shape
carat
color
clarity

Workmanship opinions on this ring

lyndeenaj

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I custom ordered this ring and would like opinions on the quality of the workmanship. I am picking the ring up and paying tonight, and I want to make sure I am purchasing a quality ring. Thank you for your help.

_3547.jpeg

_1173.png

_1174.png

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There's no reasonable way to evaluate workmanship from a photograph. Get it appraised when you have it in hand. There's a list of appraisers all about the country under the 'resources' tab at the top of the page.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI lyndeenaj,
Welcome to Pricescope!
Appraisal can be a very good idea- but I would ask what areas of quality specifically you're concerned about.
For example- if you're wondering about the quality of the diamond, does it have a GIA report?
Not that anyone can "appraise" the ring by looking at it online- but understanding your consideration may help us to give you the right questions to ask.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As Neil said, you really can't evaluate the ring from these photos. I assume you'll have a return period? Use that time to get an appraisal from a professional.

One thing you can do is check to make sure the head is on straight - that it's perfectly perpendicular to the shank. In the first photo it looks like it might be slightly askew, but in all likelihood that's the result of the angle at which the picture was taken or something.

lyndeenaj

Rough_Rock
I purchased the diamond separately and I am very happy with the quality of the diamond. I would like to know if I should be concerned about anything when I am picking up the ring, or anything I need to check on specifically. Does it look to fragile to wear everyday? Should I he concerned about how the diamond is mounted to the shank? Is the cathedral too big? Basically, does it appear to be a good, quality ring?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here’s a few things to look for. You should be concerned that all stones are set securely, evenly, and are undamaged. You should be sure that the stone matches the prior paperwork. You should make sure the other stones match the grades claimed and that the prongs aren’t snagging. All seats should be secure both against the crown and pavilions of all stones. All polished surfaces should be well polished and there should be no stray tool marks visible on the piece. The sides should be both symmetrical and matched. There should be no structural problems with any of the welds. The size should be correct and the shank should be even. The casting should be free of porosity and the karatage of the metal should test out to be what it’s claimed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results