shape
carat
color
clarity

Year in review - Pearl edition

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
wow. I get to contribute here. . Sorry I already posted these pics elsewhere.

9.5ish pink akoyas
689DAEAE-415E-4F22-A7A7-AA9DB22130D5.jpeg

11-12 golden south seas
A195B85C-A224-4461-AD31-DC70C2F567F9.jpeg

Another pic of the pink akoyas
4F39E674-85CF-4CF8-A5EC-1F0AE33C6495.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful! Both of them look fabulous on you

love_pearls

Shiny_Rock
My pearly 2021 in review... Sorta kinda ::)

1. Top pendant is from Paspaley - WSS is 14.4mm, net is the petite Lavalier in rose gold.
2. Bracelet is from Mikimoto, their Cherry Blossom line.
3. Ring has mini gold/pink akoya from Takahashi, setting is CvB’s Legacy in peach gold.
4. Top left pair - 13.4m WSS from Pearl Paradise. These were originally studs but they were just too big for me, so I had them full-drilled with holes large enough for leather cord and I tie them to purse handles :bigsmile:
5. Top right pair - 12.6mm WSS from Paspaley, set by WF.
6. Middle pair - 9.4mm Mikimoto akoya.
7. Bottom left pair - 10.4mm aubergine tahitians from Andrew Moline.
8. Bottom right pair - 9.1mm blue akoya from Takahashi.
IMG_9616 copy.png

1. Deep gold bracelet pair was a split effort - I bought two-thirds-ish a couple years ago and picked up the remainder (enough to make two bubble bracelets!) this year.
2. Champagne GSS from Takahashi.
3. Circled tahitians from Andrew Moline, strung with 4mm gold beads.
4. The red is some sort of calcite composite. Rescued from my mother’s jewellery stash a few days ago - inherited from… Someone on her side of the family tree? I believe it’s coral - it was a common stone and I do see some crazing. No clue if dyed or not, but I’d been wanting some Sardinian coral so this was a fortuitous find! The strand is tiny and fun, I just need another baby ball clasp to string it up :bigsmile:
5. 5-7mm WSS keshi from Takahashi.
6. I redid my Cortez bracelet a touch - it's now got (14) pearls rather than (15), and the two biggest in the center are 2021 additions.
7. 10-11mm baroque blue akoya from Takahshi (one pearl is older, from Pure Pearls).
8. The Sleeping Beauty turquoise beads are photobombing just because they look nice next to the big baroque blues ::)
IMG_9620 copy.png

Thank you so much for showing your collection. My eyes went straight to the pair in the middle, then I read that it's from mikimoto. I think if they still have this quality in the size I want, it's a no brainer for me.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
My pearly 2021 in review... Sorta kinda ::)

1. Top pendant is from Paspaley - WSS is 14.4mm, net is the petite Lavalier in rose gold.
2. Bracelet is from Mikimoto, their Cherry Blossom line.
3. Ring has mini gold/pink akoya from Takahashi, setting is CvB’s Legacy in peach gold.
4. Top left pair - 13.4m WSS from Pearl Paradise. These were originally studs but they were just too big for me, so I had them full-drilled with holes large enough for leather cord and I tie them to purse handles :bigsmile:
5. Top right pair - 12.6mm WSS from Paspaley, set by WF.
6. Middle pair - 9.4mm Mikimoto akoya.
7. Bottom left pair - 10.4mm aubergine tahitians from Andrew Moline.
8. Bottom right pair - 9.1mm blue akoya from Takahashi.
IMG_9616 copy.png

1. Deep gold bracelet pair was a split effort - I bought two-thirds-ish a couple years ago and picked up the remainder (enough to make two bubble bracelets!) this year.
2. Champagne GSS from Takahashi.
3. Circled tahitians from Andrew Moline, strung with 4mm gold beads.
4. The red is some sort of calcite composite. Rescued from my mother’s jewellery stash a few days ago - inherited from… Someone on her side of the family tree? I believe it’s coral - it was a common stone and I do see some crazing. No clue if dyed or not, but I’d been wanting some Sardinian coral so this was a fortuitous find! The strand is tiny and fun, I just need another baby ball clasp to string it up :bigsmile:
5. 5-7mm WSS keshi from Takahashi.
6. I redid my Cortez bracelet a touch - it's now got (14) pearls rather than (15), and the two biggest in the center are 2021 additions.
7. 10-11mm baroque blue akoya from Takahshi (one pearl is older, from Pure Pearls).
8. The Sleeping Beauty turquoise beads are photobombing just because they look nice next to the big baroque blues ::)
IMG_9620 copy.png

I would love to see a pic of your purse handles decorated by pearls!!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I love all these pearls, makes me wish I had scooped some up off LT recently… but luckily I have access to all the knowledge and advice in PS. I think 2022 will be a pearly year for me!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all these pearls, makes me wish I had scooped some up off LT recently… but luckily I have access to all the knowledge and advice in PS. I think 2022 will be a pearly year for me!

looking forward to your pearl shopping

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results