shape
carat
color
clarity

WWPS do - reset, refurbish, or keep as-is?

Reset, Refurbish, or Keep As-Is?

• 1) Reset! Get it put in a Van Craeynest bezel, and call it a day and call it an heirloom.

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • 2) Reset! Get it put in something by another maker whom I will name below and from whom I shall sho

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • 3) Refurbish! Send it to Ari at Single Stone to have the bruted girdle faceted and the current setti

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • 4) Refurbish! Leave that stone's healthy girdle be and have your local bench polish the setting up

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • 5) For gods sake, woman, enjoy your ring and leave well enough alone.

Votes: 26 38.2%

• Total voters

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry for the long hiatus - it turned into A Very Busy Weekend (in a good way, but, yikes, exhausted).

bright ice|1317344344|3029259 said:
It's a gorgeous stone whatever you do with it.

Thanks, Bright Ice - I love it, and I keep staring at it like a loon everywhere I am. I'm pretty sure the people in the park must have either though I had a compass strapped to my finger, or that I was trying to read my own palm (and getting it wrong, at that).

slg47 said:
love that last setting you posted...that gets my vote!

Thanks, SLG - I love the horizontal French cuts. It's simple, its blingy, it's secure .... :mrgreen:

vintagelover229 said:
I LOVE the current setting but it would also look great with a colored stone or sold for another lucky woman who'd wear it as an e-ring.

I vote for either SS or VC bezel setting with some french cuts like the one you have picture or like LGK has (it is my DREAM DREAM setting you have LGK and my SO said I could rest it in that and if it didn't cost as much if not more than my entire set I would have considered it. Someday for a smaller RHR I hope to do a sapphire bezel with some french cut side stones but that's YEARS away).

Beautiful ring though and great find! :love: :love:

I'm really excited about the possibility of getting a custom piece from VC - I talked to Larry Van Craeynest last week, and should be seeing some sketchs maybe tomorrow. Eeeeeeeeeee! But I guess it really depends on the specific sketches and proportions and finding something that I just Can't Resist - much as I did with the stone. Also, thank you! From a fellow bargain-hunter, I am flattered!!!

yennyfire said:
Yssie|1317336094|3029120 said:
Can I vote refurbish and reset? Have Ari polish the girdle - so long as it's not a high risk, then have Van Craeynest work magic with a setting :love: :love: :love:

Not that the current setting isn't very pretty, 'cause it is, but if you have the option VC is just a whole different level of luxury I think! Your stone is GORGEOUS :sun: :appl:

I'm with Yssie. If you're going to reset it, this is what I'd do. Such a tough call, b/c it's gorgeous as-is!

Thanks, Yenny! It's the root of the temptation, all right. :devil:

Dreamer_D said:
I don't feel that there are sacred cows in the settings of these older rings, personally. Enough will survive as a record of the times, we don't need all of them.

You asked why I don't like that ring for a RHR... it is mostly practicality, I feel like that type of solitaire, with a stone that large, is just asking to catch on things and be annoying when you dig in a pocket, pick up your kid, run your hand through your hair. All of this assumes you are right handed. I like a RHR to be lower profile, and if not bezel, then set so the shank swoops up to meet the girdle in some way so the whole piece is smoothly integrated more with the hand. Purely functional, which is an important element of esthetics in my book.

Dreamer, this is a very practical set of points that hadn't occurred to me - thanks! I've worn rings on my right-hand before, but they have all been cabs or bezels or both. Excellent advice, and a definite check in the reset column ....

Gypsy said:
Dreamer_D|1317441831|3030347 said:
I don't feel that there are sacred cows in the settings of these older rings, personally. Enough will survive as a record of the times, we don't need all of them.

Agree. Plus most of the time we re-set them on PS with colored stones... totally in keeping with the era.

And I didn't think that's a true period piece. I thought it was a reproduction too.

I know I personally plan to reset the diamond I bought, or buy an unset but the setting I get will be in keeping with the age of the diamond. And I think Circe's desire for a VC is also in complete keeping with the diamonds history. Plus it will make her love it more and wear it more... so win win!

Win win indeed! The setting is apparently a period piece, so no matter what I do with it, I'll definitely try to do it justice - Amy's idea about consigning down below hadn't occurred to me, but now that it's been suggested, I'll definitely either go that route or keep it set with another stone (hm, I have always wanted to see a fishtail prong setting with an asscher - if the kid's setting turns out to be topaz, I might have to explore that option!).

