shape
carat
color
clarity

Wrong Whiteflash bracelet....now what do I do??? :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY, I''m so glad everything went well and you will get the bracelet of your dreams. I can''t wait to see the pics of your new beauty!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
The best part...is you get to wear TWO bracelets! Hope someone got to see the first one and then you wil get to show them your new bracelet. They will say he got you another one?...and you can say..YES YES he did! Isn''t he the best!!!
31.gif
§

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like all is going to be well. He wants you to be happy, which of course, is why he bought you the bracelet to begin with. And, you are getting what you want.

Looking forward to pictures!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest going the honest route, and I am so glad to hear that there is a happy ending to this story with no hurt feelings. Please come back and show us your gorgeous bracelet(s)!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/26/2007 10:18:23 AM
Author: MonkeyDog
Thank you all soooo much for the comments and advice. :)

Ok...the run down. He gave it to me on Christmas Eve before we made the rounds. And, truly, it is spectacular. Anyone wanting a bracelet like this should put Whiteflash at the top of their list! It didn''t take a bit of work to gush over that bracelet, let me tell you! I went with the ''this isn''t the two carat one, is it??? It is *huge*!!! Extravagant!!! Spectacular!!! (All of which were true!) Then as the evening went on I worked in about the prongs. Hmm...A few of these feel rough, don''t they? (They didn''t.) Oops! Did that catch on something??? (Well, no it didn''t, lol, but he didn''t know that.)
31.gif

Annnywaaaay....we talked about it a few times and he told me that the reason he got the three-prong is because WF couldn''t gaurantee delivery by Christmas for the half-bezel bracelet, lol! Perhaps it was out of stock at WF? Sooo, whether true or whether he was telling a little white Christmas lie to save face, IDK, but I don''t care either, lol. The bottom line is that he wants me to get the one ''that won''t catch on anything'' and that ''I won''t lose a diamond out of.'' I think it also helps that he hadn''t invested a lot of energy and emotion into picking this out for me - he knew what I wanted and where to get it from - so he wasn''t crushed that I might want to change it.

I also pointed out to him that he actually gets to give me *two* killer bracelets this Christmas...ok, one is going back, but he still gets the joy of giving twice and I still get the thrill of opening up a new one all over again! Yaaay!!!
9.gif

Thank you all again for taking the time to respond and for offering such great advice!
Yay!!!! Good job MonkeyDog and Mr. MonkeyDog! Now see, you''ve both got what you want: You are happy, MD, and Mr. MD is happy as well. Can''t wait to see pics of said wonderful bracelet...!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
Oh, I will post pictures.
9.gif

My dilemma now? It is going to be tough to "downsize" to smaller diamonds in the bezel-set! I keep telling myself to close the WF box and stop looking at that bracelet since the longer I look, the more I am adjusting to the diamond size. I spoke to WF this morning to request a picture of the 3.50 ct half-bezel on the wrist. No luck, though, as they are all sold out. (And they told me that my husband *was* trying to get me the half-bezel, in platinum, to begin with. Aww. He did try to get the one I wanted.
30.gif
)

There are 43 diamonds in the three-prong, .09 ct, 2.8 mm each. There are 60 diamonds in the half-bezel, .05 ct, 1.9 mm each. Eek! Big size difference!

I have decided to brave the mall today to pop into jewelry stores to see if I can check out a half-bezel in the same total carat weight and diamond size. I need to keep reminding myself that I wanted something thin and more casual, lol.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be tough going down in size. I have a prong mounted bracelet (2 ct.) and have never had any problems with it. But I know you have your heart set on the other style. I hope you find something close in size at the mall today.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I agree the size thing would be a toughie. But in this case, I think it may be in paper only. Why? There have been so many posts on bezel sets that are amazing much larger than their counter part prong set. Many psers are advising the fellas in gift purchases such as earring or necklaces to go bezel and make there affordable smaller stone look larger. It is remarkable how it really does its job.

If I were in your shoes...my mind would be having a problem with the fact hubby was willing and did spent the more jack...because darn it...he thought (I) you are worth it. And if I exchange it...some how my value would be less than it was while basking in the glory of his gift!

On paper and in your checkbook it will be smaller stones...but I really think wearing it...it will look the same to you! Maybe even larger! (table aside of course). Can the cut of the diamond be chosen at a better cut so the light show will be more impressive? (forgive me I don''t recall the specs on the stones of the original gift...)

I know you feel this way anyway...but what a lover he was to get the larger on because they were out of the chosen one!!
13.gif
Hope you can find a model today to help with your decision!!§

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
Well folks, I had zero luck at the mall. Five jewelry stores and only one was kind of a half-bezel style in 3 carat. Ugh. It is getting down to crunch time here and I still don''t know what to do. I desperately want to see a wrist shot of the 3.5 tcw in the half-bezel setting. I may make a new post asking if anyone has this or has a picture of it stashed in the recesses of their computer that they could pull up for me. I found one image, in YG, but the setting seems a little different than the one I am looking at.

door knob solitaire - the stones are WFs "A Cut Above" in both of the bracelets so I wouldn''t be able to go up from there. (They are gorgeous!)

