shape
carat
color
clarity

Worth the wait...my new Leon Mege!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring! I am continually impressed with Leon''s work--it''s a masterpiece!

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
your ring is so beautiful
30.gif

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
did you have to buy the side and halo stones?

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Yowza! What a beautiful ring, the stone is breathtaking. Enjoy it! You have great taste, its a very classy design.

acegirlbda

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/3/2006 9:01:46 PM
Author: biblobaggins23
did you have to buy the side and halo stones?

Yes, I had to buy the side stones. There are 0.50 ct of square cut stones (total of 16) and then 0.17 ct of round melee in the halo.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, I''m so glad you put some extra pics up! This ring is fabulous!!! Leon is such an artist, I definitely like his version much better than the tiffany version. Congratulations again.

Carey

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS! I just went to Tiffany yesterday to see theirs like this.... 1.5 G VS2 for $32,000. I like YOURS!
emsmiled.gif

acegirlbda

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 7:22:32 AM
Author: Carey
GORGEOUS! I just went to Tiffany yesterday to see theirs like this.... 1.5 G VS2 for $32,000. I like YOURS!
emsmiled.gif

Mine costed half of that and I have a bigger and definitely better quality stone than Tiffany would ever offer!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG love it!! Love the asschers in the band, the beautiful design...perfection!!!

Special

Rough_Rock

Date: 11/28/2006 2:40:21 PM
Author:acegirlbda
Ok...so just the other day I was bitching about how long it was taking for Leon Mege to make my ring and he must have been listening b/c the next day he emailed me and told me it was finished. Total...10 weeks of waiting! Anyways, here is my story...my fiancee proposed to me last May with a beautiful 1.85 Ct round G VS stone that he did much research on to make sure it was perfect. He had it put in a plain white gold setting so I could do what I wanted with it. I had been eyeing a Tiffany setting which is now finally pictured on their website...it is called ''round brilliant with melee diamond border'' Kind of like the legacy but round instead of cushion. Anyhoot, after the stone started getting loose in its temporary home I finally got my butt to New York to meet with Leon who was the only person I trusted to make it perfect. I had never worked with him before but after reading a million positive things about him on p-scope and seeing all his beautiful work on his website I put my trust in him. I only had a not so great picture of the Tiffany ring because they hadn''t put it on their website yet...I used the picture from Nicolette Sheridons ring. I am amazed how perfect he was able to get the ring! I won''t have hand shots until I actually receive the ring later this week ...and I get my nails done! haha Here are the one''s he sent me....

Thanks for sharing. This ring is gorgeous!

6.gif

My wife is dieing for the same style ring but for a .97 stone from her original setting. Can anyone tell me if the smaller size would throw the proportions of the setting off so much that it wouldn''t have the same pizzazz? Opinions welcome.

Would it be easier to source this from Leon Mege, or should I customize with someone here in Chicago. Any specific recommendations local? I''m on the north shore. I have read the other postings, but no one is really jumping out like Leon as a to-die-for source of custom settings when you already have a diamond.

Sorry if I should be posting elsewhere, but this is the closest subject I could find to the information I was seeking.

Take care to all.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 4:43:43 PM
Author: FireGoddess
OMG love it!! Love the asschers in the band, the beautiful design...perfection!!!

ditto, just perfect!!!

acegirlbda

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 10:04:48 PM
Author: Special

Date: 11/28/2006 2:40:21 PM

Author:acegirlbda

Ok...so just the other day I was bitching about how long it was taking for Leon Mege to make my ring and he must have been listening b/c the next day he emailed me and told me it was finished. Total...10 weeks of waiting! Anyways, here is my story...my fiancee proposed to me last May with a beautiful 1.85 Ct round G VS stone that he did much research on to make sure it was perfect. He had it put in a plain white gold setting so I could do what I wanted with it. I had been eyeing a Tiffany setting which is now finally pictured on their website...it is called ''round brilliant with melee diamond border'' Kind of like the legacy but round instead of cushion. Anyhoot, after the stone started getting loose in its temporary home I finally got my butt to New York to meet with Leon who was the only person I trusted to make it perfect. I had never worked with him before but after reading a million positive things about him on p-scope and seeing all his beautiful work on his website I put my trust in him. I only had a not so great picture of the Tiffany ring because they hadn''t put it on their website yet...I used the picture from Nicolette Sheridons ring. I am amazed how perfect he was able to get the ring! I won''t have hand shots until I actually receive the ring later this week ...and I get my nails done! haha Here are the one''s he sent me....

Thanks for sharing. This ring is gorgeous!