MrsBettyBoop said:
I agree with reset the new/old stone. *I* think it's kinda weird to have something so similar to your e-ring and I would personally kill over dead if you reset your e-ring stone instead. Your e-ring is what made me fall in love with fishtail prongs. :love:

I probably wouldn't polish it or anything either. I think it's purdy as is... keeping the oldness, if that makes any sense. :wacko:

Heheheheh - thanks, BB! I am both flattered and with you: while I can see how people might suggest resetting the stone that's not original to the setting, anyway, I love my e-ring, and it would break my heart to futz with it. Plus, a modern RB in a VC setting would seem ... off to me, somehow. Good point about keeping the oldness, too - my husband said something similar. He scratched his head and said, "But isn't the thing you like the fact that its hand-cut, survived years and years, etc.?" And you're both right! So, since there's not structural damage and I'm going to bezel anyway, the repolish angle is probably falling by the wayside.

diamondseeker2006 said:
After looking at your other thread, I would not keep it in that setting because I think it is too similar to your e-ring setting. Plus I think your e-ring setting looks like better quality and condition. My only qualm would be that I wouldn't want a right hand ring with a larger diamond than my e-ring. So if I had this happy problem, I would reset it and alternate it with my e-ring instead of wearing it as a RHR. I'd do a Van Craeynest, personally, but I am not sure I recall seeing one with a bezel. Maybe once it is out of the setting, it can better be determined if it needs a bezel to protect the girdle. I am often one who is sad to see old rings reset, but I do not love this setting enough to keep it as is. Can't wait to see what you decide!!!

Excellent logic, DS, thank you! You articulated the thought process very clearly ....

Amys Bling said:
Reset- salvage the setting and consign it with JbEG!

And you, succinctly!

So, yeah - at this point, waiting with bated breath to see what Mr. Van Craeynest can do with my jumble of ideas. Fingers crossed!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
vintagelover229|1317397787|3029731 said:
I LOVE the current setting but it would also look great with a colored stone or sold for another lucky woman who'd wear it as an e-ring.

I vote for either SS or VC bezel setting with some french cuts like the one you have picture or like LGK has (it is my DREAM DREAM setting you have LGK and my SO said I could rest it in that and if it didn't cost as much if not more than my entire set I would have considered it. Someday for a smaller RHR I hope to do a sapphire bezel with some french cut side stones but that's YEARS away).

Hey, psssssst, VintageLover! Have you seen this one from Single Stone?

http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=799&startRow=9

For VintageLover.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1317581880|3031343 said:

+1...I voted reset bc as it is now, it'll compete with your e ring...a reset will make it look more like a RHR IMO

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Circe,

Congratulations on your beautiful new stone in celebration of so many incredible milestones... five years... new baby- it is just breathtaking and seems meant for you. I love the story of how you found it waiting for you after several years, and the under budget deal part is just delicious.

The setting is beautiful, but its your stone now, and although it is a piece of history it is also a part of your history and has found a loving new home. Others suggested a colored stone for the setting which sounds amazing, but you and this stone need to make your own story and history, so if you keep it as is - its a winner, if you decide to reset, I'm certain it will be beautiful. Loving wishes and all the best.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for a reset. Would love to see more pictures of some settings you are considering!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reset, it shouldn't look so much like your ER ring. You mentioned Van Craeynest, which I think would be the perfect fit for you and your stone. :appl:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1317591465|3031464 said:

http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=799&startRow=9

:love: :love: That is beautiful! The RHR I would get would be a sapphire centerstone and diamond french cuts but THAT is just how I'd like to do it (slight taper perhaps). Alas unless diamond/metal prices come down it will always be a dream ::)

Are you leaning one way over another? Reset or refurbish? Either way it will be STUNNING!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
centralsquare|1317599269|3031593 said:

+1...I voted reset bc as it is now, it'll compete with your e ring...a reset will make it look more like a RHR IMO

Thanks, Central Square - that is a point to consider.
gardengloves said:
Hi Circe,

Congratulations on your beautiful new stone in celebration of so many incredible milestones... five years... new baby- it is just breathtaking and seems meant for you. I love the story of how you found it waiting for you after several years, and the under budget deal part is just delicious.

