shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst Halloween Candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha omg i love candy corn. throw it all MY WAY.

it's not candy but people used to try to give like apples or little boxes of raisins out. raisins...really??

candy candy...when i was a kid it was probably like an almond joy since i didn't like coconut. now i love them.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
How about the Neapolitan (brown=choc/white=vanilla/pink=strawberry) taffy in the white waxed paper wrapper. Ick. And the peanut butter chewy stuff, which I also think is taffy, is a close second. Can you tell I''m not a fan of taffy!?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The worst for me was the "old lady candies"...those hard sugar-free candies in the cellophane were always losers. Ick. It was almost like someone grabbed a handful on their way out of the doctors office.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
italia i loved the neopolitan candies!! lol

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I pretty much love all candy
3.gif

Growing up we had a dentist that lived on our street. He would give out samples of toothpaste and small brushes
20.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hated (and still do):

Bit o'honey
Licorice (of any kind)
Any hard candy
Fake/cheap candy like the mini tootsie rolls that came in different flavors (I think one was vanilla)
Reece's PB cups

What I loved (and still do):

Anything chocolate -- it can have coconut, peanuts, whatever -- it's all good to me.

ETA: The fake/chap candy mentioned above might be the neopolitans that Mara and Ara Ann talked about. Not sure.

Date: 10/29/2009 7:23:56 PM
Author: MC
Date: 10/29/2009 4:51:29 PM

Author: somethingshiny

Date: 10/29/2009 4:48:39 PM

Author: Cehrabehra

the worst ''candy'' I remember seeing are the little packages that tell your kids that they need to find Jesus... but the worst candy ever is circus peanuts. Okay - it''s not halloween candy but they''re nasty lol

lol. My grandma taught me to roast circus peanuts just like you would marshmallows.

Never got any Jesus candy...
My kids get jesus packets and every year one house gives us a coupon to a free karate class at their studio.

As a I kid, I''m pretty sure I loved all candy. I''ve become more picky as an adult.

My older son loves everything. . . my younger doesn''t like coconut, so I eat his almond joy bars.

honestly, as an adult, I don''t buy candy for trick-or-treaters that I wouldn''t have eaten as a kid- including almond joy bars.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
I was really curious about these "Jesus Candies" you ladies speak of...never seen or heard of them.

Sooo, I went in search of what they are, and stumbled upon this blog.

(*Please Note* There is an F-bomb dropped in the blog, so if you have delicate sensibilities, please overlook the reading material below.)

http://www.holyjuan.com/2007/02/jesus-candy.html

Are the candies pictured the same ones you ladies are talking about?

Apparently, Jesus can be found everywhere...even in Trick-or-Treat pillowcases
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 8:08:06 PM
Author: february2003bride
I pretty much love all candy
3.gif

Growing up we had a dentist that lived on our street. He would give out samples of toothpaste and small brushes
20.gif
My kids LOVE getting stuff like toothpaste. One year, they got little mini-boxes of floss from someone and were thrilled!
1.gif
They also love those floss on a stick things. . .whatever they are called.

Mystra

Rough_Rock
Candy corn!! Ewwwwww!!! No flavor, just straight sugar. Ugh.
14.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hated Good and Plenty (black licorice) and smarties. LOVE Mounds and Almond Joy! If it was not chocolate I threw it out.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I ate all of the candy.
Quickly.
Then I found my sister''s stash and started on hers
11.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t like the taste of candy cigarettes but the boxes were cool and walking around with a candy cig hanging out your mouth was pretty cool too!!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 8:28:52 PM
Author: Vancity
I was really curious about these ''Jesus Candies'' you ladies speak of...never seen or heard of them.

(*Please Note* There is an F-bomb dropped in the blog, so if you have delicate sensibilities, please overlook the reading material below.)

9.gif

OMG!!! I laughed SO HARD when I read that!!! lol, God as a type O, hahahaha... and I still can''t believe the package actually says "Thank you Lord for jelly beans!"

I''m still laughing at that
9.gif

as for what I didn''t like, I didn''t like getting those peanutbutterychewythingys that everyone else seems to dislike as well.

but does anyone remember ''warheads''? I remember not liking those too much but eating them anyway in ''who could last the longest on the really sour one'' competitions with my sisters... weird, I know.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Zoe, I was SO with you on the BitOHoney...

