shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy this OMC?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agree! After seeing the comparison videos, you made the right choice. I'm looking forward to seeing it set! Will you still be creating something like the inspiration you shared?

I also really hope, that the stone looks good irl.

Regarding setting: I have got the first CAD already
fd7f89c2-20e8-44bc-ace9-4cb81496a8e5.jpeg

I have sent them a very clear picture of a three stone design, what I really like, and this is their design and the inspiration next to eachother:

IMG_3568.jpeg

They have promised to adjust the CAD.

What do you think about the CAD?

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I also really hope, that the stone looks good irl.

Regarding setting: I have got the first CAD already
fd7f89c2-20e8-44bc-ace9-4cb81496a8e5.jpeg

I have sent them a very clear picture of a three stone design, what I really like, and this is their design and the inspiration next to eachother:

IMG_3568.jpeg

They have promised to adjust the CAD.

What do you think about the CAD?

So neat that you are recreating your inspiration photo. Its a stunning setting and will compliment your diamond perfectly. The first attempt is nice but from the profile view it doesn't look quite like the picture you provided. I've seen your vendors work and some of it is quite beautiful. This doesn't look like an overly complicated setting so hopeful they will be able to recreate it and that the adjusted CAD comes in much better!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So neat that you are recreating your inspiration photo. Its a stunning setting and will compliment your diamond perfectly. The first attempt is nice but from the profile view it doesn't look quite like the picture you provided. I've seen your vendors work and some of it is quite beautiful. This doesn't look like an overly complicated setting so hopeful they will be able to recreate it and that the adjusted CAD comes in much better!

I know it’s quite controversial on this forum to let a different vendor create a setting than the original, but I think a three-stone ring is not as unique, so I was looking on IG and I liked this exact design. The reason for the change in design was partly, that I don’t like big gaps, and with the first design there would be a big one, if I want to wear a band next to it.

Today I’ve got the new CAD:
ed584771-c24d-4c48-b8a1-06bb02cf7ad0.jpeg
After comparing the CADs I have realized, that the original CAD has a completely open basket, and the new one has the ring shank beneath the culet of the diamond. Do you think it’s going to influence the light performance of the main stone?

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
After comparing the CADs I have realized, that the original CAD has a completely open basket, and the new one has the ring shank beneath the culet of the diamond. Do you think it’s going to influence the light performance of the main stone?

Interesting- yes, I took a second look and see that. I like open baskets because it makes cleaning easier but the stone looks pretty accessible from the side so I don't think that will be an issue. I wish I could speak to performance but I'm not an expert so really not sure. Hopefully someone else with more experience can chime in. Did you approve this CAD?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the diamond you selected!
Re CAD design, I don’t think there is any way to determine except in person, whether the current design shank shows through the stone. Can you ask the vendor to check for you?

PS for anyone interested, I went back and found a discussion thread on the dreaded dark center on old cut stones. It was educational for me. Namely, IF old cut stones do show that dark center in photos, it’s a good indicator of a poor cut and not likely camera obstruction. So I like the stone you selected not the one with the dark center (as it is not likely camera obstruction, it’s likely poor angles).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the elongated one! Great choice!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the diamond you selected!
Re CAD design, I don’t think there is any way to determine except in person, whether the current design shank shows through the stone. Can you ask the vendor to check for you?

PS for anyone interested, I went back and found a discussion thread on the dreaded dark center on old cut stones. It was educational for me. Namely, IF old cut stones do show that dark center in photos, it’s a good indicator of a poor cut and not likely camera obstruction. So I like the stone you selected not the one with the dark center (as it is not likely camera obstruction, it’s likely poor angles).

Thank you for digging up that old thread about obstruction. I knew, there was already a discussion about this topic, but I couldn’t name the occurrence, so I was not able to find the thread. I just knew, if all the patterns under the table turn dark at once, it’s not good. Now I’m sure, I’ve made the right decision.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Im back with an update. So the diamond came back unfortunately lower color as estimated by the vendor. He told me, to let them set the stone, and then decide.

A few days later he sent me a video of the completed ring, but there was a problem. The gold colors were wrong. On the CAD the basked was WG and the shank RG.

I pointed it out and he realized I’m right. He told me the new setting will be produced in 3 working days. It took lastly 4 days, but one day more was no problem.

After getting the final video, I pointed out that the color difference between the center and side stones is quite obvious, and if I could get a discount before doing the payment of the remaining amount. He agreed to give me a discount, because it got 2 color grades lower, than in the original description.

Here is the certificate:
IMG_3766.png

The ring has been shipped today, and should arrive at the beginning of the next week.

As soon as it gets here, I’m going to pictures.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it turned out beautiful @dkata ! I'm interested in hearing what you think about the stone color differences.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I'm heartened that the jeweler was willing to work with you.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks so beautiful as well! Looking forward to seeing hand shots and hearing your thoughts on the performance in person!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks amazing! I love the look of a white basket with a gold shank. And your LGD has So much fire! I hope you love it.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks amazing! I love the look of a white basket with a gold shank. And your LGD has So much fire! I hope you love it.

I can't decide if I like the white gold or rose gold basket better! There's something about the old cuts in a yg or rg

MAA8565

Rough_Rock
Trade
Have you received this ring yet? Can't wait to see it in your hand.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your love your new ring and hope to see pictures soon! I love the choice of setting with the shield cut side stones. Glad the vendor was accommodating to you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results