shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst Halloween Candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goCubsgo

Rough_Rock
I HATED Butterfingers.
14.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2009 1:33:53 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Circus peanuts.. (they make my skin crawl).. smarties.. neccos.. those pnut butter hard candies with disgusting dried out pnut butter centers.. and I hate candy corn..
14.gif

Because we don''t get many trick or treaters where we live.. I bought a package of mini play doughs and a box of full size chocolate bars (reeces, hersheys chocolate bars & kit kats, .. I figure if they come into our street, they deserve something good. :)
Where do you live
31.gif
SDL? My kids will be by in a minute
9.gif
!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
No Trick Or Treaters here either ... so the Toblerones are MINE ALL MINE (well, except for the one I''m saving for a certain Canuk
3.gif
)

Would it be wrong to head to Target and buy up ALL the certainly now 1/2 price candy? Yes, I''m pretty sure that would be wrong -- according to my jeans.
7.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bowl full of little packages of Skittles and Starbursts... I had all of three trick-or-treaters this year.

This is about par for the course. You'd think I'd know by now, but some part of me still remembers coming home after a night of trick-or-treating with a plastic pumpkin (or better yet, a pillowcase!) full of sugary goodies, and wishes that today's kids could have the same nonsensical fun. I remember how my brother and I would plan our Halloween route and how we'd keep pushing to go an extra block, even when we were pushing the deadline set by our parents.

Even if they they are all accompanied by their parents these days.

Oh well. I always choose my Halloween treats with two criteria in mind: 1) it's something I wouldn't have been disappointed to get as a child, but not something that I'd be tempted to gorge on as an adult, and 2) my co-workers will like it when I bring it in to the office on the day after.

And for the record, I like black licorice and I miss dum-dums. And I get myself a bag of circus peanuts every -- oh -- every three years of so, and I savor a few and the way they sort of melt in my mouth.... before my stomach reminds me that they're just spun sugar with a tiny bit of very cloying flavoring and a whole lot of color, and I throw the rest away.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 11:38:48 PM
Author: decodelighted
No Trick Or Treaters here either ... so the Toblerones are MINE ALL MINE (well, except for the one I''m saving for a certain Canuk
3.gif
)

Would it be wrong to head to Target and buy up ALL the certainly now 1/2 price candy? Yes, I''m pretty sure that would be wrong -- according to my jeans.
7.gif
I''d love deco.... They are my fave...
18.gif

We didn''t have any trick or Treaters tonight. Good thing, I bought candy I don''t love.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 11:53:34 PM
Author: Kaleigh
3.gif
)
18.gif
Well I''ll have to hold one for you too Lisa! (Saves me a few more calories
3.gif
2.gif
) I''m really wishing you ladies had shown up in costumes though. I''m easy to find: purple house.
23.gif
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I only got maybe 15 Trick or Treaters. Of course, the rain probably contributed to that. I''d given up and was trying to figure out what to do with it when 3 10-year-old girls showed up. SCORE! I unloaded about half of what I had on them, and turned myself into the cool neighbour (they even commented "Man, she had the GOOD candy, too!" when they were leaving). I had about 4 kids after that, and then no more. W

While I still had a little bit of willpower, I threw the rest of the candy out, tied the bag shut, and took it out. I only had to be strong for thirty seconds.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 11:56:42 PM

Date: 10/31/2009 11:53:34 PM

3.gif
)
18.gif
Well I''ll have to hold one for you too Lisa! (Saves me a few more calories
3.gif
2.gif
) I''m really wishing you ladies had shown up in costumes though. I''m easy to find: purple house.
23.gif
9.gif
I get just ONE??? Oh now that will not do, I am hungry. I haven''t had one piece of candy tonight. I have Hubby and son at the world series tonight. Don''t ask we are losing.... Gahhhhhh. I need me a pick me up!!!
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 12:18:38 AM
I get just ONE??? Oh now that will not do, I am hungry. I haven''t had one piece of candy tonight. I have Hubby and son at the world series tonight. Don''t ask we are losing.... Gahhhhhh. I need me a pick me up!!!
3.gif
3.gif
31.gif
Oh you DEF only get one then. Cuz *we* WON! (DH & I were at Game 2
25.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 12:55:27 AM

Date: 11/1/2009 12:18:38 AM
3.gif
3.gif
31.gif
Oh you DEF only get one then. Cuz *we* WON! (DH & I were at Game 2
25.gif
)
11.gif
I still like you. Just don''t rub it in if we lose...
39.gif
If we lose, I want the whole stash...
18.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 12:46:37 AM

3.gif
)

7.gif

Its now 9:43... four minutes ago, two very very very lucky young boys bravely knocked on my door. I opened the door and said.. guess what guys? You just scored big.. Mom was down the sidewalk laughing.. I said thank you for making my whole night.. you get EVERYTHING!!! So between the two of them (about age 9 I''d say), they shared 16 (not 18, because in my lack of trick or treater sadness, I ate two Reeses cup packages) full size candy bars and 20 mini play doughs.. They loved it.

