shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you want a Lightbox engagement ring?

Would you want a Lightbox engagement ring?

• Yes

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I don't mind lab grown diamond engagement ring of my choosing, with the shape, cut quality, color, size, I want. I would not feel comfortable getting a lightbox LG diamond because I would have no control over any of the parameters above and with limited shape and sizes too!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
No. But only because I want the best cut available.
Neil Beauty had my engagement ring in his hands and he told me it was one of the nicest OECs he had seen. Yes of course it's fake in two regards. It's a newly cut OEC and its a lab grown - but I don't care I love it!
Anybody talking badly about lab diamonds is either an only mined diamond seller or is feeling insecure.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I do not judge on anything given by my significant half, since I trust that he did it with his best intentions.

I can always buy mined/graded labs on my own for my fun rings. That being said, I prefer Lab diamonds for fancy colors or interesting cuts.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lab grown yes but I prefer to pick ideal proportions.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted a sapphire, not a diamond, and I didn’t mind a small or imperfect stone since I set my husband a budget of $2000 back then. The romance was in the surprise. I would not have liked a lab sapphire at all or anything I deemed synthetic. Of course these days I have both earth mined and lab stones, and I would be delighted if my husband were to buy me a 2ct lightbox diamond. But that’s not from the perspective of an engagement.

At the end of the day, I think anyone planning on marriage should practice their communication skills and find out what their prospective spouse prefers. I had an ex who would have gotten me a Tiffany diamond solitaire regardless of what I wanted because he thought that was the standard he wanted to reach. I’m glad we didn’t get married.

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
You should run the same poll in RockyTalky - I bet you would get a different response :)

Neil Beaty, a respected appriaser who posts here mentioned on FB that he is already seeing LGD's offered as engagement rings without declaration (which makes them fakes) - the result as I recollect was at least one dissolved engagement!

Anyone willing to break off an engagement over a piece of jewelry probably shouldn’t be getting married in the first place.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone willing to break off an engagement over a piece of jewelry probably shouldn’t be getting married in the first place.

I guess the question is the lie, more than the piece itself.

I guess further my question would be 1. Why it matters and 2. Why that’s considered to be a lie.

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
LGD, yes (that’s what I have now). LB, no. I can find much better quality (with a report) for the same or similar prices elsewhere. Just not worth it to take the risk buying from them.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
If other LGDs come down to $800/carat, do you think LB will have to increase specs to stay competitive?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My experience many many years ago when I “helped” a coworker find out her diamond was actually CZ (note, I was very concerned her fiancé had been misled) as he told her it was a $10,000 ring. Unbeknownst to me or her, yes, $10,000 was missing from their savings but the money had been gambled away by him and he had bought the ring and passed it off as a $10,000 ring to conceal that fact.
relationship ended abruptly and I felt awful, really awful but I later came to appreciate that id probably “saved her” from a relationship that was going to end badly anyway.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
If other LGDs come down to $800/carat, do you think LB will have to increase specs to stay competitive?

Yes. The CVD diamonds seem to be coming out quite clean, often white, and in all kinds of shapes and cuts. LB might have to lower the price of their “finest“ and offer more variety in cuts, including old cuts.

But that might not hold true if LB has motives other than increasing their share of the LG market.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
No. But only because I want the best cut available.
Neil Beauty had my engagement ring in his hands and he told me it was one of the nicest OECs he had seen. Yes of course it's fake in two regards. It's a newly cut OEC and its a lab grown - but I don't care I love it!
Anybody talking badly about lab diamonds is either an only mined diamond seller or is feeling insecure.

Your situation is the polar opposite of being handed a LB ring and not being told it's lab-grown. Your ring sounds fabulous and in no way fake. I would LOVE to see photos.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Neil did say that he would have wished for more fire. Something that I also still am thinking about of tweaking - but obviously I would loose more diamond. But now my next project are studs!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Neil did say that he would have wished for more fire. Something that I also still am thinking about of tweaking - but obviously I would loose more diamond. But now my next project are studs!

Holy balls!! Off the charts gorgeous - thank you for sending the images!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
As long as it’s well cut and certified and preferably GIA/AGS (I have all IGI certed lab diamonds and have been happy with them). I’m not sure how well the light box stones are cut, the ones people have posted up here looked very lovely.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Dang that is amazing! Is this from a 2 carat LB stone? Do you know how much weight you lost? I am feeling so tempted, ugh.

No it was 5 carat stone. It's ended up as a 4.5 D VS2. That's why I went lab. I really wanted to have a D color more than a mined diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results