I have to remember that I wanted this bracelet to wear next to a watch so I also need to consider how both look in that instance. IDK...maybe the semi-bezel would get scratched next to the SS watch? Ugh. I gotta make up my mind since I only have until tomorrow to request a return authorization.
32.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a half bezel set in YG, but mine is 2ctw....sorry!

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
Hmmm. Any pictures of that bracelet on your wrist, Diamond*Dana???

I have requested a return authorization from WF and I will have to send it back on Monday. I'm hoping they can round up an old wrist shot pic of one of the half-bezel bracelets. If I can see a pic of it on the wrist, who knows, I may just want to keep the three-prong one that I have. I must say that I loooove the look of it on the wrist...it's just those pesky prongs that I have trouble with. The bottom line is, I'm either keeping this one or getting the other one from WF. I just want to be done with this so I can wear my new bracelet!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MonkeyDog, I am wondering if they would let you charge the new bracelet and not return the current one until you can try them both on. Then return the one you don''t want within 10 days. I do think the bezel one with smaller stones is more practical, but are you getting platinum? I think it will show more scratches than 18k wg.

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
That is a good suggestion diamondseeker - the only problem is that WF doesn''t have the 3.5 half-bezel in stock at the moment. I was told it won''t take long to get it in (or set the diamonds, I forget which) but I was under the impression it would be at least a week to get the other one. Since today is the tenth day of the ten day inspection period I think they may not want me to keep the three-prong for so long. I really do wish WF had added a bit more turnaround time for Christmas gifts!

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
I just thought I would update my thread....I received the 3.5 ctw half-bezel bracelet only a few days ago. (I had no idea returning something "registered mail" took so long!)

I have to say that it is beautiful as well as the original 4.0 ctw three prong bracelet. My impressions are the following: You don''t notice the metal much at all on the half-bezel, it''s just that on the three-prong *all* you see are diamonds. This one the metal and stones just kind of meld together, not at all like the pics where the difference between metal and stone seems much more pronounced. It is also *much* smoother and silkier than the three-prong - longer too, although I believe both are supposed to be 7 inches. I wouldn''t need to have any length added to this one whereas the three-prong needed some breathing room added to it. All that being said...I am still deciding which to keep. :) The half-bezel is more comfortable next to the skin while the three-prong seemed to "catch" a tad on clothing and be a bit....oh...IDK...not uncomfortable, just not as smooth-feeling on the wrist. However, while the half-bezel is beautiful, the three-prong was breathtaking - larger diamonds with more flash to them. I also loved the scalloped-edge effect that the three-prong had whereas the half-bezel is more like a straight line.

I''m think, think, thinking that mayyyyybe I could keep the three-prong and maybe later this year for my birthday or even next year I could have it reset in half-bezels if I really wanted to...I just hate to pass on something that was soooo spectacular, in lieu of something still very beautiful but a bit more "practical" for my life.

Anyway, a nice decision to have to make.
1.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah! No comparison pics for us? I'm dying here.
6.gif
It would be wonderful indeed to have both to keep. That would be ideal. I just really wanted to see wrist pics of both to see the differences. I guess from all you say, the best thing might be to be able to have the half-bezel setting with larger diamonds? Well, that is if one wants to just put on the bracelet for everyday wear and tear.

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
LOL, lyra....You know, I just didn''t feel right about taking pics and posting them when I wasn''t sure I was going to keep the first one. Kind of weird I guess now that I think about it. I may be able to pull a few shots of the three prong off of my camcorder. I will try to take a few stills tonight of the bezel one so others can get an idea of the 3.5 on the wrist since I wasn''t able to see that before we ordered it.

I do want this bracelet for everyday wear...kind of like only take it off when I shower so it probably does make more sense to keep the half-bezel. Just something about the flashes and line of the three-prong though. Sweet. I told my husband that it was so beautiful and perfect that it almost looked "fake" lol...and I mean that only in the best way possible.
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Two nice choices! Please post those pictures for us. I would love to see wrist shots of both.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t even consider keeping one with the idea of resetting it later. You''ll lose a lot of money that way. I think the diamonds might scratch the watch in the 3 prong, whereas you have metal against metal with the bezel set.

My real inclination is to say get the bezel-set for everyday, and later get a three or 4 prong-set one for other occasions.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh monkeydog...you are making my head hurt!
23.gif
You are a fickle one!
2.gif
We were all so anguished over your plight...and now it seems as if you hubby made exactly the right choice afterall? Too funny. Woo hoo to him! Woo Hoo mr. monkey doggie! It is ok with me if you kick mrs. monkey doggie
11.gif
in the tushie, but gently.
9.gif

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
Aw, don''t be tooo hard on me DKS! I originally wanted a very thin bracelet to go next to my watch...it''s my husband''s fault for getting all extravagant on my butt!!! I''d not seen the half-bezel in person! It''s beautiful and very comfortable but I just don''t know.
7.gif
I can''t tell for sure if the three-prong was a little uncomfortable because it needed to be longer for my wrist or if it''s just not that comfortable, overall. IDK. It''s a big purchase because I''ll not be getting another line bracelet...well, unless I win the lottery or something...who knows, maybe ten years down the road maybe I will, lol, but not much sooner than that.