That''s awesome SDL! Those boys must have loved you!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We didn''t have any trick or treaters, but one of my now former students and her family brought over a birthday cake (chocolate with cream cheese frosting) for me. It was a very sweet gesture, no pun intended!
18.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
oh no, I can top all of these I''m pretty sure...didn''t always go trick or treating when younger (not really celebrated here, alot of folks don''t even know what it is).

But this one year was particularly bad, we kept getting apples (guess where they got chucked
31.gif
)!Plus this one house - we didn''t know at the time, but I think it was an old - persons'' care home
40.gif
We had to initially explain to them what Halloween is / meant, then wait patiently for *at least* 5 mins (seemed like an eternity as a kid) whilst they went off to find us a treat. Should be good right, after waiting for so long and being such nice polite kids?..

They came back with....wait for it....those small packets of strawberry jam, and vegemite. I think maybe 3 of ''em. As in, those single-serve packets that you get given on the plane
33.gif

Ya, can you say disappointed?! lol..

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
SDL~ LOL, glad you finally got a couple.

We didn''t hand out candy this year because we were out with JT. In my old town (very small) my house was the very edge of town and faced away from the main road. I''d get maybe 10-12 trick or treaters at Halloween (and they were always the too-old-group). But, I always bought enough candy for at least 50 kids! The first year I handed out candy I left my light on past the "end" of trick or treating. Two kids about 9 bravely walked far from the beaten path and up to my door. They didn''t ring the bell, they just knocked gently. I opened the door and the first little boy says, "I didn''t ring the bell because it''s late, but I noticed your light is still on. We''re on our way home. Trick or treat??" I smiled as I dumped my entire bowl between their two bags. They got all excited and even jumped up and down on my porch. They ran from the porch yelling "see you next year!" And they did. For the next 3 years they''d come to my house just after trick or treating was over and I''d give them everything.

btw-JT only got one roll of smarties. And, he''s decided the worst candy is Whoppers. He mostly received chocolate, like good chocolate, even a Girardelli (sp?)!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The worst Halloween candy? Is leftover Halloween candy! I have a huge pasta serving bowl (you know, one of those 18" wide bowls) full of chocolate candy of all kinds and four more unopened packages in my kitchen cabinet. I figured it was Saturday and we might get bombarded with kids and I didn''t want to run short. We had kids come to the house but not as many as years past. What happened yesterday?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 12:46:37 AM

3.gif
)

7.gif
Its now 9:43... four minutes ago, two very very very lucky young boys bravely knocked on my door. I opened the door and said.. guess what guys? You just scored big.. Mom was down the sidewalk laughing.. I said thank you for making my whole night.. you get EVERYTHING!!! So between the two of them (about age 9 I''d say), they shared 16 (not 18, because in my lack of trick or treater sadness, I ate two Reeses cup packages) full size candy bars and 20 mini play doughs.. They loved it.
aww, that made me laugh! You are so sweet! The weird thing this year is we had Adults trick or treating
6.gif

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god....there are so many

1. PAL bubble gum
2. Necco wafers
3. Smarties (the American kind not Canadian-the Canadian ones are yummy)
4. Safety Pops

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 11:10:39 PM

Date: 10/31/2009 7:56:24 PM
Author: tyty333

Date: 10/31/2009 1:33:53 AM
Circus peanuts.. (they make my skin crawl).. smarties.. neccos.. those pnut butter hard candies with disgusting dried out pnut butter centers.. and I hate candy corn..
14.gif

Because we don't get many trick or treaters where we live.. I bought a package of mini play doughs and a box of full size chocolate bars (reeces, hersheys chocolate bars & kit kats, .. I figure if they come into our street, they deserve something good. :)
Where do you live
31.gif
SDL? My kids will be by in a minute
9.gif
!
Do you know....... I didn't have even ONE trick or treater?
crybaby.gif
I'd have given the first kid who came to my step the entire bowl. We've never before had NONE..
sniffly%20sad.gif

My son went out to walk around.. and my husband took the old paddy wagon downtown for fund raising.. I am sitting here with 18 FULL SIZE candy bars and 20 mini packages of play dough. I can't wait to move out of this neighborhood and into a residential area.. I love these seasons far too much not to enjoy seeing kidlets dress up for trick or treat.
booboo%20lip.gif
You know the weird thing...I live in a very safe residential area and I did not get 1 single trick or treater.
Every year I have lived here I got less and less like the first year I got 10 and now nothing (last year I got 1 person)
I don't even buy candy anymore (I bough like 5 full size in case).

My friends who have kids is saying they aren't letting thier kids go...too many weirdos, so they have parties with all the kids and they are safe and they get all the candy they want.

I think it is pretty sad when I was a kid I remember running home from school and trick or treating with all my little friends (there were like 12 of us)...they will miss out on that.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
HATED:
Caramel Cremes
Cow Tails
Wax Lips
Whoppers
Toothbrushes

LOVED:
Anything with coconut
anything with chocolate (snickers, milky way, 3 musketeers, etc)
Caramel/Indian Corn (brown bottomed candy corn)
Circus Peanuts (though I don''t like them as much anymore!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results