6.gif

My wife is dieing for the same style ring but for a .97 stone from her original setting. Can anyone tell me if the smaller size would throw the proportions of the setting off so much that it wouldn''t have the same pizzazz? Opinions welcome.

Would it be easier to source this from Leon Mege, or should I customize with someone here in Chicago. Any specific recommendations local? I''m on the north shore. I have read the other postings, but no one is really jumping out like Leon as a to-die-for source of custom settings when you already have a diamond.

Sorry if I should be posting elsewhere, but this is the closest subject I could find to the information I was seeking.

Take care to all.

I would definitely definitely definitely go with Leon on this one. I have seen this setting with many different center stone weights and it looks great with a 1 ct. You should get Leon''s opinion anyway though. I spent about a year researching this type of setting and I always came back to Leon''s work to be the best when it comes to halo settings. He will not let you down!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It makes the center stone really stand out. Enjoy it!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
it''s absolutely lovely! i haven''t been over here in awhile but i caught your thread earlier and have been waiting for handshots...just gorgeous!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the new pics!!

Marina

Rough_Rock
I have a question on the smaller stones. Were these provided by Leon or you purchased them separately? Was he the one who recommended to you the sizes of smaller stones? How was the color, clarity an size of smaller stones selected?
Do you leave in NY? I have seen Leon's work on pricescope and I have been thinking of resetting my engagemenet ring but I am hesitant in regard to working with remote jeweler. So any help and advice is appreciated.

acegirlbda

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 7:08:03 PM
Author: Marina
It looks like I can''t send PM through pricescope so I am going to post my questions here if you don''t mind.

I have a question on the smaller stones. Were these provided by Leon or you purchased them separately? Was he the one who recommended to you the sizes of smaller stones? How was the color, clarity an size of smaller stones selected?

Do you leave in NY? I have seen Leon''s work on pricescope and I have been thinking of resetting my engagemenet ring but I am hesitant in regard to working with remote jeweler. So any help and advice is appreciated.

Leon and I didn''t talk about the size of the extra stones. I just told him that the extra ct weight for the Tiffany setting with a 1.77 round stone was 1.21ct...he thought that was too much and the ct weight of my extra stones are 0.17($136) in the halo and 0.50 in square baguettes adding up to 0.67($423). Everything was provided by Leon. I went in and looked at the Tiffany ring again and I don''t see much of a difference. Anyways,I just showed him apicture of the setting I wanted and left everything up to him. I believe the clarity of the stones ar VS and the color is F-G.
I live in Boston but my brother lives in NYC so it was easy for me to meet with Leon and drop off my center stone. Where do you live? If you don''t live close to NYC then I would suggest emailing him a good picture of what you want and discussing the rest on the phone. I would be hesitant to work with anyone else at this point after working with him. Feel free to ask any questions you want, I will be happy to answer them!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Congrats-- what a pretty ring!! I love Leon''s work.

Marina

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info. I am in CA and I usually go to NY once a year so I could meet him for first appointment. Also, I wanted to find where you purchased your center stone, was it also sourced by Leon or you already had it from other vendor?
If you don''t mind me asking, what was the price range that Leon quoted you (minus cost of diamonds). Did the price that he quoted you was your final price or you ended up paying more/less? I understand that everyone raves about quality of his work and based on the pictures that I have seen, I have to agree that he does an amazing job but how pricey is he comparing to other jewelers?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Good Heavens! thank you for the hand pics. That is definitely a Leon.
3.gif
Oh, my word, your ring is just beyond words, so I''ll just drool.
3.gif
18.gif
3.gif
30.gif

shay

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 3:29:07 PM
Thank you for the info. I am in CA and I usually go to NY once a year so I could meet him for first appointment. Also, I wanted to find where you purchased your center stone, was it also sourced by Leon or you already had it from other vendor?
If you don't mind me asking, what was the price range that Leon quoted you (minus cost of diamonds). Did the price that he quoted you was your final price or you ended up paying more/less? I understand that everyone raves about quality of his work and based on the pictures that I have seen, I have to agree that he does an amazing job but how pricey is he comparing to other jewelers?
I recently had my three-stone ring reset by Leon. It was a simple platinum mounting, no pave.

I definitely think his prices are reasonable for a CUSTOM, HAND FABRICATED, PLATINUM mounting, given their superb quality. My mounting cost $1800, but it might be less for one accommodating smaller stones.

