shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you guys mind helping me find this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might be in the market for a nice oval.

I''m thinking 9 x 7 ish. And peachy in color. Or light green. Or light blue. Something pastel. But not straight pink or purple. Unless it''s a saturated violet/reddish amethyst purple.

I''m not looking to spend too much but would like the stone to be hard enough to wear as an RHR on occassion. I''m okay with an ebay stone. Just decent cutting and a pretty color, no window, if possible.

Ideally I''d love a peach topaz cause I had a nice set of them (necklace and earrings) but they were stolen and I really miss them. I like tourmalines and garnet''s too though.

Any suggestions?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barry has a Peachy precious Topaz oval for sale 198$, but smaller than you're looking for.

There's also this pastel blue aqua from Gemnut on ebay: it's not quite 9x7 (it's 9.3 x 7.7)

http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-CUT-FINE-COLOR-MOZAMBIQUE-AQUAMARINE-OVAL_W0QQitemZ230188782484QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3598521394&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A3|294%3A50

You could make an offer, maybe you'll get a great deal on it :) I bought a malaya from her and the cutting was lovely.

And there's this really inexpensive topaz from Gemline! Only 35$ and exactly 9x7x5! The color is probably very light though.
http://litnon.com/preview.php?cat=274&id=7510

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Email Barry. He's had a lot of peachy stones lately.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Not to highjack, but here is my oval coming from Barry. It is slighter larger and more pink, but gives you an idea of what he might have hanging around. 11.3x9.5mm Supernova oval (the one on the left - but I love the one on the right too!)

MVC-152S2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 5:31:45 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 5/26/2009 5:29:14 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Not to highjack, but here is my oval coming from Barry. It is slighter larger and more pink, but gives you an idea of what he might have hanging around. 11.3x9.5mm Supernova oval (the one on the left - but I love the one on the right too!)
I love them both for different reasons.
ok hijack again - SDL - I was just about to tell you to go get that cushion, but then I went to his site and it is gone!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

beach

Brilliant_Rock
ditto

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, if you email Barry, I bet he might have something for you, or he can cut it for you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL-- I sent Barry an email when Cin suggested it. I''m hoping he has something nice. It just seems that most of his stones are darker in hue, and I do want something lighter and am very much hoping for a peach stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooops, didn't see Cinnamon's reply.

Email Vallejo916 (Bob Kast) on ebay as well, he seems to have lots of "peachy" tourmaline material as well, but make sure you're very specific in what kind of color you want (not too dark, not too light). He might be able to cut you an oval in something, although he seems to love cutting rounds. Malaya garnets are nice peachy stones as well, not the dark Malayas, but the more pink/orange ones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL, I''ll email him too (I really like his prices!).

Let me see if I can find my ideal color, then I''ll just link him to it and so he can see it himself. I know monitors are not exact, but I figure a picture won''t hurt.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
The Peachy pink thread in case you missed it https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-peachy-thread-show-me-your-peachy-pinkish-salmony-stones.108187/ - You probably already saw this, but I just wanted to highlight it because there are many recent beautiful peachy pinks out there!

Here are a few of the links of Barry''s recent peachy pinks: (Sorry if I missed one - there are many lovelies! - Please add yours if you feel inclined.)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-peachy-pink-malaya.109632/ innerkitten’s malaya

[url=https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bb-imperial-malaya-garnet.106229/]https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bb-imperial-malaya-garnet.106229/

TL’s mayala

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/last-stone-from-barry-surprise-pink-peach-toumaline.114887/ mochi’s tourmaline that is awesome with many color personalities

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/barry-peach-tourmaline.116019/ arjunajane’s super tourmaline that shows the peach and pink as well

Description of mine that is shown in your thread above of my oval that’s coming:
(per Barry) This is one of the tourmalines from Cabo del Gato,Mozambique, that shifts from a rich pink in natural light to a peachy pink in incandescent light.

You can find this color in garnets and tourmalines!

