shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you like a side of diamonds with that???

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
It’s my first time working with a local jeweler on a fun piece that is well outside my usual box of sleek and modern jewelry. He’s designed it twice and I’m pretty much letting him run with artistic flair...it’s a perfect piece to play around with so why not! He just messaged that if it’s Ok he really thinks it needs some diamonds set into the rose and white gold accents on the ring. We’d already talked about adding some diamonds into the main element but that could be later. He said no charge if I wanted to proceed he’d just put in some little diamonds where he thought it would look best (but he would accept a gratuity if I’m happy at the end). Seems more than fair. I’m finding it liberating not to be pouring over CAD details. He’s also sending lots of pics of his process...even some oops moments where he’s had to go back and make a change. It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I’m excited to see how it turns out.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Excited to see the final piece, that's so generous of your jeweler!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
it must be awsome for a jewler to be given artistic licence !
looking forward to seeing the finished piece

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I picked it up late today (technically yesterday) but it was getting dark so pics coming tomorrow !!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
This started as a sphere pendant DH gave me many years ago. It has been unworn for a long time as I have an everyday pendant from my original e-ring. Yet every time I cleaned out my jewelry box it made the cut to stay. So I decided to make it into a spinning ball ring. The sphere is not subtle at 13mm but I think he balanced it out nicely. I’m tall and the ring is 9.5 so that helps too. I can carry something substantial and it is! The jeweler had some fun with this, lol. I do think the next project will have to stick a bit closer to my vision if he starts to wander but no regrets on this.
BE6F3285-F56E-49D8-A59D-B0CA977FB63D.jpeg
ADEEE59B-7F5B-47F0-8569-339BB9A5CFF2.jpeg

9947A32A-A85C-41FF-932F-A36DF148B178.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is so cool and unique! I love it. What are the flowers on the side? I think it turned out great

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @lovedogs I’m happy I let him run with it after agreeing on a general concept/direction. :))
I’m assuming you mean the plants in the pic? The dark green is a jade plant. the light green is August Fire sedum. The house finches nibble at the leaves all summer but the color is pretty. They come back to eat the seeds in the fall.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
How special to own a true one off!
It's a sculptural art piece you can wear.
Tres cool.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
thank you @ItsMainelyYou I enjoyed wearing it a bit today but it's back with the jeweler tonight as he has a friend to help him with a photo shoot for his website/social media. He is new to the area and trying to build a client base locally as well. It's nice he thinks this ring is worthy of display and I suspect he had that in mind when offering to do complete his vision with the extra work and diamonds. Seems like we will both be very happy with the outcome.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Love this piece! Really unique and beautiful!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@Musia Thank you!! It’s been a good experience getting out of my box.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results