shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow - EXTREMELY rude ebay seller!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 1:43:06 PM
Author: Wink

Date: 12/17/2009 11:43:28 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

<SNIP>

items and lowered the feedback and number requirements to receive full buyer insurance on a particular seller and items.
Usually with good feedback on the seller anything under $2000 is fully insured by paypal these days.

When you file a claim Paypal must take all of them seriously as it affects their insurance and they work quite efficiently at this.

What this means is most transactions are 100% insured and the claims process with Paypal is far better than with ebay.
Also it forces Seller to act more responsibly as now a more impartial judge is involved and would examine the transaction.
Questions on ebay and responses can be used in claim disputes especially in the case of Not as Described refund requests.

I have had to file two claims with Paypal and in both cases my claim was item not as described, and the honus was on the seller to prove otherwise. If the seller cannot or does not respond in a timely manner, than I am refunded the full amount to my account upon proof of shipment of the item back to the seller. If the seller doesn''t respond or does not fight the claim then the consumer also wins by default. Because now its Paypal and their insurance acting on your behalf against a seller the safety of ebay has increased dramatically.

Ebay is a low cost alternative for a bargain on lower priced items and can sometimes work out, PearlLunar is an example of a ebay seller often recommended on Pricescope as they sell pearls directly from China at decent price/quality ratios.

This is good to hear. It is high time that they started protecting their client base.

The other side of course, is that I constantly hear from vendors that they are unfairly treated by PayPal in even eggregious claims against them. It is an imperfect world, this Internet we all love so much. Ebay is not for me, I am too much a dinosaur, I still like to talk with people.

Wink
I think you will find new and old, reputable PS vendors don''t want to use ebay either as the prices and type of clients you would be dealing with on fleabay would not value your time as much as the PS and higher end crowd do. I love working with artists like Richard Homer, Ocean Pearlman and great vendors like GOG, ERD and WF and I wouldn''t want any of you to change your model.
2.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 9:14:48 AM

Date: 12/16/2009 4:58:03 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I am in the process of looking for 6 .18 - .20 old mine cut diamonds to repair one of my great grandmothers rings. That being said I made an inquiry to this particular seller regarding an item that possibly could fit the critera that I am looking for.

The response was quite pleasant and the seller actually answered the question at hand. Unfortunatley, it is a modern cut so it won''t work for my project.

That doesn''t mean the response justginger recieved was warrented however I did not recieve the same type of response.

Have a great day. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Try OldWorldDiamonds.com.
That is a presumptuous recomendation. Sometimes suggestions are better posed as questions, such as, "Have you tried...". This gives the person an opportunity to willingly engage in conversation without being offended.

I''m an open minded person but I have a very low tollerance for people that state their opinion and their theory as fact which is how your posts continually come across to me. Personally, if people have a negative experience with a vendor they should be allowed to post it here without fear of being attacked by a fellow member. That kind of deamnor only results in defensiveness. There is not only one solution to every problem. Just something to consider. Debating the policies of ebay and paypal are pointless in my opinion because to your theories there are countless examples that prove otherwise. While I have my own experiences, so do others which is the reason that I will not argue my experience is the only way.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
What a jerk. Your questions are not bizarre at all. Why did she have to be so sarcastic about them?

Thanks for letting me know who she is so I will not deal with that rude seller.

Can you leave a feedback eventhough you are not buying from her? If not, can you report this person to Ebay?

Sorry, I just got mad myself reading her obnoxious email.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 5:14:18 PM

I am in the process of looking for 6 .18 - .20 old mine cut diamonds to repair one of my great grandmothers rings. That being said I made an inquiry to this particular seller regarding an item that possibly could fit the critera that I am looking for.

The response was quite pleasant and the seller actually answered the question at hand. Unfortunatley, it is a modern cut so it won't work for my project.

That doesn't mean the response justginger recieved was warrented however I did not recieve the same type of response.

