shape
carat
color
clarity

Wrong Whiteflash bracelet....now what do I do??? :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee for deciding which bracelet you want. I''d go for the 4ct since you already know it and love it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay om making a decision!
I am sorry that I did not post a picture of my 2 ctw on my wrist, I did not get back to this thread until now!
I say keep the 4 ctw...more bling is a GOOD thing!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been reading this thread from the beginning and never posted - and at this point, I''d like to add my opinion - right on, go for the four! It''s "every day" if you wear it every day, regardless of what weight it is. Plus, I love the idea of having the one your DH surprised you with. Reminds me of the Carl Sandburg verse - If your mother asks you how many eggs you want and you say two, but she makes you three and you eat three, who is better at arithmetic, you or your mother? In this case, I think your DH got the arithmetic right.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2008 6:22:38 PM
Author: MonkeyDog
Anyone have thoughts on that, LOL?
Get what makes you happy.
2.gif

And congrats, you really couldn''t go wrong here!
36.gif

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
I like how all of you think.
9.gif

Now, unfortunately, another snag. According to WF I cannot have a few links added to my original bracelet since the new production run of links looks a bit different. I have no idea how different they look although I can''t imagine they would be *very* different since WF will still be offering the three-prong bracelet.

Now I don''t know if I should just have the original sent back to me and keep it even though it will be a little snug (and uncomfortable) on my wrist, or get a totally new bracelet with the "new" kind of links.

I feel really bad about this since once I made the decision I was thrilled with it. You know how sometimes you just have to work through something? Then you realize "That''s what I really, really want!" I was thrilled that they had kept the original one aside for me so I could get it back for sentimental reasons. The more I thought about it the more it meant to me. Now, IDK. It would just be a bracelet.
8.gif

I asked if they could send me pics of the new links to compare. IDK, maybe the difference is really only noticable to jewelers. I also asked if perhaps someone else had some of their links removed and they were just hanging around, or maybe the manufacturer had a few extras left over.

The more I think about it the more bummed I am. I don''t want a different bracelet. I just want the same one he gave me.
8.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 5:22:07 PM
I asked if they could send me pics of the new links to compare. IDK, maybe the difference is really only noticable to jewelers. I also asked if perhaps someone else had some of their links removed and they were just hanging around, or maybe the manufacturer had a few extras left over.

The more I think about it the more bummed I am. I don''t want a different bracelet. I just want the same one he gave me.
8.gif
MD - I''m sorry that it''s not going smoothly for you.
7.gif

I like the idea to ask for pics. This should better assist you with determining if the "new" link is for you. Who knows ... maybe you''ll prefer it?
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MD, sorry you hit a snag. I can understand the sentimentality of the first, but as much as that means to you, I think the uncomfortable fit wouuld come to mean more, if you get my drift. I would just order a new one and be comfy with it. You will eventually come to love it too. And besides, it really IS the thought (behind it) that counts.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Ellen. He ordered a three prong bracelet and the new one would be basically what he picked out except the correct length. Don''t let that spoil your fun! You need the bracelet to be the right size!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 9:38:19 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I agree with Ellen. He ordered a three prong bracelet and the new one would be basically what he picked out except the correct length. Don''t let that spoil your fun! You need the bracelet to be the right size!

ditto!! if you kept the uncomfortable one, it would eventually spend more time in your jewelery box than on your wrist and what a waste that would be. Get the right size just like it and it will be a win/win!!

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
Well folks, here is the latest - WF is going to take the stones from the original, shorter three-prong and reset them into the longer, new three-prong (with some new stones to make it longer.) So, I will at least get the same diamonds so that's good.
1.gif
I am a little unhappy that they won't let me purchase an extra .25 length of links (no diamonds) to keep on hand if I decide I want/need a 7.25 vs. a 7.00 length. I don't really understand that decision but I'm not sure what I can do about it at this point. They said it will take about two more weeks to get the next (and hopefully final!) bracelet. Ugh! My wrist is naked!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 4:14:08 PM
Well folks, here is the latest - WF is going to take the stones from the original, shorter three-prong and reset them into the longer, new three-prong (with some new stones to make it longer.) So, I will at least get the same diamonds so that''s good.
1.gif
I am a little unhappy that they won''t let me purchase an extra .25 length of links (no diamonds) to keep on hand if I decide I want/need a 7.25 vs. a 7.00 length. I don''t really understand that decision but I''m not sure what I can do about it at this point. They said it will take about two more weeks to get the next (and hopefully final!) bracelet. Ugh! My wrist is naked!!!
I am glad you will be able to keep the original diamonds. It is odd WF won''t sell you extra empty links in case you need to make it longer later and they have changed styles again. I hope they are not charging you to increase the length to 7", since it sounds like it should have been 7" to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results