carat
color
clarity

Women who have unrealistic expectations

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1458864077|4010635 said:
Gosh, I should have checked back, explained myself and help smooth some ruffled feathers.

When I said my "friend" is now 42, overweight, single....I did not mean being overweight as a failure. I should have explained that even in her 20's her young tight body was the only thing going for her as far as I was concerned. She was a friend by association, someone that I met as a part of a group of friends I hung out with. Guys that were initially interested to her banging hot bod, quickly distanced themselves once they found out how superficial and materialistic she was. Even to this day, she would ask to be set up with guys above a certain income level. Well, most guys at her approved income level are what we would call sugar daddies, and she no longer meets their "unrealistic expectations" of being a young hot thing!

jaysonsmom, I just want to note that I didn’t take offense to you saying your friend/acquaintance is overweight, even though I referenced it as offensive in my response to AdaBeta27. I inferred exactly what you elaborated on here when I read your post.

I got that saying she is overweight and alone was specific to your example of that woman, and needed to be taken in context. A woman who declares she will only date men of a certain profession and income, with no or little consideration of anything else, is shallow. If she were successful in attracting a mate who met her requirements, it’s a fairly safe bet that he would have similar shallow expectations. Following the stereotype, that she be (American society’s standardized version of) hot, which typically includes being thin. The fact that she has not remained thin suggests her disconnect with reasonably balancing her expectations with what she brings to (that kind of) relationship herself, which ties in to the premise of this thread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results