shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you guys mind helping me find this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Barry said he has one someone is looking at, and if they don't buy it he'll re-list it. So, I'm going to see what I think of it, if it becomes available.

I did ask Vallejo to see what he could do for me. I'd really love a garnet and I'm okay with a round. So we'll see. And Richard has some beautiful spinels the color I want, but they are smaller than I want.

I'm not in a hurry. I'm just exploring. I've been in love with this ring for a while so I'm thinking I will do something like this with it. http://www.langantiques.com/category/10/5/item/10-1-2281/ but with a larger center in proportion to the side stones. I've had my eye on that for a WHILE. Same setting larger stone: http://www.langantiques.com/category/10/5/item/10-1-2430/

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:09:28 PM
Author: Gypsy
Barry said he has one someone is looking at, and if they don''t buy it he''ll re-list it. So, I''m going to see what I think of it, if it becomes available.

I did ask Vallejo to see what he could do for me. I''d really love a garnet and I''m okay with a round. So we''ll see. And Richard has some beautiful spinels the color I want, but they are smaller than I want.

I''m not in a hurry. I''m just exploring. I''ve been in love with this ring for a while so I''m thinking I will do something like this with it. http://www.langantiques.com/category/10/5/item/10-1-2281/ but with a larger center in proportion to the side stones. I''ve had my eye on that for a WHILE. Same setting larger stone: http://www.langantiques.com/category/10/5/item/10-1-2430/
That would be lovely with a gemstone!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think so too! It''s one of my favorite settings. Actually there was one on ebay I loved a while back that wsa similar... and I''ve been kicking myself since for not having bought it...

264403c.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Gypsy - you really know how to pick them! Great setting ideas!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The one that got away.

264403hjhhgb.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more of the same setting...

264403e.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one...

264403d.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I lied... I''ve got one more.

264403.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:23:26 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Oh Gypsy - you really know how to pick them! Great setting ideas!
Thank you Cin... you are more than welcome to borrow them. LOL.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is really pretty - you've found a good deal on ebay.

ETA
Oops, I see that the setting got away from you.
39.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:35:21 PM
Author: Chrono
The setting is really pretty - you''ve found a good deal on ebay.

ETA
Oops, I see that the setting got away from you.
39.gif
Yeah. It was platinum, vintage and MINT, and the stones were D/E/F and VVS-VS. But it would have meant not getting my pendant. So I had to give it up. I bid up to 450 on it, but it went for exactly what I thought it would... 750. Which was too rich for my blood, though DAMN did I want it. It took a 9 mm center too and is deep enough for a colored stone.

I was really hoping a PSer got it. Cause it was a BEAUTY.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
I am looking at one in my topic from Barry it is a 6.8x6.8

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both settings you posted are very very nice. But both are for rounds and you want an oval?

Does Lang''s sell empty settings? Or can they make you that setting with an oval?

Sorry I don''t have any stone ideas for you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Stone hunter. They are for rounds, but I''ve seen that setting with Ovals, Cushions, Emerald cuts...it''s just an all round flattering setting. I''ve asked Bob (Vallejo) for a round stone. So we''ll see what he finds. Langs is usually VERY overpriced, and I''m not super excited about that profile view on that ring, just the head on... so I would probably just shop around.

I DID remember that ONE of my earrings (single earring) from my Topaz set did survive the robbery (found it under the bathroom window where they broke in, probably fell out of their pockets) so I have a single pale peach pear that needs a new setting. So I''m going to have to think about what to do with that. I''m thinking of doing a full bezel in rose gold... a bezel with a pink foil back to intensify the color of it. Now I just have to decide on ring or pendant for it. It''s my little ''survivor'' stone. And the only thing left from the set my aunt gave me on my wedding day so it is very special to me.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is so sad. But I''m glad you have something left.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just glad to have one piece left honestly. I''m thinking of having One Garnet Girl do a hammered rose gold setting for it. OR (completely alternately) seeing if my local jeweler can get a tapered baguette setting in for cheap with a rose gold basket.

Hmm... we will see!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results