shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow - EXTREMELY rude ebay seller!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking around to find a pair of diamond studs to buy myself for Christmas. Ideally, I''d like to spend $400 or less -- so I''ve been browsing preowned pieces. My budget is my budget, and nothing more. I would love to splurge and just get some ACAs, but as you all understand, sometimes there are other things that require funds more than diamonds.
39.gif
Sigh.

Anyway, I found a pair listed on ebay and decided to contact the seller about a couple of things. This is what I wrote to her:

Hello,

Just wondering if you could confirm that these stones are "eye clean" (as in, when viewing from head on there are no visible inclusion from a distance of ~8 inches)?

Additionally, your return policy includes a 15% restocking fee, unless the item is "grossly misrepresented." What difference in clarity/color would fall into that category?

Cheers :)

This is what I received in response:

I thank you for your interest,however I do not deal with 0 feedbacks. Everything you asked is answered in the description and in our return policy you should take the time to read these things and look at the persons feedback before you ask questions .

This is what I wrote back:

I have 20 feedbacks. I''ve been on Ebay for 5 yrs, but have not had a transaction since moving to Australia. Although it is not applicable to me, you should advertise your unwillingness to deal with 0 feeback bidders.

Furthermore, not only did you avoid the valid questions I asked, you were extremely rude. I read every word of the very little info you provided. There is NO mention of "eye cleanliness." Some SI diamonds are eye clean, some are not. I wanted to know if the inclusions in these stones were visible from a distance with which I am comfortable.

Using terms like "grossly" in regards to misrepresentation, without further clarification when questioned, suggests to me that you are leaving yourself an escape route out of a disputed transaction. How much lower would the color have to be in order for you to agree it was misrepresented? K? M? It''s cleverly subjective.

You''ve certainly lost a prospective customer in me - next time just answer legit questions and don''t be rude.

And the response I received this morning:

I do not need a zero feedback person telling me how to run my business. You think you know something but your idiotic response shows otherwise. If a stone is SI1 it means slightly included genius which means you can not see inclusions without the aid of magnifacation. The only thing that was lost here was my valuble time answering a question to someone who thinks they are going to outsmart everyone. You are a time waster not a customer.If this is your five year track record on ebay20 feedbacks then you better stick to garage sales and goodwill that is where you need to shop.You have been blocked from our site do not contact us again for any reason.
38.gif

I can''t believe this person has gotten to an ebay power seller status with this kind of vague return policy and attitude problem. I admit I flared up in my response, but honestly she was rude -- I was enquiring because I was interested. I was not trying to waste her time. And I *had* read every word on her listing/in her store.

Anyway, for those who would like to avoid ever making the mistake of enquiring about one of her auctions, her user ID is lynnestate.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm...wow. Unreal.

Good thing you didn''t bid or have to deal with them further!
38.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif

I don't think you flared up at all, and even if you did her responses certainly warranted it - your initial query was nothing but polite. Goodness! Thanks for letting us know who to avoid...
40.gif
38.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
ya at least, we can avoid it now.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow.
23.gif
The good news is that you’ve ruled out a seller that you definitely don’t want to be doing business with. It’s best to learn this kind of attitude problem up front while it’s still easy to escape without a ‘restocking fee’.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! How RUDE!!!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my- I'm so angry seeing what they wrote!
Stupidity personified.
So what if a person is new to eBay?
Does that give a seller a right to be so rude???
Sheesh!

It is true that when you sell on eBay you may get quesions that are "suspicious"- but justginger's letter was nothing of the sort.
Thank you for taking the time to put this out there for all to see.....

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a jerk.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually thought your response was actually quite civil and well written. To be honest, she sounds a little nutty to me. There was absolutely nothing wrong with your questions or response. Ugh, what an awful woman! Why in the world would she treat a potential customer so rudely? Makes no sense. Sorry you had to deal with this, and thanks for the heads-up.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Evil or mentally ill (no, seriously).

Can you report that to e-bay?

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! Is "Waster" even a word LOL!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/15/2009 6:51:54 PM
Author:justginger

If a stone is SI1 it means slightly included genius which means you can not see inclusions without the aid of magnifacation.

38.gif

WOW! Not only was she rude, but she is also gemologically stupid! Of course you can see some SI quality inclusions, just as there are some eye clean I1''s out there. I wish you better luck with your next attempt!