That is a presumptuous recomendation. Sometimes suggestions are better posed as questions, such as, 'Have you tried...'. This gives the person an opportunity to willingly engage in conversation without being offended.

I'm an open minded person but I have a very low tollerance for people that state their opinion and their theory as fact which is how your posts continually come across to me. Personally, if people have a negative experience with a vendor they should be allowed to post it here without fear of being attacked by a fellow member. That kind of deamnor only results in defensiveness. There is not only one solution to every problem. Just something to consider. Debating the policies of ebay and paypal are pointless in my opinion because to your theories there are countless examples that prove otherwise. While I have my own experiences, so do others which is the reason that I will not argue my experience is the only way.
Just so you understand the english language:

Try:

tried (trd), try·ing, tries (trz)
v.tr.
1. To make an effort to do or accomplish (something); attempt: tried to ski.
2. To taste, sample, or otherwise test in order to determine strength, effect, worth, or desirability: Try this casserole. Try the door.
3. Law
a. To examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process.
b. To put (an accused person) on trial.
4. To subject to great strain or hardship; tax: The last steep ascent tried my every muscle.
5. To melt (lard, for example) to separate out impurities; render.
6. To smooth, fit, or align accurately.

Just to clarifty the post to you was nothing more than an effort to point out Adam at OldWorldDiamonds sells small sized OECs in the range you were looking for.

Does he have a well presented website and specialize in old cut diamonds? Yes
Have we bought from him? Yes. Pair of 0.6 Cttw OECs (~0.3 Ct Each)
Were we happy with the cut? Yes
Was it a Good Price? Yes my FI thinks so, $600 for 0.6cttw G/H VS 14k WG 4 prong studs including the diamonds.
Was his service Excellent? Yes he answered all of my questions, sent me pictures of the diamonds by internet and was immediately available when I called three times. He got them shipped to us within an hour and took care of international shipping for free and we didn't have to pay brokerage.
Were they received in time? They came 2 days later in time for my FI's birthday.

If you have a problem with him please spell it out instead of yet another rant about how I state my opinion as fact.
If you had a bad experience you can educate me and the rest of PS about it instead of getting offended. I have backed up my opinion quite clearly here its now your turn to do the same.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 7:32:49 PM

The response was quite pleasant and the seller actually answered the question at hand. Unfortunatley, it is a modern cut so it won''t work for my project.

That doesn''t mean the response justginger recieved was warrented however I did not recieve the same type of response.

That is a presumptuous recomendation. Sometimes suggestions are better posed as questions, such as, ''Have you tried...''. This gives the person an opportunity to willingly engage in conversation without being offended.

I''m an open minded person but I have a very low tollerance for people that state their opinion and their theory as fact which is how your posts continually come across to me. Personally, if people have a negative experience with a vendor they should be allowed to post it here without fear of being attacked by a fellow member. That kind of deamnor only results in defensiveness. There is not only one solution to every problem. Just something to consider. Debating the policies of ebay and paypal are pointless in my opinion because to your theories there are countless examples that prove otherwise. While I have my own experiences, so do others which is the reason that I will not argue my experience is the only way.

Try:

v.tr.
2. To taste, sample, or otherwise test in order to determine strength, effect, worth, or desirability: Try this casserole. Try the door.
3. Law
4. To subject to great strain or hardship; tax: The last steep ascent tried my every muscle.

Do you have a problem with the english language? Just to clarifty the post to you was nothing more than an effort to point out Adam at OldWorldDiamonds sells small sized OECs in the range you were looking for. If you have a problem with him why don''t you spell it out instead of yet another rant about how I state my opinions as facts.
I clearly understand your suggestion however what you are missing is that I didn''t ask you for it. If I had wanted it, I would have started my own thread asking for help and suggestions. By pointing it out you assumed that I did not already know about this vendor or pressumed that I did not already contact them. I have no problem with the vendor and I think its evident what I do have a problem with.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 8:06:42 PM

Date: 12/17/2009 7:32:49 PM

The response was quite pleasant and the seller actually answered the question at hand. Unfortunatley, it is a modern cut so it won't work for my project.

