shape
carat
color
clarity

Window shopping for pearls...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1378566185|3516219 said:
Icy_Jade -- to quote Tony Horton in his P90X video regarding "Ab-Ripper X" (a killer ab workout):

"I hate you, and I love you".

Why are you tempting us?! If you were a pendant of mine, you'd be the "Temptress Goddess".

I'm referring specifically to that torsade. That is just heavenly and I really think it would be beautiful on me. (sighs...)

In my defense, I am just an IF. LOL. Hmm... Love hate relationship eh? Getting a bit complicated haha. :lol:

I like the torsade too. But it can't be that hard to make a similar one I think... One of the regular vendors should be able to help... Perhaps PP? You need more specs? I can dig out the translation.

Update: Oh the pearl sizes are already indicated on the pics posted. :D

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I probs shouldn't. But specs can't hurt, right?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1378578608|3516319 said:
I probs shouldn't. But specs can't hurt, right?

_9714.jpg

The pearl sizes are indicated on the pic posted. :D

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade,
I fully understand your intention to share from the beginning. I was just expressing how I feel about certain pieces. :) I notice most designs from Asia seem more interesting than what is offered in the US. Although some of those designs are more ornate (the Asian designs). They certainly look too formal and not for everyday wear. It's a shame to spend so much money to be able to wear those pieces only once or twice a year. But if I have a lot of money I guess it doesn't matter. haha.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom said:
icy_jade,
I fully understand your intention to share from the beginning. I was just expressing how I feel about certain pieces. :) I notice most designs from Asia seem more interesting than what is offered in the US. Although some of those designs are more ornate (the Asian designs). They certainly look too formal and not for everyday wear. It's a shame to spend so much money to be able to wear those pieces only once or twice a year. But if I have a lot of money I guess it doesn't matter. haha.

Those convertible enhancers are USD80. Not for everyday wear but at that price, I am ok for them to be a less frequent wear item. : :tongue: Think only some of the bigger tahitians and akoya pieces cost a bit more. The rest of the pieces posted mostly don't cost that much.

Hopefully design wise more variety will be offered in the US. Certainly with the recent specials PP seems to be offering more designs.

Mmm... Actually in Asia even if you wear ornate pieces in some circles it's not too unusual. E.g. at work nearly everyone carries a luxury handbag... Was rather taken aback when I went to my US office and observed the differences. Plus it's a cultural thing I guess... At least that is how I explain why I have a weakness for detailed and ornate jewellery like those by Cindy Chao... :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I wear my pearls everywhere but the gym.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I meant these earrings or some of the Jewelmer designs you posted in the other thread. I wear my pearls everywhere except the shower, bed, and when I exercise (except diamond studs with screw posts). I don't wear my regular watch when I exercise either, except for the Garmin that tracks running distance, time.

_9722.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1378562389|3516191 said:
LitGeek|1378555314|3516148 said:
icy jade that is some beautiful eye candy! That ring is just ~WOW~ huge!!! Gorgeous though :love: :love: :love: I too would love a huge pearl ring...hoping to fit one in my budget next year :twirl: Have you been wearing your beautiful birdie ring? I saw a post a while back that you were concerned about how the pearls would wear...it is much too pretty to be sitting in a jewelry box :mrgreen:

Erm, not much to be honest. Mix of not having matching clothes, and preferring to keep my fingers free at work, and just not wanting to worry about them. But I still enjoy seeing them. :D

Hope you get your pearl ring soon. We all need a Flygirl equivalent right? :lol:
You are so sweet, icy_jade. I love the pearly eye candy in this thread. I would personally never wear most of these pieces, but I love looking at them. And, like I said, you are training yourself in what you like and what you don't. In a few months you should go back through these threads, and see which pieces have staying power.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, yes...the good, the bad, and the ugly...doesn't matter, I enjoy seeing them all :loopy: :lol:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen Fiji Pearls' keshi strand? I've never seen a keshi strand that beautiful. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it. You can see it on their facebook page also.

fiji_keshi_strand.jpg

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
icy_jade,
I like almost all of the pieces, you posted - the torsade is just beautiful - and I think, sometimes it is so good, to wear something, what other people do not have! Where I live, it is also not usual, to wear such ornate jewelry, but I do not care! Why shouldn't I wear it, if I like it?
I think, the enhancers are really beautiful, and with that it is just possible to "update" a usual FW strand for the evening! It is like put on more make-up for the evening, if I leave my office, and go for a drink after work! And I really can imagine, to wear a little black dress (or evey other colored dress), with such a piece of jewelry! Why not? The most important is, not to overdo with the allover apperiance!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom|1378603707|3516506 said:
Have you seen Fiji Pearls' keshi strand? I've never seen a keshi strand that beautiful. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it. You can see it on their facebook page also.

The Fiji Pearls colors take my breath away, they are just so beautiful!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1378603707|3516506 said:

Gulp. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the price too...
http://www.fijipearls.com/ecatalogue/1-j-hunter-line/fiji-keshi-strand/

Thanks for sharing, it is a gorgeous piece indeed. Sigh,too bad we don't have unlimited funds... :nono:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@bsomlo: My pearls are more for the office... Weekends I only wear pearls sometimes. So I tend to prefer slightly more formal pieces I guess. Gives a bit more mileage.