I suspect (but am not sure) that money could be saved if you source your own center stone from a good online vendor. For sidestones, I'd want him to source them because he is so persnickety about finding perfectly proportioned sides. (Check out Kaleigh's oval/halfmoon beauty!
30.gif
)

HTH
widget

ETA: I'm in California too and had no problem working with him long distance. (But I'm envious that you might be able to meet with him in person!
1.gif
)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Leon''s work. Your ring is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful. I hope to have a Leon ring in my future, hopefully with a colored stone.

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 3:47:29 PM
Author: widget

If you don''t mind me asking, what was the price range that Leon quoted you (minus cost of diamonds). Did the price that he quoted you was your final price or you ended up paying more/less? I understand that everyone raves about quality of his work and based on the pictures that I have seen, I have to agree that he does an amazing job but how pricey is he comparing to other jewelers?
I recently had my three-stone ring reset by Leon. It was a simple platinum mounting, no pave.

I definitely think his prices are reasonable for a CUSTOM, HAND FABRICATED, PLATINUM mounting, given their superb quality. My mounting cost $1800, but it might be less for one accommodating smaller stones.

I suspect (but am not sure) that money could be saved if you source your own center stone from a good online vendor. For sidestones, I''d want him to source them because he is so persnickety about finding perfectly proportioned sides. (Check out Kaleigh''s oval/halfmoon beauty!
30.gif
)

HTH
widget

ETA: I''m in California too and had no problem working with him long distance. (But I''m envious thay you might be able to meet with him in person!
1.gif
)
widget''s right. I sourced my oval from GOG and had Leon pick the half moons for me. My setting was $1650 and feel I got a great deal on all accounts. The ring is so delicate, and lovely. Any future projects I have will be done by Leon!! Not that I have any, but if I did, LOL!!!!

acegirlbda

Rough_Rock

The center stone is a bit of a story. The first stone my fiance purchased was through Olympic Diamond in NYC...we got an appt with them through someone my fiance found online. Apparently they don''t normally sell to the general public especially "smaller stones" if you know what I mean. Leon actually thought it was quite amusing that we were able to get up there and view stones. Anyways, they set up about 10 stones for us to see and we sat at a table with a loop and got to take our time picking one out. We chose a 1.77ct round G Vs2 stone. We took it to get appraised in Boston and the appraiser said it was more of an Si1 stone. SO my fiance took it to someone else and they said the same thing. My fiance had spent over $15,000 on the stone and was kind of peeved that it was appraising as an Si1 so he sent it back. We spent a long time after that doing more research and we went to NYC again to Olympic and looked at more stones. Their selection wasn''t so great the second time around to we went to the streets and still couldn''t find anything greata nd in our price range. Then one day we were in the Jewelers on Fifth with all of the little booths. We weren''t planning on purchasing from them unless something really amazing popped up b/c those guys can be kind of sketchy. I saw one stone towards the end of our trip but we had had enough and I didn''t ask to see it. Then it was on my mind so the next days we went back and it was a gorgous 1.85ct G Si1 stone that seemed to look a lot better than an Si1. We tried to wheel and deal with the guy but he wanted over $15,000 and my fiance didn''t want to pay that for an Si1 stone. It stayed on our minds for a while b/c it just seemed like such an amazing stone...the grading report looked awesome. We actually contacted the guy who got us the appt at Olympic diamond to see if he could get the same stone cheaper b/c we had seen the stone popping up on certain websites and it was the exact same grading report. It just so happened that this guy was able to contact the actual owner of the stone(b/c they lend the stones out to the booth people ) and the owner sold it to us for $14,400. Then we got it appraised and the guy said it had the most light return he had ever seen and that it looked more like a VS stone...and when Leon looked at it he said it was a VS stone also without me saying anything about it. So there you go..I will ask my fiance the name of the guy who he connected with for all the appts and connections. When it comes down to it you really need to do your research and know exactly what you are looking for in a stone.
I don''t totally remember what Leon wuoated me...I think it was over $5,000 and then it ended up being $4,700 total but that was with everything.
I was quoated more and less than that from people who wouldn''t have done as good of a job so I would just stick with him on this one!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Gongrats, your ring is beautiful. I like Leon''s version better than Tiffany''s.

Marina

Rough_Rock
Thank you for such a detailed answer. That gives me some guidance in terms of pricing. Based on what I have seen, arond $5K for such quality work sounds very reasonable. My only concern is a location. I need to break that psychological barrier of working with someone on ring design remotely. I am hoping that I will be able to schedule an appointment with Leon next time I am in NY.
In regard to the diamond, I would appreciate if you could give me contact info. Also, was it a certified GIA diamond that you ended up buying? Where did you get it appraised and how did you pick your appraiser? I read a lot of info on this forum on each subject and any additional persona experience is very helpful.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
The clean lines on this ring are just so appealing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results