That doesn't mean the response justginger recieved was warrented however I did not recieve the same type of response.

That is a presumptuous recomendation. Sometimes suggestions are better posed as questions, such as, 'Have you tried...'. This gives the person an opportunity to willingly engage in conversation without being offended.

I'm an open minded person but I have a very low tollerance for people that state their opinion and their theory as fact which is how your posts continually come across to me. Personally, if people have a negative experience with a vendor they should be allowed to post it here without fear of being attacked by a fellow member. That kind of deamnor only results in defensiveness. There is not only one solution to every problem. Just something to consider. Debating the policies of ebay and paypal are pointless in my opinion because to your theories there are countless examples that prove otherwise. While I have my own experiences, so do others which is the reason that I will not argue my experience is the only way.

Try:

v.tr.
3. Law

Do you have a problem with the english language? Just to clarifty the post to you was nothing more than an effort to point out Adam at OldWorldDiamonds sells small sized OECs in the range you were looking for. If you have a problem with him why don't you spell it out instead of yet another rant about how I state my opinions as facts.
I clearly understand your suggestion however what you are missing is that I didn't ask you for it. If I had wanted it, I would have started my own thread asking for help and suggestions. By pointing it out you assumed that I did not already know about this vendor or pressumed that I did not already contact them. I have no problem with the vendor and I think its evident what I do have a problem with.

Well lets just see what you wrote in this thread!

"I am in the process of looking for 6 .18 - .20 old mine cut diamonds to repair one of my great grandmothers rings. That being said I made an inquiry to this particular seller regarding an item that possibly could fit the critera that I am looking for. "

Its quite ironic that in a thread complaning about rudeness, you just made just about the most rude comment and unecessary personal attack as I have encountered on this board. Your logic for the rant above is that I was supposed to know you are aware of this vendor and its demeaning to you to even try to be helpful?

1) You were offended when I directly quoted word for word Mark at ERD's comments about lack of quality control and consistency in Tacori rings and haven't forgotten it from 4 months ago!
2) You were once again offended when I paraphrased Mark at ERD and Jon at GOG about cushion cut diamonds.
3) You threadjacked someone's thread to ask for pictures of my Fiance's ring and when I replied didn't have the courtesy to even respond.

With the exception of RD you are one of the most difficult to understand and confrontational posters I have encountered on PS. Will you ever let it go or should I expect a new rant about me giving my opinion as fact and how you dislike my posting style every couple of weeks?

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Please stay on topic.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
"I do not need a zero feedback person telling me how to run my business. You think you know something but your idiotic response shows otherwise. If a stone is SI1 it means slightly included genius which means you can not see inclusions without the aid of magnifacation. The only thing that was lost here was my valuble time answering a question to someone who thinks they are going to outsmart everyone. You are a time waster not a customer.If this is your five year track record on ebay20 feedbacks then you better stick to garage sales and goodwill that is where you need to shop.You have been blocked from our site do not contact us again for any reason."

No excuse. Absolutely no excuse for this. I don't care if it's big business or small business; I don't care if they sell cheap items or expensive ones; I don't care if they have 100% positive feedback; I don't care if the person answering emails is stupid or deranged; I don't care if the seller suffered from PMS or a bad case of hangover on that day; she acted like an a$$ and she deserves to be exposed here on PS for that.

And actually CCL, I don't feel particularly proud of myself for just stating the obvious.
40.gif

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
WOW....there''s unfortunately a lot of people out in the world today that have no sense of respect or manners...I''m sorry you had to deal with such a horrific individual on ebay. I just may email this seller to get arise out of her now ;-) Imagine if she treats a customer like this....how does she treat her family/friends...or probabley lack thereof friends/fmaily...who would want to even assossiate with someone like that!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Manners cost nothing.

