shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY! I'm officially shopping for an OEC.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I already talked to Yekutiel. I'm really excited about his stone and it will be here on Thursday. I've already talked to a jeweler or two about the setting so I have a handle on pricing and options there as well. I was prepared for this to go pear shaped, but hopeful enough to take a chance on it. Such is life.

I have a REALLY good feeling about the ID M though, I just do. And I haven't been able to really get it out of my head. But just in case it just doesn't work for me there are other options out there. And I'll find the right one.

Yeah... the only thing I wish is that I had asked the seller to email me the appraisal they were relying on. If I'd seen the Dover name, I wouldn't have bought it. Fool me one shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me.

I am sad I had to let that setting go though. It was flipping gorgeous!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well at least you have other options to be excited about. I hope the ID stone works.............and then there is the setting option.... :naughty:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:( Yeah, Dover reports seem to be not so precise...glad you had a return policy and really glad the ID stone is on its way. Can't wait to see it :cheeky:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Part and parcel of the ebay experience. You win some and you lose some. =) If I could find an early transitional I'd give that a shot too. I keeping finding only later transitionals though.

Yeah... I love Kelpie's ring. So I'm thinking if I get the M I'll be very happy. And I will set it so that the M color really shows off next to white melee.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a bummer about the ebay ring, but I'll cross my fingers for the one from IDjewelry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kcoursolle|1317791630|3033613 said:
What a bummer about the ebay ring, but I'll cross my fingers for the one from IDjewelry.

Thank you honey. This might be option B. I'm not expecting to need an option B really, unless the color bugs me, but it's nice to have one.

Option B.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Option B faceting looks divine !

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks RoL! I'm admit I'm feeling very bling deprived at the moment. Ungrateful brat that I am. Maybe I should go and put on my engagement ring and wear it for a while (although I don't wear it in the house).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1317796149|3033655 said:
Would you be wearing the OEC around more than your ER? I saw a reasonably priced OEC for a 7.3mm spread.. but it ended yesterday :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220862269860?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I watched that one but the pics were too edited for me. So no worries hon!

Okay so... I have setting option number two (which is very close to one I already have a quote on by Hunt Country)...

In all diamonds with the baguettes slightly shorter than these. So no sapphires.

The OEC will be a RHR... so no. In all likelihood they will be worn together almost all the time. Or I'll just wear my engagement ring and wedding band.

tas35651.jpg

tas35652.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Baguettes and not frenchies?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy,

How disappointing. I have been checking on and off waiting for your update. I am sorry. :nono:

I would just say that part of the game is the hunt and you still have options. Fabulous options at that. So all is not lost.

I think your new sparklie thing is just around the corner.

Meanwhile I just collect the pictures of all the beautiful settings you are unearthing in my inspiration folder. :tongue:

So thank you!! You have exquisite taste!!! :bigsmile:

:wavey:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh I really like that setting.

can't wait to see what you think of the ID stone...you will find your OEC eventually!!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gypsy, I'm sorry that didn't work out for you. I know you said you wouldn't buy from Canada but since vintage lover vouched for them and the setting looks to be in your liking from what you posted they have an OEC that might be interesting check it out. Good luck hon!

http://www.billleboeufjewellers.com/category/estate_pieces/rings/

e3768-300x225.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aw, bummer gypsy. it certainly had a whole bunch of promise! i kept checking yesterday looking for updates... seems like a lot of PSers have an exciting week this week!

you have a great nose for sniffing out tons of promising options though, so it's kinda fun that the journey continues (at least for all of us ;)) )! i can't wait to hear what you think of the IDJ stone, the patterning makes my heart skip a beat so i'm hoping it does the same for you once you lay eyes on it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy I love that ring with the sapphs. Have you considered cadillac side stones a la that Tacori in a similar style? I htink a slight taper to the sides, like traps or cadillacs, would be more pelasing to my eye as it would flow into the shank.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317792006|3033618 said:
kcoursolle|1317791630|3033613 said:

Thank you honey. This might be option B. I'm not expecting to need an option B really, unless the color bugs me, but it's nice to have one.

This one looks like it has potential, but hard to tell since the picture is off center. I like the setting, it's really lovely. As long as the sapphires aren't too dark in person I think it would be gorgeous. The prongs are a nice touch and I like the flare on the side.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Awww. Yeah, Dover sucks for accuracy. Too bad they didn't say that was who appraised it or scan it for you, that would've saved much hassle!

I do think the M from Yekutiel had the nicest faceting of any of the options so far, especially the nice regular center facets I know you like. Will be waiting with baited breath!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WooHoo! The ID stone will be here tomorrow at 10am. :appl:

I think some version of the last setting is going to be the 'permanent' home of whatever stone I get.

I've thought about traps Dreamer 8) but ultimately decided it would make it too modern for me. What I like about Deco setting is the juxtaposition of the different shapes and the contrast of step cuts and brilliant cuts and the sometimes occurring interruption of some flow.