I think the three-prong diamonds just stood out so clearly and with the half-bezel you have to look for them a bit more. More shine from the metal bezels though - just not as much dazzle from the stones. And Diamond Seeker - I have decided against wearing the bracelet next to my watch. I will wear it alone on my right hand.

I guess I have to decide between being wowed but maybe a bit uncomfortable or worrying about catching on clothes with the three-prong versus liking the half-bezel but being more comfortable with it. Gotta decide by tomorrow though.
8.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MD, my trusted saying is: When in doubt, don''t. You sound uncertain about both. Have you considered a 4 prong line bracelet? Perhaps that wouldn''t catch on things as much as the 3 prong. I have no idea whether that is true, but I love my 4 rpong setting and would not feel as comfortable with 3 prongs, personally. Plus I just like an even number of prongs. If I ever get martini earrings, I''ll have them made with 4 prongs, too. And if you''re not going to wear it with the watch, I''d probably prefer a prong-set bracelet over the bezel.

Good luck on the decision!

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
That's funny DS2006 because that's something I believe in also - when in doubt, do nothing. Except this time I have to pick *something.* Too many times I have let the moment pass me by because I couldn't decide but that's not going to happen with this one. I don't want my husband figuring out something better to do with my bracelet money, lol. :)

I think this would have been resolved if I just had them both in front of me at the same time. I should have called WF and asked them to send me the other right away so my inspection period times overlapped. I just thought I would for sure like the half-bezel better but now that I have it I'm not so sure.

ETA: re the four-prong....I am a very "symmetrical" kind of person so it would seem that the four-prong should appeal to me more - I don't like things "off-balance" like two prongs on one side and one on the other. However, what I like best about the three-prong is that you end up seeing the curve of the round stone more than on the half-bezel, and more than on the four-prong. The four-prongs (that I've seen in person anyway) all give more of a square effect to my eye, not the rounded look that I want. Does that make sense, lol?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MonkeyDog, I have the three prong 3 ctw. bracelet from Whiteflash. I just wanted to tell you that mine never catches on anything. And I agree I like the look of it better than the four prongs I''ve seen. They do seem to have more of a square look that I don''t prefer. Good luck with your decision.

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
Thanks Cind11. Do you find that your bracelet is uncomfortable at all on the wrist? Do you wear it with casual clothes, or just dressier outfits? I work from home and am pretty much a jeans and tshirt or turtle neck kind of person. Either that or workout clothes, so I'm wondering if others think it's too dressy for everyday wear....IDK why but the prong-set seems more dressy to me than the bezel-set.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a hard decision. I have a line bracelet with 3 prongs and don''t trouble with it catching on things and I find it comfortable. It''s only 2 carats though. I have a 1 carat bezel set bracelet and while it''s smoother and classy looking the other bracelet sure sparkles more. I love them both though which I know doesn''t help you a bit but I think you''ll be happy with either one of them. Good luck making your decision.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2008 12:00:09 AM
Author: MonkeyDog
Thanks Cind11. Do you find that your bracelet is uncomfortable at all on the wrist? Do you wear it with casual clothes, or just dressier outfits? I work from home and am pretty much a jeans and tshirt or turtle neck kind of person. Either that or workout clothes, so I''m wondering if others think it''s too dressy for everyday wear....IDK why but the prong-set seems more dressy to me than the bezel-set.
I don''t find it uncomfortable at all. When I have it on, I really don''t even notice that I''m wearing it. I wear mine with everything-jeans to a "dressy" dress.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you decide yet?
4.gif

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
Weeeeellllllllll I did indeed decide. And the winner is......drumroll, please.........the four carat three-prong.
21.gif
IDK, there was just something about it. I liked the look of it on my wrist more - the scalloped look to the edge of it verses the almost straight line look of the half-bezel. The only thing I''m not sure about now is how much length I need to have added to the three-prong. I thought all of the WF bracelets were 7-inch but when I measured it was just 6.75-inch versus the 7.00-inch of the half-bezel. I need to decide how much to add and get a price on it. Oh, and WF told me they set aside the very bracelet that I returned so I will get the same one back that my husband originally gave to me on Christmas. (Ok, that might not be true, but that''s what they''re telling me so I will trust them and treat it as it being the very one he gave me.)

Brace yourself....I am also thinking... just a bit.... to drop down to the three carat instead of the four carat.
32.gif
I''m thinking that the three carat might be more suitable for casual, everyday wear. Then again, my Momma didn''t raise no fool and I know I''m not going to be getting another one of these any time soon so I will most likely just grab the larger carat weight while I can.
31.gif
Anyone have thoughts on that, LOL?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
This is great Monkeydog! I''m happy that you made a decision that you are happy with!!

I vote for the 4 ct! Your husband gave it to you and you love it! It is great that you are going to be getting yours back.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I would say stick with the 4ct too. You made your 3-prong decision based on that one being *stunning* so I wouldn''t change it now, you might be disappointed you did.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results