shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy a 1000$+ LOGR ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hello Ladies (and Gents),

I first posted this in Rocky Talky, but D&T kindly suggested that I post here too as many of you have bought from LOGR on eBay. I read a lot about their rings, but haven''t dared to buy yet. I am usually of the viewpoint that you get what you pay for, although quite a few threads prove otherwise.

Have any of you had experience with the slightly more expensive pieces he sells? I like the look of a few 1000$+ eternity bands and I am tempted...The clarity and the colour appear to be good (VVS D), if they are as he listed them, but I am worried about the cut. I know I can''t expect it to be a perfect ring at this price, but perhaps someone can tell me whether it should still be a decent ring with the clarity and colour being good? Please help!

Also, did anyone have to return a ring and how difficult/easy/expensive was this to do?

Thanks!

D.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Returns are easy, but he charges a non refundable $30 fee if you''ve had ANY custom work, even resizing, done to the ring.

I think his higher priced pieces are a great value. You do get a lot for the $$$.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if I would count on the diamond quality being VVS D without upgrading. I have upgraded all but one LOGR, and I have yet to receive that kind of quality. I think VS2, G is the best of what I''ve received so far (my jeweler even thinks they might be SI quality). However, the diamonds in my rings are accents, so even SI, G looks sparkly and bright.

I would also be careful about purchasing any ring with pave from LOGR - you''re bound to have a stone fall out at some point, and you won''t be able to send it back for repair. Let us know if you get anything; I really like some of their more pricey pieces too.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Tourmaline_lover and Cellentani,

Thanks for sharing, I''ve been waiting the best part of today for someone to respond (I live in another time zone). Well, the eternity band I am eyeing up is listed as D VVS. I was surprised by this too and don''t know if I can trust the listing - only those of you who bought from LOGR can vouch for the accuracy of descriptions. I guess the answer is to buy and have it appraised?

There are many bands I like, they do have nice designs. Some are with baguette diamonds. Do you know much about this type of cut, and how to spot a well cut one vs poorly cut one etc?

So tempting...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
If you sent us links to the particular band you want or attach pictures I think that would help us respond.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Their returns are pretty easy and I think their communication is great as well.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 4:54:31 PM
Author: dinamit

Thanks for sharing, I''ve been waiting the best part of today for someone to respond (I live in another time zone). Well, the eternity band I am eyeing up is listed as D VVS. I was surprised by this too and don''t know if I can trust the listing - only those of you who bought from LOGR can vouch for the accuracy of descriptions. I guess the answer is to buy and have it appraised?

There are many bands I like, they do have nice designs. Some are with baguette diamonds. Do you know much about this type of cut, and how to spot a well cut one vs poorly cut one etc?

So tempting...
I know how frustrating a wait can be. I think the problem is most people won''t spend $1000+ on an LOGR, so there is no experience here. I know, having purchased an LOGR, the answer to your original question would be a quick, "No". When I took the setting into my jeweler, he said it was cheaply made. As to whether a pricey setting would also be that way, well, perhaps you are the person who should get it and let us all know.
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 5:46:52 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 9/22/2009 4:54:31 PM

Thanks for sharing, I've been waiting the best part of today for someone to respond (I live in another time zone). Well, the eternity band I am eyeing up is listed as D VVS. I was surprised by this too and don't know if I can trust the listing - only those of you who bought from LOGR can vouch for the accuracy of descriptions. I guess the answer is to buy and have it appraised?

So tempting...
I know how frustrating a wait can be. I think the problem is most people won't spend $1000+ on an LOGR, so there is no experience here. I know, having purchased an LOGR, the answer to your original question would be a quick, 'No'. When I took the setting into my jeweler, he said it was cheaply made. As to whether a pricey setting would also be that way, well, perhaps you are the person who should get it and let us all know.
2.gif
Hi FlyGirl. I would spend $1000 on an LOGR, and I'll tell you why. Even though you're not going to get the quality of workmanship you'll find in a Tacori, Whiteflash or Simon G, many jewelers do sell Chinese made settings like LOGR's for much higher prices. I don't think you can find settings with the amount of diamonds and the weight of gold for such pricing anywhere, and I know because I looked, and I know others that have looked. My settings are pretty substantial in gold weight, and when I upgrade the diamonds, they look just as good as any of the pricier "no-name" diamond settings at my jeweler. I have gotten so many compliments on my rings, that most people think I'm very rich (which I am not) to be able to afford such pieces. The fact of the matter is that most jewelers, especially B&M ones, are having a difficult time competing with online sellers, and LOGR is really one of the best values when looking for a low cost diamond and gold mount. There is a great niche for his settings, just as there is a niche for Leon Mege.
1.gif

I recently spent around $460 on a setting for my pear spessartite and it looks nicer than a high cost piece I saw in a jewelers case, the diamonds are also larger and more substantial and there is ample gold weight. I guess if you look super up close at the workmanship, you'll find imperfections, and I can understand if that bugs someone, but as someone who rather put the most of the cost of the ring into the gem, it's good enough for me.
9.gif
Based on how something looks at $460, I can only guess that a $1K piece from LOGR would look phenomenal to most people. JMO.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for responding ladies, it''s interesting to hear the different viewpoints.

