shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy a 1000$+ LOGR ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
That''s great dinamit - I can''t wait til you get it. Were you able to order the standard size, or did you have to customize that? And, once the ring is made, LOGR''s shipping is remarkably fast, so you shouldn''t have to wait too long. Please post pics when it arrives (before you send it to the appraiser - I don''t want to wait that long, lol).

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm I am sorry to disappoint you Cellentani, but it''s not going to happen after all
7.gif

We agreed on a price after some negotiation, and when it came to the invoice, LOGR asked me what size I require. I need a size bigger than the standard size, HOWEVER in the listing header they advertised availability in sizes 3-12. I''ve noticed that in other listings they state rings can be resized for an extra cost, however in this listing for there was no mention of that; just that the ring is available in sizes 3-12. Therefore, I had an unpleasant surprise when they wanted an additional 130$ to go one size up, AFTER we agreed on a price. I am all out of budget, but even if this wasn''t the case, I am unimpressed by the way they went about it. So the excitement of looking forward to the ring arriving was in vain. I wish they were more upfront, it sort of left a bad taste in my mouth.

D.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Seriously??!! Aww, so sorry about that dinamit - that stinks! Do you need a larger or smaller size? I get the sense that they don''t have rings already made in every size, so they would have to completely remake the ring and possibly add another baguette for a larger size. My jeweler charges regular customers $75 just to resize, so that price isn''t too unreasonable. All this doesn''t matter though, if you''d been led to believe that the correct size was a given - what a bummer!
8.gif

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, they said they would need to make a new mold and add another baguette, which would push the tcw to over 2.7. I appreciate all the points, however then they shouldn''t have advertised availability in all sizes, or they should have been clear about this being at a cost. Most importantly, I feel they should have checked what size I need and then agreed (or not) a price, instead of agreeing a sale and then adding on extra costs
38.gif

I am really disappointed...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 2:30:16 PM
Author: dinamit
Yeah, they said they would need to make a new mold and add another baguette, which would push the tcw to over 2.7. I appreciate all the points, however then they shouldn''t have advertised availability in all sizes, or they should have been clear about this being at a cost. Most importantly, I feel they should have checked what size I need and then agreed (or not) a price, instead of agreeing a sale and then adding on extra costs
38.gif

I totally understand your disappointment, dinamit - I''m really sorry. Do you want us to help you look for something? PSers have an uncanny knack for finding great deals on stuff - just ask (or start a new thread) if you''re interested.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2009 2:30:16 PM
Author: dinamit
38.gif

You should mention this to Stephan about the listing so that people are clear on this particular ring. He uses a lot of the same verbiage over and over again in his listings, so it was probably overlooked. In any case, I have mentioned things to him in the past that he should change about his listings and he has concurred on some of them. I''m sorry you didn''t end up with the ring. Normallly resizing is a $10 fee for most sizes, but that''s only if gold is used.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tourmaline_lover, is Stephan (I love that name!) the man behind the emails? If so, I pointed out that they listed the ring as available in all sizes etc, but he just replied saying they can''t make my size for that price and that I was welcome to come back to them in the future! If Stephan is someone else, I would love to point it out to him but not sure how to contact him. This made LOGR look bad as a business IMO.

Re: looking for something else, thanks Cellentani, but I''ll probably wait a bit. I have another project on the go with Etienne Perret so I was probably being greedy anyway.

Thanks for all your help ladies, sorry to disappoint with no pictures.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results