’s the pearl naughtiness I’ve been up to this year:
1) blue baroque akoyas. Single strand and studs first, fell in love and proceeded to buy a triple strand. By itself, the triple strand isn’t a love for me. I think my neck is too squat for the shortest strand so I’m toying with the idea of removing it and turning it into bracelets. Currently I wear the triple with the single strand all together for a jumbled rather than nested look.
2) aqua overtone Tahitian dangles from Kamoka
3) silver baroque Tahitian strand, normally wear this one doubled.
4) multicolor Tahitian bracelet from CMW. Ignore the horrendous string job, it was my first attempt at stringing. I need to have another go at it when O get a little free time.
5) gem quality 7.5-8mm Akoya studs from Moline.
DFACC4ED-BD98-4D4E-B610-B92CC7291A67.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results