shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst Halloween Candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I never liked getting hard candies or anything black-licorice-flavored.

Any house that gave Reese''s PB Cups, Kit Kats, or basic Hershey''s chocolate was a winner in my book. I also had an affinity for the mini-boxes of Nerds.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Worst Halloween Candy:
Black Licorice
Mounds/Almond Joy/anything with coconut
Mary Janes
Bit O'' Honey
NECCO wafers
Candy Corn

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
black licorice and raisins (not very original sorry).

apples..not a candy, but i hated getting that. That or anything that obviously won''t pass the parent check.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
what is bit o'' honey?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bit o honey, MMMMMMMM!
It''s funny because I like most of everyone else''s least favorite candy. More for me! MWUAHAHAHAHAAA!

bitohoneypsssss.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sad at all the candy corn hate. I LOVE candy corn! I''m always trying to find some outside of the Halloween season so I can get my fix.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 12:58:27 PM
Author: Haven
Bit o honey, MMMMMMMM!
It''s funny because I like most of everyone else''s least favorite candy. More for me! MWUAHAHAHAHAAA!
never had those but if they have honey I''d probably like them

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Good and Plenty and Necco wafers
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 12:58:27 PM
Author: Haven
Bit o honey, MMMMMMMM!

It's funny because I like most of everyone else's least favorite candy. More for me! MWUAHAHAHAHAAA!

I LOVE BIT O HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Another for Candy Corn.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
never got these for halloween but I just hate them - and I hate the smell even more!!!!!!

Circus peanuts!!!! blechhhhhh
40.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 1:20:20 PM
Author: Bia
never got these for halloween but I just hate them - and I hate the smell even more!!!!!!

40.gif
Those are so sick. Never tasted anything more vile.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love Bit O Honey and Necco wafers!

JT got smarties at preschool today, (note, I hate them) he ate one and got this terrible look on his face. He asked if he HAD to eat them. I stand by my original declaration, Smarties are disgusting!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I hated to get:
- The peanutbutter-y chewy stuff pretty much everyone else hates too
- Black licorice
- Cheap hard candy
- Popeye sticks (they still made them with the red "cigarette" tips back then!)
- Cheap lollypops
- Jelly beans
- Chewing gum.

I'm kind of picky about candy though! I love chocolate and enjoy fruity chews, but otherwise... meh.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
When I was younger, I really hated tootsie rolls. I like them now but back then I''d only eat the ones that were flavored (the vanilla, strawberry and lemon mmmmm).
There was some thing I remember.... it was in a yellow wrapper... with red wording... I never would eat it just b/c the packaging looked cheap
20.gif
I wasn''t high maintenance or anything (in my sam and libby leather flats with black half tight shorts).

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 9:50:52 PM
Author: Elmorton
Zoe, I was SO with you on the BitOHoney...

...but Reese''s PB cups????? WHAT??? I specifically told DH to buy a bag and hide them all at the bottom at the trick or treat so I am ''surprised'' when we have them leftover so I can pig out. He said he''d get me a bag, but I said that wasn''t as fun.

El -- I know, my husband doesn''t get it either. I like PB in moderation, and I just started eating it a couple years ago. I like the *idea* of chocolate and PB, but the taste is often just *okay* to me. Odd perhaps.
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s weird, I don''t like candy corn (wayyyyyy too sweet), but it doesn''t stop me from grabbing a handful every now and then.

Oh and NECCO wafers are icky, too.

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Black licorice
14.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto candy corn. I don''t think I ever ate those.
Didn''t like it when people tried to make it more personal and hand out cookies, or candy apples. We weren''t allowed to eat anything not wrapped in plastic for fear of razor blades being hidden in them.

Loved Reese''s peanut butter cups, toffee, Mars bars... Really, pretty much anything else. Sour kids were great too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unhappy with:

Licorice period.
Anything with peanut butter butter.
Any type of taffy
Original tootsie rolls
Cheap 'off brand' candy
Lolipops or hard candy any flavor other than grape
Anything homemade or not wrapped in store wrapping (wasn't allowed to eat them, and I love apples. SO sad to see them thrown out!)

Everything else was good, but my favorites were plain chocolate, smarties (I love'em), nerds and other fruit flavored candies like skittles or starburst and grape ring pops , jelly belly's, gummy bears or worms, or anything sour.

T-gal, you summed up exactly how I feel about tooties rolls: doo doo. Although I like the fruit flavored ones.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I agree that the little wanna be peanut butter in the black and orange wrapper was the nastiest. I also didn''t like chick-o-stick, but I like them now. I mostly was after anything chocolate because you didn''t get much of it.

My mom gave away pencils one year. I was mortified! I was upset with her for days.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think those Peanut Butter taffy things people hated were "Mary Janes" ... didn't like them myself ... also loathed NECCO wafers, wax lips, weird flavors of Tootsie Rolls (vanilla? strawberry? blech), and BAZOOKA JOE (cheapskates!).

Have periods when I'm into Candy Corn - but quickly tire of it. Thank goodness. We usually get the same half-dozen girls every year. No more, no less ... the same neighborhood posse. One year I bought them fun lipglosses. This year I bought them Toblerone bars. I discovered them at about their age (10-14) and its my fave candy to this day. American chocolate pales in comparison. C'mon!
3.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Decooooo! Send me all of your vanilla tootsie rolls please thank you very much

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 3:55:59 PM
Author:somethingshiny
What is the WORST Halloween candy that you RECEIVED as a kid??

Smarties were the worst for me. I mean, what says Halloween like rolls of pastel, chalk flavored, powdery ''candy''?? I so infrequently got candy, I ate it anyway.
20.gif
I had to respond because I was eating a roll of Smarties when I opened your post...lol....I bought them along with the rest of the Halloween candy but I bought them for me!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2009 5:11:00 PM
Author: decodelighted
I think those Peanut Butter taffy things people hated were ''Mary Janes'' ... didn''t like them myself ... also loathed NECCO wafers, wax lips, weird flavors of Tootsie Rolls (vanilla? strawberry? blech), and BAZOOKA JOE (cheapskates!).

Have periods when I''m into Candy Corn - but quickly tire of it. Thank goodness. We usually get the same half-dozen girls every year. No more, no less ... the same neighborhood posse. One year I bought them fun lipglosses. This year I bought them Toblerone bars. I discovered them at about their age (10-14) and its my fave candy to this day. American chocolate pales in comparison. C''mon!
3.gif
I''m comin to your place!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 1:28:45 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 10/30/2009 1:20:20 PM

Author: Bia

40.gif

Those are so sick. Never tasted anything more vile.

+1
14.gif

I''m also in the "candy corn is beef-nasty" camp

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 6:08:38 PM
Author: dianne

Smarties were the worst for me. I mean, what says Halloween like rolls of pastel, chalk flavored, powdery ''candy''?? I so infrequently got candy, I ate it anyway.
20.gif
I had to respond because I was eating a roll of Smarties when I opened your post...lol....I bought them along with the rest of the Halloween candy but I bought them for me!!
Me too, I love smarties!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 7:02:41 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 10/30/2009 6:08:38 PM
Author: dianne

20.gif
Me too, I love smarties!!!
They are so addicting. I''ll eat rolls of them before I quit and my tongue will feel raw...LOL...and they do taste a bit like the orange baby aspirin I had as a kid, but who didn''t like the orange baby aspirin? Sounds weird, I know, but I love them!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Love candy corn, Smarties and Reeses PB

But the best is French Burnt Peanuts !!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 4:00:58 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I forgot about the raisins!! I despise raisins!
especially when they still have a little hard piece of stem!!!! ick!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results