The setting is beautiful, but its your stone now, and although it is a piece of history it is also a part of your history and has found a loving new home. Others suggested a colored stone for the setting which sounds amazing, but you and this stone need to make your own story and history, so if you keep it as is - its a winner, if you decide to reset, I'm certain it will be beautiful. Loving wishes and all the best.

Hey, Garden Gloves! First off, your gorgeous OEC is one of the pieces that made me want an old cut in the first place - tickled to see you weighing in! Second, thank you for all the kind sentiments! And third ... again, excellent points! My problem is that the style I love tends to be very consistent ... so I need to find something that I adore that isn't a body double for my e-ring. Argh!

kal2021 said:
My vote is for a reset. Would love to see more pictures of some settings you are considering!

Oh, Kal2021, you don't have to ask me twice! Next several posts will be a mishmash of links and pics (and if anybody feels like telling me how to make one of those nifty collages I see periodically, I will be ever grateful).

lyra said:
Reset, it shouldn't look so much like your ER ring. You mentioned Van Craeynest, which I think would be the perfect fit for you and your stone. :appl:

Heh, thanks Lyra!

vintagelover229 said:
Circe|1317591465|3031464 said:

:love: :love: That is beautiful! The RHR I would get would be a sapphire centerstone and diamond french cuts but THAT is just how I'd like to do it (slight taper perhaps). Alas unless diamond/metal prices come down it will always be a dream ::)

Are you leaning one way over another? Reset or refurbish? Either way it will be STUNNING!

I go back and forth all the time! I keep looking down at my hand and loving the setting ... and then I keep fixating on the slight wonkiness, or I bang my hand into something and have a mini-freak-out. So I think I'm leaning towards resetting, but I need to get the setting design absolutely perfect in my head before I go any further. So ... pics of inspiration pieces to come, further suggestions welcome!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, so: first up, a setting I saw in (gods help me) Engagement 101. In my own defense, it's one of the very few publications out there that actually looks at fashion trends in jewelry, but it's sort of the equivalent of a movie you have to watch on mute, quality-wise.

The magazine attributes this setting to Bulgari, but I'm damned if I can find anything similar on their website, and I wouldn't want the exact setting, anyway: I like the shape of the head, but I hate the pave double-band, and I don't like the diamonds by the corners.

You'll notice the image is a very classy photo of the magazine, as my scanner isn't unpacked yet: when I was describing this to designers, I was calling it either a cross between a bezel and a fishtail prong setting, or a Moorish halo.

Transitional Photos 109.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Star Sparkle just started a thread in SMTR on her gorgeous vintage ring from Lang's (SS, I hope you don't mind my using your ring as an example - if you do, say the word and I'll have the mods strike it ASAP). The head there is eerily close to what I was trying to articulate (proving, I guess, both that there is nothing new under the sun and that great minds think alike): here's two shots from Lang's archives to illustrate, which show both the beauty and security of this sort of setting.

ETA: pics were out of order on the first attempt, so, edited!

Setting 1.jpg

Setting 4.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gaaaaaah, I suck at this! No idea why the second photo is the tiny ineffectual cousin of the first.

But, at any rate, that probably gives you a good idea of the contents of my "Reset Ideas" folder: I have a couple of octagonal settings like this in there for good measure, but, at the end of the day, add in the curviness I want, and they're variants on the first two anyway.

Octoganal setting.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
But what might have caught your eye about the above posts is that all the rings I like are basically solitaires with fancy heads. When it comes to what to do for the shank, I'm stumped. I love how slender the band on the original setting is, but it seems ... counterproductive, or redundant, somehow, to reset the ring just to make a minute change to the protection/fluidity of the head. So I'm trying to figure out what I can do on that front that will,

a) tie in to the sort of head I want,

b) make it look a little less engagement-y,

and, c) have some sort of emotional significance.