@HHPmom: Haha I won't wear most of the bejeweled pieces either but some do look quite gorgeous, almost like admiring an art piece (and that is honestly how I feel about some of the luxury pieces that I love). :love:
Btw I don't like those earrings too. :lol: its too... "auntie"... :rolleyes:

@Fly Girl and @LitGeek: Glad you ladies enjoy the pics. That's the point of this thread really.

As for the pieces that I would buy if I am not on a budget...
- the torsade (it's less than USD200, really quite affordable)
- an enhancer (USD80)
- the peacock drop earrings (just cos it looks so pretty tho its a tad small) :love:
- the tahitian lariat (maybe - not quite into the colours but I like the design)
- the tahitian triple pendant (maybe, just as a casual piece for weekends)
- the akoyas strands in the variety of colours... Just to have one of each colour :lol:
- the tahitian ring from Hong Kong (in the glamour shot, not on my finger - prefer a more interesting pearl if possible)
- the Keira Knightley strand...
- Fiji keshis only if it comes in a rope.

@dkata: So true re: wearing what you love.
And that is what I thought about the enhancers - great for Friday drinks/cocktails, and also to get more mileage out of otherwise fairly boring round strands... ;-)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, think today I am in the mood for more delicate, girlish and/or pretty designs. IMHO, feels like stuff that perhaps more suited for those in their early 20s or late teens could wear, but hey since I am not very girly, I could be wrong. :cheeky:

_9741.jpg

The pearl part can be removed so that you can just wear the flower as a stud:

_9742.jpg

_9743.jpg

_9744.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Like this:

And with necklace:

Another sort of like the famous Easter eggs:

_9745.jpg

_9746.jpg

_9747.jpg

_9748.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies, if any of you plan to PM me for links, pls let me know your online nickname k? If possible, I would rather share the links with PS-ers, especially the active ones cos there is a good chance I can see more pics of the beauties... :lol: selfish reasons aside, I think it's only fair to give first dibs to those who have been actively sharing and posting.

Thanks for your understanding!
:wavey:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Douglas McLaurin's Sea of Cortez pearl was one of a kind.

_9774.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1378748135|3517322 said:

I so wish it were mine! Does anyone own the piece Hisano made or is it for show? If I were granted a wish to choose any one pearl pendant for my own, that necklace would certainly be the one :love: :love: :love:

For anyone who hasn't seen this, here is a blog post from PP on that beautiful necklace:
http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2013/03/the-matryoshka-cortez-pearl-necklace/

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1378751550|3517356 said:
NacreLover|1378748135|3517322 said:

I so wish it were mine! Does anyone own the piece Hisano made or is it for show? If I were granted a wish to choose any one pearl pendant for my own, that necklace would certainly be the one :love: :love: :love:

For anyone who hasn't seen this, here is a blog post from PP on that beautiful necklace:
http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2013/03/the-matryoshka-cortez-pearl-necklace/

Jeremy bought that matryoshka pearl specifically for Hisano. We ruckusers were there that year (NacreLover, 4RanchGirl, Pattye, me, etc.)

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom|1378756068|3517383 said:
Jeremy bought that matryoshka pearl specifically for Hisano. We ruckusers were there that year (NacreLover, 4RanchGirl, Pattye, me, etc.)

You lucky ruckusers!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
All from Manapearl. Gorgeous stuff.... :love:

If I ever need a color graduated bracelet...

And btw I was introduced to the world of rainbow colour graduated strands from Manapearl...

_9811.jpg

_9812.jpg

_9813.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Btw I had to remove the logo before posting... :tongue:

Forum rules right?

This is so unusual, I thought I'd better post 2 pics:

And other bracelets...

_9814.jpg

_9815.jpg

_9816.jpg

_9817.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
For those who prefer a more simple look:

Loads of colour on this one:

And some nice blues and greens:

And finally the long strand of keshi I've ever seen online:

Hope you enjoyed this batch of eye candy. :wavey:

_9818.jpg

_9819.jpg

_9820.jpg

_9821.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful. Heavy on the peacock, which is my favorite. :cheeky:

Thank you for the eye candy, icy_jade.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade I never tire of seeing Tahitians! I especially love those color graduated strands :love: :love: :love:

PearlGem

Rough_Rock
Icy Jade, they're just lovely and unique. You window shopping quite often, how do you resist the temptation? :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
PearlGem said:
Icy Jade, they're just lovely and unique. You window shopping quite often, how do you resist the temptation? :lol:

Honestly... Going on cold turkey now. :errrr:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
PearlGem|1379998155|3526126 said:
Icy Jade, your wallet may hate me, are you interested in the Singapore Jewellery & Gem Fair (12 - 15 October 2013)? http://www.sja.org.sg/archives/1173

That's why I am on cold turkey. Need some stash for the fair! Already registered!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results