Wink

small_paws

Rough_Rock
I agree I think that was very rude. I would report her to ebay, send them your whole conversation so they can see it. Someone with those social skills does not need to be selling anything.
38.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:54:07 PM
Author: junebug17
I actually thought your response was actually quite civil and well written. To be honest, she sounds a little nutty to me. There was absolutely nothing wrong with your questions or response. Ugh, what an awful woman! Why in the world would she treat a potential customer so rudely? Makes no sense. Sorry you had to deal with this, and thanks for the heads-up.
I agree!

It''s better that you found out what type of person she was before you had to deal with her further. Can you imagine if you actually wanted to make a return?

Good luck on your stud hunt!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that''s unbelievably rude! Some sellers treat Ebay like it''s the wild west. Apparently she''s so well off she doesn''t need your $400 bucks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
magnifacation.

WOW! Not only was she rude, but she is also gemologically stupid! Of course you can see some SI quality inclusions, just as there are some eye clean I1''s out there. I wish you better luck with your next attempt!

Wink

Now, wait a minute, Wink. She may be rude and "gemologically stupid", but doesn''t the English language count for something? In a world where some people (like me) don''t bother with programs to check their spelling, shouldn''t she get some points for her deft handling of the mother tongue?

AGBF
34.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww. I'm so sorry you had to deal with such a seller! what a Jerk!!!! should we show her pricescope
31.gif
so she can learn a thing or two or twenty?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
That person is a jerk. I'm sorry this happened. Maybe it will make you feel better if you remind yourself they're the one with a personality problem, not you!
1.gif

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I can''t stop thinking about this woman!
32.gif
I''m especially fond of the comment about me sticking to shopping at Goodwill!

I do plan on reporting this when I get home tonight. I''d think eBay could at least send her a written reprimand for being such a cow.

What REALLY kills me, because I have the personality flaw of needing to always get the last word in, is the fact that she won''t ever stand corrected. She''ll always think I''m an idiot for enquiring about the eye cleanliness of an SI diamond.
20.gif

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 12:04:53 AM
Author: justginger
I can't stop thinking about this woman!

aww i'm sorry that this happened to you jg... such a shocking difference coming from PS, for sure. i know it would get under my skin too, but people like this just aren't worth your time. they just want money for no work and sadly, there's a market for that
38.gif

hope ebay responds to your feedback... let us know what happens
1.gif

eta: i say we all inquire about eye-cleanliness of any SI diamonds she has. who's up for it?
27.gif

outatouch0

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 12:38:05 AM
Author: tonyc2387

eta: i say we all inquire about eye-cleanliness of any SI diamonds she has. who''s up for it?
27.gif
hahahaha YES !!! I like the way you think. Now THAT is the power of PS put to work !!!! More fun than a PS fieldtrip to the Maul !!!!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I was just about to suggest the same thing!

Care to post a link? I hear you about having the last word, so we can''t let her have it!
9.gif

Jen

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Ok, happy to look for another listing with an SI1 diamond, then ask a question haha.

If I get attitude, I might link her to this thread.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/15/2009 9:56:40 PM
Author: AGBF

magnifacation.

Wink

Now, wait a minute, Wink. She may be rude and ''gemologically stupid'', but doesn''t the English language count for something? In a world where some people (like me) don''t bother with programs to check their spelling, shouldn''t she get some points for her deft handling of the mother tongue?

AGBF
34.gif

That''s right. Any one knows when you make up the facts that it is spelled "magnifactation".

And I see that when I am typing on a seldom used computer that it is not a good idea to use Firefox rather than ie when editing posts, I had no idea I was typing in blue...

Wink

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I have been on ebay since 1996 and don''t have a lot of feedbacks as I do a lot more posting than shopping.
I have bought both diamonds and gemstones over the years and have had reason to ask a lot of questions before bidding.That includes questions about "eye cleanliness".
I have received long answers, short answers, "I don''t have a clue" answers and occasionally no answer at all. But I have never seen such a rude and totally uncalled for reply. I have never kept a "blocked seller" list, but I am starting one today.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I asked a question on a different item for you. We will see what kind of reply I get.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To be a successful retailer requires tons of patience and expertise. This is a fine example of a "seller" who probably has none of either virtue. One of the worst things about E-bay is the difficulty of eliminating such over-reaction on the part of problematic sellers. Avoid such folks like the plague! It would be humorous if 100 people would ask such intelligent questions of this vendor. I can only imagine the hyper responses.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results