shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you rather...

jillr

Rough_Rock
Which round diamond would you rather have?

Diamond #1
1.65 G VS2
GIA XXX

or

Diamond #2
2.5 J SI1
ACA

Thank you for your thoughts...

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why must it be one or the other out of those two?! :?: There's just too much of a drastic color and size difference for me to be able to make a decision...why no middle ground? 2ct H/I VS2 perhaps!? I think I'm too color sensitive to handle a MRB J (I also feel AGS is a bit softer on color so to me it would probably be more like an GIA K). But 1.65 is small for my size 7 finger! Ultimately, I wouldn't be happy with either.

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
If she's a bright J and you're not very colour-sensitive, I'd go for diamond #2.

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
If the ACA means it's a WF A Cut Above then I would take the J.

If it was a typo and should be AGS I would probably still take the bigger stone, but would be a little less sure about the decision.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neither.

Is this for you or for someone else, first and foremost. That is the MOST important question.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's an ACA I'll take the J.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not seeing a 2.5 J SI1 ACA, so is the stone on hold? What is your budget? Because I agree with others who said they'd choose an H or I color stone between those two sizes. I don't think the cost is the same for stones with those two specs. Did you maybe mean 2.05 cts for the J stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results