Sarahbear, I will resize a photo of one of the bands and post it tomorrow.i876543
Szh07, thanks, that''s reassuring.
Fly_girl, yes I figured there wouldn''t be many Pricescopers that would spenk 1K+ on a LOGR but was still hoping there would be one or two. Anyway, it''s been interesting hearing people''s opinions on the less expensive rings they have bought. I am sorry you were disappointed with yours.
Tourmaline_lover, thanks again. I''d love to see pics of all your rings!

All the best,

D.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I 100% agree with TL. I would absolutely buy a higher priced piece from LOGR, seeing as how a lot of what you'll see in your neighbourhood jeweler could just be resold mass made Chinese settings.

I've been very happy with the quality of my settings, and I have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 12 (highest amount spent was only $370 before I knew anything about them) from LOGR, a couple eternity bands from LOGR, and 2 settings from Jewelryhoo, and one under the Jewe2004 name. They aren't WF, Leon, or BGD, but I have very few lost melee issues, and once you have the basket polished by your local jeweler, or maybe a bit more gold added to make the setting a bit more substantial, no regular Joe will question that it's not a high end setting.

I would advise upgrading the diamonds if it isn't cost prohibitive just to be safe, but I've been eyeing a baguette eternity band, as well, and I can't believe the price for the carat weight. Given my past happy experience, I would definitely spend a large amount on a setting that could easily cost my 2X+ at my local jeweler.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 7:29:20 PM
Thanks for responding ladies, it's interesting to hear the different viewpoints.

Sarahbear, I will resize a photo of one of the bands and post it tomorrow.i876543
Szh07, thanks, that's reassuring.
Fly_girl, yes I figured there wouldn't be many Pricescopers that would spenk 1K+ on a LOGR but was still hoping there would be one or two. Anyway, it's been interesting hearing people's opinions on the less expensive rings they have bought. I am sorry you were disappointed with yours.
Tourmaline_lover, thanks again. I'd love to see pics of all your rings!

All the best,

D.
Here are some in this thread, but many can be found in my gallery images, and LaurenThePartier has tons of pictures in her gallery of her various LOGRs. I've lost count on how man I have, but this thread shows the pear shaped orange spessartite with the $460 setting I obtained. I wish you could see the side of the trillion setting there with the other spessartite, it's extremely substantial in gold thickness and is 18K. The other one with the blue stone has upgraded diamonds and 18K gold, and the small one with the lavender spinel is 14K rose gold with upgraded diamonds

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/overcast-days.124593/

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, fess up dinamit - you really want THIS ring, right?!
31.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 10:24:53 PM
Author: cellentani
31.gif
23.gif
What the hillbillyhell is that?
32.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it''s better than the hideous octopus ring!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
in a word, no.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 10:24:53 PM
31.gif

That sure is a scary copy of the cartier ring.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Ha ha Cellentani, you had me roaring! Lol! What can I say, that ring has me up at night, I don''t think I can be without it!
9.gif

Tourmaline_lover, what spectacular rings! Yeah, I esspecially love the one set with the pear. I can see why people think you are very rich.
Lauren, I can hardly wait to search your profile for piccies of your LOGR babies! Which eternity bands did you go for?
Nice to meet a fellow baguette lover; do you know much about this type of cut?

I resized a piccie today (it was v late last night, I am in the UK) and will try to attach in a minute, for some reason can''t do some right now.

D.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hurrah! I finally managed to upload a piccie once I gave it a silly name.

Please tell me what you think.

My ring 777.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, that's the ring I had a feeling you were talking about. I've eyed that myself a few times, and I do think the workmanship on that piece looks to be a higher quality than his lesser priced pieces. The diamonds also look great, and I like the inside of the ring. I think it's a great value, since in a store, you would probably find something like that for at least 4K and up to 10K. What is the diamond weight on that piece again? It looks very substantial, that's for sure.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I agree with TL that the quality of that ring looks pretty good, and given that it''s fairly simple, there''s less to go wrong (there aren''t hundreds of prongs that, if not lined up perfectly, can look sloppy). I also think that baguettes, in general, look very crisp and white, and it''s rare to find many inclusions. You also get a lot of diamond coverage for less money. If that was the look I wanted, I would buy that ring in a heartbeat. My only hesitation is that is that the profile looks substantial, which is good thing structurally, but it might be uncomfortable between your fingers. Then again, I have short, pudgy fingers, so it might feel perfect to you. I''m guessing that ring will look spectacular and very flashy - go get it!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Tourmaline_lover and Cellentani, I am glad you think the ring looks good. I have put in an offer. The total weight of the piece is 2.62ct and apparently they are D VVS, so can''t upgrade even if I wanted to.

Will let you know the outcome.

D.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2009 2:28:36 PM
Thanks Tourmaline_lover and Cellentani, I am glad you think the ring looks good. I have put in an offer. The total weight of the piece is 2.62ct and apparently they are D VVS, so can''t upgrade even if I wanted to.