...but Reese''s PB cups????? WHAT??? I specifically told DH to buy a bag and hide them all at the bottom at the trick or treat so I am "surprised" when we have them leftover so I can pig out. He said he''d get me a bag, but I said that wasn''t as fun.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
HATED
- Those orange and black wrapped hard taffy candies, I don't remember what they're called
- Reese's PB cups, BUT, they were really good for trades because everyone else always wanted them
- Almond Joy
- Mounds
- Butterfinger

LOVED
- Tootsie Rolls, especially the fruit flavored kind
- Candy corn, YUM!
- Starburst
- Tootsie Roll Pops (I still love these.)
- Bit o' Honey
- The family that gave away cans of Mountain Dew. I didn't even drink soda, but it made my bag feel so full and heavy.
- The family that gave away handmade ghosts with either a tootsie roll OR a dollar bill wrapped up inside the head. We always saved opening our ghosts until the very end of the night. I got dollar bills two years in a row, I felt so lucky.

I'm not a huge chocolate fan, so I always got a ton of the stuff I loved on trade.
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 8:45:57 PM
Author: swingirl
I didn''t like the taste of candy cigarettes but the boxes were cool and walking around with a candy cig hanging out your mouth was pretty cool too!!
I loved those, too! I didn''t like to eat them but we really did think we looked cool walking around with them. We always got the really skinny chalky ones, never the thicker more realistic gum version.

I can''t believe we used to have candy cigarettes!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I think you must mean a different kind of smartie than we Canadians do. Our smarties are like M&Ms but better. I hated the yucky "kisses'' in orange and black wrappers with witches on them.

Date: 10/29/2009 3:55:59 PM
Author:somethingshiny
What is the WORST Halloween candy that you RECEIVED as a kid??

Smarties were the worst for me. I mean, what says Halloween like rolls of pastel, chalk flavored, powdery ''candy''?? I so infrequently got candy, I ate it anyway.
20.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get FI a pot of black licorice as part of his present for every event - birthday, anniversary, holidays...

It works because as far as candy goes it''s not horrible for you, and he can be sure to get it all for himself because I refuse to touch the stuff
14.gif

I have a terrible chocolate habit, FI jokes that he''s going to wean me off Godiva fruity truffles to something less expensive starting this hallowe''en... he''d better not try, or he''ll have to deal with a crabby, crabby fiancee.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
..anything melted or deformed...straight in the trash.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2009 8:29:55 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Hated Good and Plenty (black licorice) and smarties. LOVE Mounds and Almond Joy! If it was not chocolate I threw it out.
same here !!
14.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew to love Smarties, and to like those peanut butter taffy things!

I''m actually OK with candy corn (there''s sugar in there, right?), but NOT as a Halloween treat!

Real Ughs:

Jolly Rogers
Laffy Taffy
Pixie Sticks
Red Vines

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Hated as a kid when you would get stuff like apples.Pretty much liked all the other stuff...traded the candy off i didnt like for the good stuff like reeses or almond joy.LOVED when people gave you money in your bag...nickels and dimes when i was a kid still could add up tro go towards candy,movies,and comic books!
30.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think Candy Corn is the most disgusting thing ever....

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 1:08:12 AM
Author: VRBeauty
I grew to love Smarties, and to like those peanut butter taffy things!

I''m actually OK with candy corn (there''s sugar in there, right?), but NOT as a Halloween treat!

Real Ughs:

Jolly Rogers
Laffy Taffy
Pixie Sticks
Red Vines
loved all those - ESPECIALLY Laffy Taffy!!!!!!!!!

Jolly Rogers? Do you mean Jolly Ranchers? If you did, I still love those
18.gif

I also LOVED getting Now & Laters (the really hard, chewy ones
9.gif
)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
ROFL @ the Jesus Candy! That is seriously awesome.

I may be the only one, but I LIKED getting apples and pencils and crap like that. I was never much for candy, even as a child.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 8:28:52 PM
Author: Vancity
I was really curious about these ''Jesus Candies'' you ladies speak of...never seen or heard of them.

9.gif

There are a *few* families around here who think us devil worshiping people who take their children out trick or treating need some intervention... sometimes you''ll see a special wrapper on a chocolate bar (like the whole congregation pitched in) and sometimes you''ll find a little printed sack with jesus on it and inside is a prayer and sometimes even something anti-halloween, telling the kids how to find the lord in their church. Sometimes they tape a piece of candy on, one time there was a penny with some message about something or other... we see them a lot and it just seems to me that you can opt OUT of participating if you are anti-halloween as some people I''ve met are. No biggie! But why ruin it for others? Oh right... to save me from that "drag me to hell"
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another for Candy Corn.

And Tootsie rolls. When I dumped out my bag, there were always a ton, and I felt it was poo pellets among the loot. I am giving out candy for the first time this year (I didn''t before because I lived in a secure apt) and I bought mostly good stuff (chocolate). But I did buy a giant variety pack which includes tootsie rolls which I will give to obnoxious older kids.
11.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
There is no bad Halloween candy!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results