The Ebay seller was actually extremely personal in his/her attack and that is never considered good practice - it doesn''t matter what business you''re in.

cristinajanusz

Rough_Rock
I''ve had my fair share of experiences like this and its usually because that person is just a little nutty. Sane enough to do business, nutty enough to make you angry. Its good to hear about this incident because you were not able to leave feedback for all to see since you didn''t buy anything. And I think sometimes Ebay doesn''t do much good in disputes. certainly like this one.

But I wanted to put my 2 cents in about bad Ebay sellers! Ebay can be a wonderful place, especially when you see a diamond for a thousand + dollars cheaper than the store you just went to and everything works out perfectly. But I must say that I IN FACT HAVE encountered the restocking strongarmers! People who tell you a diamond is one thing and it turns out to be way worse, so you try to send it back and they charge you a restocking fee. The process of leaving negative feedback and then getting the correct total of your money back is too much. And, although it wasn''t jewelry I was buying, a 2 week period I made 2 purchases and both (different) sellers turned out to be completely fake and I never got my item. Although Ebay and Paypal protect you, I still haven''t received my refund for one transaction and its been over a month, and they refunded my money from the second one to a different paypal address!!

One last thing is that most times someone will leave positive feedback as soon as they get the diamond or whatever they bought without fully inspecting it. Not everyone gets their diamond appraised before leaving feedback, and that doesn''t help the next buyer out. That might be why the seller had such high feedback.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ve purchased a number of high dollar items over the years as well.

Wink is spot on questioning the feedback of some of the bad sellers..
I don''t have the time to figure out how some of these horrible sellers accumulate thousands of feedbacks.
But I have little doubt here are ways to "game the system"
I''ve found that when a seller has 98% feedback, it''s often a huge red flag.
eBay has improved these aspects over the years.
Still, I would never buy any high dollar item on eBay without speaking to the seller on the phone.

I am glad that Paypal has worked for you CCL.
I find it to be a horrible company as a consumer, as well as a merchant.
Ever try to find a telephone number for Paypal?
Just finding the telephone number can take a while.
To me, it''s totally out of line that a company like that has so little customer service.

When paying a merchant directly with a credit card, the consumer is in a far better position IMO.
I know how to get in touch with Amex, or Citibank.

If you want to be successful selling on eBay, or anywhere else, you need to have a lot of patience. You need to respond earnestly to every question. What might seem like a silly question to one person, may only indicate that person is not truly listening to the question.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 4:14:04 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
I''ve purchased a number of high dollar items over the years as well.

Wink is spot on questioning the feedback of some of the bad sellers..
I don''t have the time to figure out how some of these horrible sellers accumulate thousands of feedbacks.
But I have little doubt here are ways to ''game the system''
I''ve found that when a seller has 98% feedback, it''s often a huge red flag.
eBay has improved these aspects over the years.
Still, I would never buy any high dollar item on eBay without speaking to the seller on the phone.

I am glad that Paypal has worked for you CCL.
I find it to be a horrible company as a consumer, as well as a merchant.
Ever try to find a telephone number for Paypal?
Just finding the telephone number can take a while.
To me, it''s totally out of line that a company like that has so little customer service.

When paying a merchant directly with a credit card, the consumer is in a far better position IMO.
I know how to get in touch with Amex, or Citibank.

If you want to be successful selling on eBay, or anywhere else, you need to have a lot of patience. You need to respond earnestly to every question. What might seem like a silly question to one person, may only indicate that person is not truly listening to the question.
98% positive feedback red flag, I''d like to learn more about how high volume sellers can game the system.

Interesting feedback, you can chargeback a Paypal transaction on your credit card as well, but I suspect that will get you banned from using paypal afterwards but I guess that option is still there.

I had one transaction where the seller cashed out the money and I never got my money back even though paypal ruled in my favour so it does happen.
Not a perfect system by any means. .