You never know though, until I've approved a final design by someone and fabrication starts it's all up for grabs! The one thing I am adamant about is that the design be very RHR and very different from my engagement ring.

Thanks everyone for your friendship and support you made my day! Now I'm off to investigate the link posted!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a feeling this is going to be a winner Gypsy!! I like that you are sticking with a deco/RHR type setting. It will be stunning!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1317843100|3034025 said:
WooHoo! The ID stone will be here tomorrow at 10am. :appl:
10 am has come and gone.... any news? any pictures??

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
LGK|1317840005|3033993 said:
Awww. Yeah, Dover sucks for accuracy. Too bad they didn't say that was who appraised it or scan it for you, that would've saved much hassle!

I do think the M from Yekutiel had the nicest faceting of any of the options so far, especially the nice regular center facets I know you like. Will be waiting with baited breath!
That can work both ways too. Like when they let a $25,000 Lawrence Graff go for $1,300 because they didn't check the hallmark.

Gypsy, looks like a winner to me!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
so...did you get it?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tapping fingers waiting :roll:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a bad bad PSer, sorry to keep you all waiting. It's been a hectic day and PS wouldn't let me post pics earlier when I tried to....

So here's the news. The stone is a firecracker and a discoball with amazing faceting and performance. I could stare at it for days. I have never seen ANY old cut, at Langs or at any of the stores I've been trolling for a fix, perform the way this one does. It's a GORGEOUS candlelight color and flawless to the naked eye in terms of cut and clarity. But... since I want an everyday stone to wear on my right hand the color is not mindclean for me. It's a chameleon and in some lights, and especially when sitting in the settings I gave it a test run in, it is white but... I have a step cut F on my other hand and throughout the day the color difference really bothered me. So with MUCH regret... I have to release this one back into the wild.

I HAVE pics. PHENOMENALLY BAD taken my Gypsy pics, but pics nonetheless. So stay tuned.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... here are the pics folks. Don't cringe at my photography skills too much. I already have enough for all of us. You can laugh though... I did plenty of that as well.

ID M OEC.jpg

ID M OEC 2.jpg

OEC 027.JPG

OEC 044.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
More...

OEC 028.JPG

OEC 029.JPG

OEC 031.JPG

OEC 042.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And two of it in a setting that it really seemed to like. It was interesting to see it in settings because even though I didn't want pave, it really KICKED SERIOUS TAIL when popped into a pave setting. Something that really surprised me. And the color looked very rich and creamy in contrast with the pave and ... they just really complimented each other. This particular setting was not my taste as it was HUGE but it really worked for the stone (my crappy photography not withstanding, you'll have to trust my eyes not my photography).

2011-10-06_16-25-34_493.jpg

2011-10-06_16-25-42_180.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(( So sorry for you Gypsy! I totally understand that you have to be happy with the color. Keep searching, you will find the one.

It really looks like a beauty :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1317954084|3035037 said:
:(( So sorry for you Gypsy! I totally understand that you have to be happy with the color. Keep searching, you will find the one.

It really looks like a beauty :love:

Actually the right one kind of found me today. :oops: I was out and about with the lovely M and on my way to one jeweler to see it in this setting I love and another jeweler in town that I had asked WEEKS AGO if they could find me a stone and had heard not a PEEP from about it called me to tell me they had a stone in for me. :confused: They said it was a warm stone with a chip though, so I wasn't hopeful and didn't rush over.

So I went to the original jeweler I intended to go to and had a square peg, round hole experience. The diamond is SUPER fast for an old cut. Seriously the facets are like BING BAM BOOM! And the
colors it picks up and throws off! Amazing. But every time I put it in a setting that I liked the style of... it just looked sad. But when I put it in these pave and milgrain settings it just came alive and I would literally gasp. It's got AMAZING FIRE. And the flares shooting out of it were so intense when it was sitting in a setting. But when ever my left hand would get involved, with my engagement ring the tint would kinda poke at me.

So I thought, what the heck... let's go to the other jeweler, if nothing else I can see the M under their lights and in their settings too. So I get there and I show them the stone and they are REALLY impressed. The appraiser was there today and she took a really long look at it under all kinds of things and in different light and she was very impressed with performance and the quality of it.

So then I asked about the stone they got in for me. And they pulled it out and handed it to me and... bam! It got me. It's a J/K (I compared it to the master stones myself) and an eyeclean SI with an indented natural and a chip in the girdle they are polishing for me (along with the girdle and some abraded facets) and it's visibly larger than the M (M is 6.5 and the local stone is 6.7) and visibly whiter and it has a larger culet, which I love, and larger slower facets, a higher crown than the M and while objectively and side by side the performance of the M was better the J/K just really grabbed my attention and didn't let it go. Plus I kinda like the chip. Weird but true it's an 'age spot' in a really old stone. So... it will be a while till I get it as it needs a little tlc, but over all. I'm really happy.

Surprised. But ultimately happy.

I have only one picture of "my" stone... but here it is. The finale!

MY stone..jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results