shape
carat
color
clarity

With the help of everyone here, final choice between these 2!

Gav

Rough_Rock
Second pic looks a bit cloudy and hazy?

Steve88

Shiny_Rock
Second pic looks a bit cloudy and hazy?

How do I tell if it’s cloudy or hazy?? I’ll try to take better pics later

Gav

Rough_Rock
I’ll leave it to the experts as I am a novice like you .. not sure if the table is reflecting something else but it doesn’t look very clear...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok maybe you need to check that it’s clean... if you even touched the diamond with your fingers, you may have left some body oils behind. You can use a soft toothbrush and some cleaning stuff (Dawn? I personally use my handwash) and gently clean the diamonds part. Rem to clean the underside as well. Then after drying try again.

If you are going to appraiser I think should probably have ultrasonic and steam to do a more thorough clean.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see what is being said but as @icy_jade pointed out I would make sure its squeaky clean first.

BGD and DK recommends a warm clean wash with a dollop of Dawn (blue) soap and soft bristle (baby) toothbrush including the obvious areas and nooks and crannies.

What is your overall feel? Do you love it? Does it sparkle as much as you thought? Does it exceed your expectations and make you go wow?

The overall ring looks great! And I learned it is very hard to photograph diamonds. So many times they look much, much better in person than in pictures.

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
::::::JAW DROP::::: wowowowowow irs beautiful!!! I love it!! And you took a great pic!!! I could see the haziness before but now it looks super clear!!!!! Must have been angle before. (Is that even the right terminology?? )

Lucky gal!! When are you proposing ????

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous @Steve88! Great pics and great choice. Hope you are happy!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!

Steve88

Shiny_Rock
::::::JAW DROP::::: wowowowowow irs beautiful!!! I love it!! And you took a great pic!!! I could see the haziness before but now it looks super clear!!!!! Must have been angle before. (Is that even the right terminology?? )

Lucky gal!! When are you proposing ????

In two weeks! definitely will keep this thread updated!

Looks gorgeous @Steve88! Great pics and great choice. Hope you are happy!

Very happy and all thanks to you!

Steve88

Shiny_Rock
BTW, I see a few appraisers in New York near me. Does anyone have any one they would recommend and also an estimate of how much an appraisal might be?? Need to make sure the diamond matches the GIA report

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Really gorgeous! Congratulations on your upcoming proposal. (Hand shots when she says yes)

twang07

Shiny_Rock
95F8D438-FF6D-42ED-ACF0-CF48D23327DA.jpeg 26744028-F3D5-4519-9721-8F28CEE98CAA.jpeg Okay @sledge you’re right! It’s so much harder to take a picture of a diamond than I thought. After taking a better look of the ring outside in the sun, I love it! My picture taking skills definitely need some work...

It's gorgeous and yes photographing diamonds is the hardest thing ever! This was a great photo! And it's stunning!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! She's going to be thrilled. I'm in NY too and would recommend using David Wolf who is PS recommended: https://justappraisers.com/

Steve88

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! She's going to be thrilled. I'm in NY too and would recommend using David Wolf who is PS recommended: https://justappraisers.com/
Thank you!! Looks like I'll be going to David Wolf for the appraisal! Few questions,

1. How much does an appraisal usually cost?
2. Since the point of an appraisal is to get the diamonds worth, should I consider returning the diamond if the appraisal comes out to a lot less than what I paid for?
3. Is a proper appraisal needed for insurance? Yadav offered an appraisal with an extra $60 dollar charge but I thought it would be more unbiased by going to a third party appraiser.

Thanks!

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!! Looks like I'll be going to David Wolf for the appraisal! Few questions,

2. Since the point of an appraisal is to get the diamonds worth, should I consider returning the diamond if the appraisal comes out to a lot less than what I paid for?
3. Is a proper appraisal needed for insurance? Yadav offered an appraisal with an extra $60 dollar charge but I thought it would be more unbiased by going to a third party appraiser.

Thanks!

It seems that appraisers always inflate the price? All my friends have told me their diamonds have appraised for at least 10K more (some were 20K more than they paid). I don't think any of us got a "great deal" on our diamonds so I feel like that's just what appraisers do? Seems like it's annoying because it just pushes the insurance premium up??

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks!

The cost of appraisal varies, I believe - when you call to setup an appointment, ask how much they will charge.

I really wouldn't expect your appraisal to come in a lot less since they usually take into consideration market pricing.

An appraisal is needed for insurance - there are some companies like Jewelers Mutual that vendors like WF and BN work with directly so all they need is an invoice, but I don't think they'll accept that from just anyone.

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
The cost of appraisal varies, I believe - when you call to setup an appointment, ask how much they will charge.

I really wouldn't expect your appraisal to come in a lot less since they usually take into consideration market pricing.

An appraisal is needed for insurance - there are some companies like Jewelers Mutual that vendors like WF and BN work with directly so all they need is an invoice, but I don't think they'll accept that from just anyone.

Does anyone know of an appraisal that will come in lower? Or can you just ask any appraiser for a lower amount? Looking for a lower premium.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's not in your area but Dave Atlas is well respected on here. Looks like about $200 for his appraisal fee. I suspect this is onpar with most others.

https://datlas.com/fees/

FYI, I just picked up my paperwork from my (future) inlaws as I had the ring shipped there the day I proposed with the ring (time crunch issue). Anyhow, DK did a custom setting for me and I noticed I had an appraisal for the main stone + setting included without me even asking.

It was slightly more than I paid, but not a stupid amount higher.

Steve88

Shiny_Rock
Just a quick update! I got way too excited when I first received the ring to put up a proper unboxing of my order. So far, ordering from Yadav has been excellent. The ring came in a small leather pouch with a beautiful ring box. I also took my time to take some better pictures (indoors & outdoors). Please excuse my gross fingers haha

IMG_7545.jpg IMG_7543.jpg IMG_7544.jpg IMG_7542.jpg IMG_7541.jpg IMG_7540.jpg IMG_7522.jpg

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Simply divine...congratulations...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results