I'm a big fan of peacock motifs and dragonflies (as the Krikawa setting might have indicated), but I'm more Art Deco than I am Art Nouveau in most of my tastes. So, basically, I'm trying to design a shank that looks like Deco nodding to Nouveau. Any of you design gurus or Photoshop geniuses got any tips or suggestions for me?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That first one is gorgeous..it reminds me of flower petals and I just love it! I love SS's too-I would go for either of those, personally!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1317771250|3033350 said:
I also love this sort of ring, with a boxier, more bezel-like fishtail setting, though I still love the curviness of the two above: representative images taken from JBEG's page, here: http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...n-Cut-Antique/12447264_2Jp4rC#891243250_Zbfbx

I have these same photos saved on my computer and thought about recommending this type of setting-but I wasn't sure if it was going to be your cup of tea. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring. I am not 100% certain why...but I just love EVERYTHING about it. Totally will let the center stone shine and then you could have an AMAZING band to go with it :naughty:

However are you wanting it to look like a RHR or is it okay if your RHR could also look like an e-ring? I personally don't care if it would look like I had 2 e-rings on my fingers if that baby looked like THAT but some people don't want the e-ring look twice :)

ETA: I bet if you got Ari or another very skilled filigree jeweler to make it you could have (in the shank) dragonflies incorporated in there some how. :naughty:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Soooo - if you do decide to reset - I sure hope I'm around DB when you list it ;-)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
packrat|1317771896|3033363 said:
That first one is gorgeous..it reminds me of flower petals and I just love it! I love SS's too-I would go for either of those, personally!

I love it, too! So ... if I go with that, it's, a) a question of choosing an artisan to make it (finding out if Van Craeynest can make that sort of head, for example), and, b) figuring out what to do with the shank!

vintagelover229 said:
I have these same photos saved on my computer and thought about recommending this type of setting-but I wasn't sure if it was going to be your cup of tea. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring. I am not 100% certain why...but I just love EVERYTHING about it. Totally will let the center stone shine and then you could have an AMAZING band to go with it :naughty:

However are you wanting it to look like a RHR or is it okay if your RHR could also look like an e-ring? I personally don't care if it would look like I had 2 e-rings on my fingers if that baby looked like THAT but some people don't want the e-ring look twice :)

ETA: I bet if you got Ari or another very skilled filigree jeweler to make it you could have (in the shank) dragonflies incorporated in there some how. :naughty:

Heheheh - great minds think alike! And, seriously, any and all suggestions welcome.

I'm actually kinda curious what it is that people think of as being RHR...ingy, I guess, for lack of a better word: I mean, the fact that this ring looks like my engagement ring makes me want to change it, but if I had, oh, a bezel for an e-ring, I think I'd wear it without blinking an eye. So ... chime in at will, one and all? Or, if this thread is getting people more focused on resets than pontification, will start another, RHR-focused one. And in response to your ETA - that tempts me mightily! If they can do it, I can also see VC making a gorgeous 3D dragonfly, a la their gorgeous floral motifs ....

And, on a more general note: I tried on the Vatche Alexa at ID Jewelry today. It was gorgeous, but ... dare I say ... huge. Here it is with a filler stone of the same proportions. For an everyday ring, does this seem RHRingish, or over-the-top?

Transitional Photos 114.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
athenaworth|1317856627|3034153 said:
Soooo - if you do decide to reset - I sure hope I'm around DB when you list it ;-)

Hee, thank you!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

agreed! I adore the bezel with the french cuts. :love: I'm not a big bezel fan, but that setting is gorgeous and would really show off your faceting. I love it, and your idea of making the setting a bit more delicate :lickout: , so thats my vote.

SneakyBF

Rough_Rock
I went with option 4. From my mens perspective that ring is pretty awesome. It looks like its held up well and I think you should leave it be. I dont think polishing the metal would be a bad thing but Id leave the stone as is.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Back and forth and back and forth ...! I love the various settings I posted (and more besides), but I also really like this setting. One thing that I'm finding massively frustrating is that all of the jewelers I've been considering and corresponding with are on the West Coast. Given the time difference, it means no more than one communique a day ... argh.

Seriously: Single Stone? SF. Van Craeynest? SF. Green Lake? Seattle. 23rd St. Jewelers? LA. I live in New York City! We have the biggest jewelry district in the country, if not the world! How the heck can we not have anybody, a) specializing in restoration work/vintage pieces, who, b) works with the public and not just the trade?

I am assuming that we HAVE to have them, and I've just missed it. Anybody want to give me a heads-up? My usual jeweler is awesome, but he doesn't specialize in vintage-y pieces, so it's no good looking to him for a reset. A refurbish, maybe ... I was looking at the setting under the loupe, and I noticed the faintest traces of milgrain. Mm, milgrain! That would look delicious!