D.
Wow, that''s a substantial diamond weight. I hope you win it!! Good luck to you!!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been wearing a LOGR halo/split shank since January, as my replacement wedding ring, until we can afford a new set (waiting 2 more years for my 25th anniversary!) and I agree with Lauren about the quality, vs. jewelry store pieces. I paid about $300 (upgraded the diamonds and had it sized) and shortly afterward saw a similar halo at my local store, with no diamonds on the shanks, priced at $1,800.00. I felt like I got a good deal after that and wasn''t too embarrassed to ''show it off'' considering no one would be able to tell I didn''t pay a lot for it. I wear it every day and clean it often and have not had any loose diamonds...it''s wearing very well!

Hope you get your ring, it is very pretty!!!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 2:28:36 PM

D.
I agrre that is a nice looking ring but I have a feeling all is not what it looks like.
D vvs diamonds in that size would be about 750 $ a ct . wholesale. Unless prices have droped greratly since last year that price sounds to good to be true. I guess they could have bought those diamonds for much less than wholesale from a source that really needed money or maybe they make up the price differnce in volume.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your well wishes Tourmaline_lover and Ara Ann, I am glad you like the ring. Cellentani, I also wondered how comfortable it will be to wear since the band is quite thick. To be honest, I am not so fussed with the diamond weight, it is the design I like (I ,too, like the inside of the ring) and would be quite happy to go for a lower weight.

Colormyworld, I was also suspicious about the price if the colour, clarity and ttw are accurate. It seems too good to be true, which is why I posted. I guess the only way I can be sure is to have it appraised and then feedback to everyone. It would be really great if the ring turns out to be as advertised, it would reinforce everyone''s generally good opinion of LOGR.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 6:48:31 PM
Thanks for your well wishes Tourmaline_lover and Ara Ann, I am glad you like the ring. Cellentani, I also wondered how comfortable it will be to wear since the band is quite thick. To be honest, I am not so fussed with the diamond weight, it is the design I like (I ,too, like the inside of the ring) and would be quite happy to go for a lower weight.

Colormyworld, I was also suspicious about the price if the colour, clarity and ttw are accurate. It seems too good to be true, which is why I posted. I guess the only way I can be sure is to have it appraised and then feedback to everyone. It would be really great if the ring turns out to be as advertised, it would reinforce everyone's generally good opinion of LOGR.
Dinamit, I would order that ring with the understanding that LOGR's D, VVS, probably isn't GIA's D, VVS.

I suspect you may see some small inclusions in some of the diamonds, probably nothing black, and the colour will likely be closer to a G - H range. The cut and alignment of the baguettes may not be *perfect*, so be prepared for those issues to be reality.

But, when you think about the fact that Signed Pieces has a 3.21 ct. G-H, VVS -VS baguette band for almost $6k or more, it seems like it might be worth it just to find out if it is really as advertised. JMHO.

Oh, and did he accept your offer?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I myself, have practically given up on trying to decipher LOGR''s diamond quality ratings, and whether I actually get the grade they promise. I tried that route for awhile, reporting to them what my jeweler''s assessment was, but I never really got anywhere, just an offer to return the ring. Now I just decide if the diamonds are white enough and sparkly enough for what I paid, and I do that by eye (but I do loupe them myself). Yes, I probably don''t really have G,VS diamonds in my settings, but they''re noticeably bright and flashy, and I don''t feel like I settled at all. Of course, I wouldn''t assume that everyone should feel the same way, just my 2 cents.

I think someone already mentioned their return policy - it''s very good, and I''ve always been treated courteously during the return process.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 9:08:20 PM
I myself, have practically given up on trying to decipher LOGR''s diamond quality ratings, and whether I actually get the grade they promise. I tried that route for awhile, reporting to them what my jeweler''s assessment was, but I never really got anywhere, just an offer to return the ring. Now I just decide if the diamonds are white enough and sparkly enough for what I paid, and I do that by eye (but I do loupe them myself). Yes, I probably don''t really have G,VS diamonds in my settings, but they''re noticeably bright and flashy, and I don''t feel like I settled at all. Of course, I wouldn''t assume that everyone should feel the same way, just my 2 cents.

I think someone already mentioned their return policy - it''s very good, and I''ve always been treated courteously during the return process.
I think that is the way to approach it, cellentani. Decide if the setting is worth what you paid for it, and be ready to return the whole thing if it is not to your liking. I don''t expect them to meet the standards that I expect from my other jewelers. In that respect, my LOGRs are fine. I prefer settings that are a bit more sturdy and more sleek and clean looking than LOGRs, so that is another reason I haven''t purchased more of them.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Very valid points ladies.

LTP, I think it''s very wise not to expect LOGR standards to match GIA!
Cellentani and Fly Girl, I will of course examine the band and if it''s to my liking, keep it. I know what I am like, and even though I won''t expect a very high standard finish for that price, I would still like it to be a neat job. Not too fussed about color and clarity being exactly as advertised, so long the diamonds look nice. I think I will still send it off to be appraised anyway.

From all the above, you probably figured that we have agreed on a price, so I will give it a go and let you know.

Thanks a mil for all the help!

D.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results