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 2:05:02 PM
Author: cristinajanusz
I''ve had my fair share of experiences like this and its usually because that person is just a little nutty. Sane enough to do business, nutty enough to make you angry. Its good to hear about this incident because you were not able to leave feedback for all to see since you didn''t buy anything. And I think sometimes Ebay doesn''t do much good in disputes. certainly like this one.

But I wanted to put my 2 cents in about bad Ebay sellers! Ebay can be a wonderful place, especially when you see a diamond for a thousand + dollars cheaper than the store you just went to and everything works out perfectly. But I must say that I IN FACT HAVE encountered the restocking strongarmers! People who tell you a diamond is one thing and it turns out to be way worse, so you try to send it back and they charge you a restocking fee. The process of leaving negative feedback and then getting the correct total of your money back is too much. And, although it wasn''t jewelry I was buying, a 2 week period I made 2 purchases and both (different) sellers turned out to be completely fake and I never got my item. Although Ebay and Paypal protect you, I still haven''t received my refund for one transaction and its been over a month, and they refunded my money from the second one to a different paypal address!!

One last thing is that most times someone will leave positive feedback as soon as they get the diamond or whatever they bought without fully inspecting it. Not everyone gets their diamond appraised before leaving feedback, and that doesn''t help the next buyer out. That might be why the seller had such high feedback.
This is great info. Did you pay with paypal? Did they strongarm you by saying if you don''t leave positive feedback we won''t give you your refund or all of it?
I''m very interested to hear how they can pull off that feedback game.

cristinajanusz

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 4:43:08 PM

This is great info. Did you pay with paypal? Did they strongarm you by saying if you don''t leave positive feedback we won''t give you your refund or all of it?
I always pay with PayPal and I don''t think they let you pay in other ways anymore. What happened was I bought a book and a DVD from two different sellers, one from the U.S. and one from Hong Kong. They had 98% or better feedback because I don''t trust any lower than that (and I''ve also had people w/ 0% never pay for an item they won from me). I waited 3 weeks and never got my stuff and never received word from the sellers so filed two disputes. Ebay waited about 5 days + to hear from the seller, froze both their accounts, and within a week more told me I''d receive all my money plus Ebay bucks certificates. Half a week later, nothing happened. My fiancee came home and said "Ebay refunded me money for something I didn''t buy" and we figured out it was supposed to go to me (my Ebay account - his paypal was used to pay for the book). I STILL haven''t received my refund from the DVD. Who knows where that went. I think most bad transactions happen with foreigners.
BTW, EBay and PayPal''s #s truly are impossible to locate online and you can only call Ebay within a 1 hour time frame with a code to give them.
The restocking strongarmers is a different story. While shopping for my fiancee''s ring we talked with several Ebay sellers. One claimed a ring was F/VVS1 and their restocking fee was 25%, incredibly high. We knew from his one negative feedback that he could be lying (the reviewer said a VS1 was actually an SI1) and knew we would most likely have to return it no matter how much we liked the appearance of the ring. The seller didn''t speak/type English very well, said he''d forget about the restocking fee when I questioned him about the clarity of the diamonds, then told me nevermind the restocking fee was still there. There have been multiple occassions like this.
My very own engagement ring I bought thinking it was an F/VVS2 and it is actually G/VS2. I paid just under $1000 thinking I was getting the first version and when I wanted to return it there was a restocking fee and she said I had no grounds to return it because "clarity and color are an opinion of the appraiser, different to everyone." At that point I was very very new to diamond hunting and kept my mouth shut.
Sorry for rambling. But I''d also like to say I''ve only had 5 or so unpleasant Ebay dealings. Over 200 more have been 100% awesome! I still love Ebay so much. I haven''t paid for something overpriced in a store for several years because of Ebay.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 10:53:48 PM