Can haz halp? 8)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1318002149|3035346 said:
Back and forth and back and forth ...! I love the various settings I posted (and more besides), but I also really like this setting. One thing that I'm finding massively frustrating is that all of the jewelers I've been considering and corresponding with are on the West Coast. Given the time difference, it means no more than one communique a day ... argh.

Seriously: Single Stone? SF. Van Craeynest? SF. Green Lake? Seattle. 23rd St. Jewelers? LA. I live in New York City! We have the biggest jewelry district in the country, if not the world! How the heck can we not have anybody, a) specializing in restoration work/vintage pieces, who, b) works with the public and not just the trade?

I am assuming that we HAVE to have them, and I've just missed it. Anybody want to give me a heads-up? My usual jeweler is awesome, but he doesn't specialize in vintage-y pieces, so it's no good looking to him for a reset. A refurbish, maybe ... I was looking at the setting under the loupe, and I noticed the faintest traces of milgrain. Mm, milgrain! That would look delicious!

Can haz halp? 8)

Have you thought about having GOG make something for you? They've been putting out some amazing 100% custom pieces and they are "local". At the very least they may have some more stock settings for you to try on.

Another thing: don't be in a rush. The current setting is beautiful and as long as it's sturdy and safe in there I'd wear it until you've found the setting you know 1000% is right. I've seen some beautiful rings and seen a LOT of resets out of the beautiful rings (to each their own) but I can't fathom spending all that $$$ time and time again. Go visit www.antiqueengagementrings.com (they are in NYC i believe) and all the stores you can and I have no doubt you'll stumble across something that makes your heart stop.

I'm all for van craeynest or greenlake's work though-both are beautiful!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
vintagelover229|1318003379|3035362 said:
Have you thought about having GOG make something for you? They've been putting out some amazing 100% custom pieces and they are "local". At the very least they may have some more stock settings for you to try on.

Another thing: don't be in a rush. The current setting is beautiful and as long as it's sturdy and safe in there I'd wear it until you've found the setting you know 1000% is right. I've seen some beautiful rings and seen a LOT of resets out of the beautiful rings (to each their own) but I can't fathom spending all that $$$ time and time again. Go visit www.antiqueengagementrings.com (they are in NYC i believe) and all the stores you can and I have no doubt you'll stumble across something that makes your heart stop.

As the Marie character says in "When Harry Met Sally" ... you're right, you're right, I know you're right! There is absolutely no reason for me to be hurrying on this: if anything, if I spend a year looking for the perfect reset and get it in time for the official 5th year anniversary (of marriage, rather than of being together), that, too, will be just fine and, in point of fact, nicely symbolic! It's a personality flaw, I guess: when I get involved with something, I'm like a pitbull about getting it done. Relax, Circe!

I've seen GOG do some cool modern things, but never noticed anything vintage-y - do link me, please! And as for antiqueengagementrings.com and, for that matter, Israel Rose - good suggestion! I'll have to give them a call and see if they have anything hanging around that's not on their website, or if they have people who do repair and restoration work (because, hey, even if I wait a year or more for a reset, I know I'll want somebody to polish this baby up a bit!).

And on another note, for anybody reading the thread with an eye towards their own reset ... I remembered something LGK had said about WannaBuyaWatch (worst name ever, guys!) having modern replicas of vintage pieces. Well, appalling name aside, they actually have a nice selection of styles! Just putting it out there ... :rodent:
http://wannabuyawatch.com/mountings1.html

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1318005693|3035384 said:
vintagelover229|1318003379|3035362 said:

As the Marie character says in "When Harry Met Sally" ... you're right, you're right, I know you're right! There is absolutely no reason for me to be hurrying on this: if anything, if I spend a year looking for the perfect reset and get it in time for the official 5th year anniversary (of marriage, rather than of being together), that, too, will be just fine and, in point of fact, nicely symbolic! It's a personality flaw, I guess: when I get involved with something, I'm like a pitbull about getting it done. Relax, Circe!