[/URL]

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
This is Coati''s... *pant, pant, pant*

malaya111.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 6:51:56 PM
Author: Gypsy
30.gif
This is Coati''s... *pant, pant, pant*

malaya111.jpg

Oooo, love malayas!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Gypsy, I don''t have any suggestions, but I was wondering if that gem show we went to last year around this time is a yearly thing? If it is, maybe we can hit that up and you can find a yummy peachy oval. Just an idea
1.gif
If so, we can get AmberG to go and we can all show off our new goodies
2.gif
- her Nikki and my OEC
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey gypsy,
that colour of gem from Gene that you linked was actually cut for me, but somewhere we got our wires crossed
and it was cut too large for my budget, So I know just what you''re after
5.gif

Just fwiw, I def. second Barry, as now I have this 8.4mm tourmaline that is absolutely peachy in daylight,
but also shows golden orange tones under indoor lights (and costs a heck of a lot less than similiar coloured garnets!).
5.gif

Cinnamon linked it above, but here''s a pic anyways
5.gif
Unlike many other cutters, Barry is funny in that
he often seems to have just what you''re after simply "lying around"! My last two gems from him, this and a golden beryl, were purchased that way
5.gif

DSC04175.crop1.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 11:28:02 PM
Author: arjunajane
Hey gypsy,
that colour of gem from Gene that you linked was actually cut for me, but somewhere we got our wires crossed
and it was cut too large for my budget,
Oddly enough, this just happened to someone else, too.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 11:50:02 PM
Author: Allison D.
Date: 5/26/2009 11:28:02 PM

Author: arjunajane

Hey gypsy,

and it was cut too large for my budget,

Oddly enough, this just happened to someone else, too.

Hi Allison, really?
yeah - it was a bit of a bummer, as I do love the cut and colour of that stone.
Normally, I would likely just go for it, but this one was about twice the amount of my budget,
so just couldn''t
7.gif

My cushion garnet also turned out larger than anticipated, but in the end I was happy for it (and could afford
it then.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asscher_girl... I don''t know but we can google it! I definitely would love to do that again. I was asking Leslie today about possible settings for a rhodilite cushion John bought me a while back, that I haven''t set and she showed me the pic of a setting that I am dying for... but won''t work for my stone as it''s a bezel and my garnet is REALLY REALLY REALLY dark as it is. SO I NEED something for that setting (hehehe). A cushion. Definitely a cushion. Hmm... that reminds me, wasn''t someone on here looking for a nice setting for a large cushion. Who was that. I think it was a pink stone???

Anyway... CINNAMON... THAT a gorgeous peach stone! I''m now PEACH with envy. And starting to think I really want a round peach stone. I found another setting browsing ebay today that would look phenomenal with a round peach stone.
27.gif

Rick had a lovely rectangular garnet that I really loved as well. Don''t know what I''d do with it. And it''s not quite peach, more terracotta or salmon. But it was REALLY beautiful.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lesley. Not Leslie. I can''t spell to save my life.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy - you didn''t say yellow, but this is an awesome stone that Barry must have posted last night.

http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=141&idproduct=2807

CB-6109 Chrysoberyl(J) 2.01 cts, 7.2m round brilliant[Gec]. Chrysoberyl is a very underrated gemstone, especially when it has a bright yellow color like this stone. It is extremely hard and bright. Flawless at 10x, this chrysoberyl comes from Tanzania. BB

Price: $200.00

(PS - round is what I''ve always gone for, but Barry''s ovals have attracted me, so the one I showed you is my first!)

cb-6109g_305_detail.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
How about a sunstone? At $29, you can''t beat the price.

Sun 4.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cinnamon-- I''m so happy you bought the beautiful bright stone, I think it''s lovely but I think you are the right home for it. I''m a little obsessed with peach/salmon stones right now.

THAT sunstone is beautiful from the pics. It wouldn''t fit into the setting I have in mind, but I have wanted a sunstone for a while. I''ll have to ask Rick about it. Thank you Kismet! I don''t know how I missed that one!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 2:19:34 PM
Author: Gypsy
Cinnamon-- I''m so happy you bought the beautiful bright stone, I think it''s lovely but I think you are the right home for it. I''m a little obsessed with peach/salmon stones right now.

THAT sunstone is beautiful from the pics. It wouldn''t fit into the setting I have in mind, but I have wanted a sunstone for a while. I''ll have to ask Rick about it. Thank you Kismet! I don''t know how I missed that one!
WHEW! That''s good because I thought you were on the peach kick but then remembered you were looking for pastel type colors. Did Barry come up with any stones yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results