Date: 12/18/2009 4:43:08 PM

I always pay with PayPal and I don''t think they let you pay in other ways anymore. What happened was I bought a book and a DVD from two different sellers, one from the U.S. and one from Hong Kong. They had 98% or better feedback because I don''t trust any lower than that (and I''ve also had people w/ 0% never pay for an item they won from me). I waited 3 weeks and never got my stuff and never received word from the sellers so filed two disputes. Ebay waited about 5 days + to hear from the seller, froze both their accounts, and within a week more told me I''d receive all my money plus Ebay bucks certificates. Half a week later, nothing happened. My fiancee came home and said ''Ebay refunded me money for something I didn''t buy'' and we figured out it was supposed to go to me (my Ebay account - his paypal was used to pay for the book). I STILL haven''t received my refund from the DVD. Who knows where that went. I think most bad transactions happen with foreigners.
BTW, EBay and PayPal''s #s truly are impossible to locate online and you can only call Ebay within a 1 hour time frame with a code to give them.
The restocking strongarmers is a different story. While shopping for my fiancee''s ring we talked with several Ebay sellers. One claimed a ring was F/VVS1 and their restocking fee was 25%, incredibly high. We knew from his one negative feedback that he could be lying (the reviewer said a VS1 was actually an SI1) and knew we would most likely have to return it no matter how much we liked the appearance of the ring. The seller didn''t speak/type English very well, said he''d forget about the restocking fee when I questioned him about the clarity of the diamonds, then told me nevermind the restocking fee was still there. There have been multiple occassions like this.
My very own engagement ring I bought thinking it was an F/VVS2 and it is actually G/VS2. I paid just under $1000 thinking I was getting the first version and when I wanted to return it there was a restocking fee and she said I had no grounds to return it because ''clarity and color are an opinion of the appraiser, different to everyone.'' At that point I was very very new to diamond hunting and kept my mouth shut.
Sorry for rambling. But I''d also like to say I''ve only had 5 or so unpleasant Ebay dealings. Over 200 more have been 100% awesome! I still love Ebay so much. I haven''t paid for something overpriced in a store for several years because of Ebay.
You still didn''t answer about who strongarmed you about leaving positive feedback and how they did it and with what leverage considering you paid with paypal.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 9:28:04 PM
Author: small_paws
I agree I think that was very rude. I would report her to ebay, send them your whole conversation so they can see it. Someone with those social skills does not need to be selling anything.
38.gif
DITTO!!!!
29.gif

Lori

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the threadjack, but it may not be a threadjack.

I see posts overlapping and, No, I have not been drinking.
See the screen-capture pic below.

Does anyone else see this, or is it just my computer?

Picture 6lm.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 12:07:14 PM
Author: kenny
Sorry for the threadjack, but it may not be a threadjack.

I see posts overlapping and, No, I have not been drinking.

See the screen-capture pic below.

Does anyone else see this, or is it just my computer?

I see it too. Very strange...

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I thought my computer was going haywire. Glad to know it''s not just me!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good, so I'm not going crazy.

It happened on the post I took a pic of and the one above it.

I have never see this before, here or on any forum.
I'll report it to admin.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I see it too

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen it here fairly often.

If you want to read the messed-up posts, you can hit reply, then hit quote. That makes it legible on your screen. Just be careful not to hit post!

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Or you can just highlight the text with your mouse starting from the bottom moving up, and then you''ll be able to read it as long as you don''t highlight too far up
21.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what causes this apparently common problem?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 9:05:28 PM
It appears that PS doesn''t like it when one uses the quote feature too much. LOL! I''m not a computer expert though, it''s just my guess.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 9:25:36 PM

Date: 12/20/2009 9:05:28 PM
It appears that PS doesn''t like it when one uses the quote feature too much. LOL! I''m not a computer expert though, it''s just my guess.
I don''t have this issue my screen has been fine, but it looks like a bug with the forum code, probably pretty rare and not worthy worrying about unless it can be reproduced.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it was all of CCL''s jumbled thoughts we were seeing.
9.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 12:31:51 AM
I thought it was all of CCL''s jumbled thoughts we were seeing.
9.gif
really? I thought you were just asking questions....lol. I love that tag line btw.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results