I've seen GOG do some cool modern things, but never noticed anything vintage-y - do link me, please! And as for antiqueengagementrings.com and, for that matter, Israel Rose - good suggestion! I'll have to give them a call and see if they have anything hanging around that's not on their website, or if they have people who do repair and restoration work (because, hey, even if I wait a year or more for a reset, I know I'll want somebody to polish this baby up a bit!).

And on another note, for anybody reading the thread with an eye towards their own reset ... I remembered something LGK had said about WannaBuyaWatch (worst name ever, guys!) having modern replicas of vintage pieces. Well, appalling name aside, they actually have a nice selection of styles! Just putting it out there ... :rodent:
http://wannabuyawatch.com/mountings1.html

I've talked to Leigh (I think that's how he spells Lee) on the phone from antiqueengagementrings and he has lots of actual authentic vintage pieces that he doesn't post on his site. Most of the ones (not all-he puts it in the listings on line) are replicas that he has made by someone (not sure who) so he would probably be a good starting point. Jonathan has a youtube channel that you can search though-just search custom and you'll see everything they've done. (search diamondinfoman on youtube)

My personality is the same way. I go and go and go and it doesn't matter what I won't stop until it's done or whatever it is becomes perfect. Hence 6 years searching for a vintage sapphire and diamond watch. I had to find the right number styling on the dial, the right shape, the solid gold band, the right set up, working order AND a good price (even better cuz I got great value on trade in pieces and servicing all in one shot). Like pulling teeth I tell you-but I finally have one and it's MINE :appl: I get it on my wedding day as a gift from my dad and I'm so happy I didn't settle nor get it earlier bc now it's even more special. So hold out until you KNOW. I know you have that feeling that I'm talking about-when the wave of relief just washes over you and you think I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY! See! There IS the PERFECT one! I think to many people *settle* for almost perfect bc they don't *quite* know what prefect is in their head and don't have a set vision (I like SO many styles and such a wide range of things that prefect is a relative term).

The way I've *dealt* with it is I try to find something that checks off more than one box. For example I love bezels, I love rose cuts, I love sapphires and I need a RHR. So I'm holding out for a bezel set rose cut sapphire/diamond (either sapphire rose cut or diamond rose cut with sapphires) that is a ring. But I also need a bezel diamond pendant-so that could also do the rose cut and then I figure out a different combo. I know I know :errrr: But I find that's what works for me so I don't have a million rings/etc in my jewelery box unworn.

You'll find *the one* and it will be the perfect RHR for you. You may have to go custom but when you find all those elements on different rings and you can envision it perfectly in your head (and the design works and you know you have the perfect jeweler for the job) you can pull the trigger then. Until that happens get it nice and polished up and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL setting it is in now.

Boy! Sorry I wrote so much! I'm off to check on my homemade pumpkin pies-only manged to burn myself on the oven twice so far, lets hope I don't manage to do it again :rolleyes:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Circe!

Have you made any progress re deciding what to do with your lovely stone? I have an AVR and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to set it and I'm curious to know how you've been faring . I love all the choices you've mentioned, particularly the idea of a VC bezel, or a setting similar to Star Sparkle's beautiful Lang Antique one (or even leave it as is, it's a wonderful setting!).

Hope it's moving along smoothly :)) .

olympia776

Rough_Rock
I voted for a little polish. I think that it's worth while to keep it as is for a while and see how you feel about it. Wear it in the current setting and see how you feel about it in a week/month. You can always change it in the future but why not keep it in that beautiful setting, which I suspect you were really drawn to, for at least a little bit?

:)

It's so gorgeous - wear it in good health!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1317333393|3029076 said:
gasp! she can't take that setting apart!!! :errrr: if you must reset, please sell the setting to a good home.

I vote reset - but I agree with this! I have no prob with two solitaires but I do think they could look a little bit different from one another. And I *really* love your e-ring setting so much more...

I don't think I'd do bezel, but maybe some heavy duty swirly split prongs or something... I dunno - lots of options!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ADORE the Moorish Halo and I can TOTALLY see the why you called it that. It's GORGEOUS! Just flat out fabulous. I would do that head. As for shank... What about the one I am having done? I love what you posted for me and think this head would work with it.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
5) For gods sake, woman, enjoy your ring and leave well enough alone.

lol!

I love the ring as is, but then again, I have a passion for those old settings, especially when the head makes the round stone look squarish.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*bump* in the hopes that Circe may have an update :geek:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results