shape
carat
color
clarity

Window shopping for pearls...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Still online shopping and thought to share this unusual piece. Really reminds me of the Keira Knightley baroque pearls that I love :love: :love: :love:

Here is the lovely original inspiration:

Close-up:

And here is what I found online:

These are supposed to be 12.3 to 15.7mm.

What do you ladies think?

_9371.jpg

_9372.jpg

_9373.jpg

_9374.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It looks similar, but Keira's strand is silvery, and the proposed strand has an overall creamy coloration. Personally, I look a whole lot better in silvery white, rather than creamy white, so I would keep looking. If you look good in creamy white, then it would give you a lot of the look of Keira's strand.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1377612768|3510596 said:
It looks similar, but Keira's strand is silvery, and the proposed strand has an overall creamy coloration. Personally, I look a whole lot better in silvery white, rather than creamy white, so I would keep looking. If you look good in creamy white, then it would give you a lot of the look of Keira's strand.

Agree! Plus i prefer a bit more tahitians in the mx. So this is staying on the window shopping list. Oh and the US$8.5k tag is a bit of a deterrent too. :lol:

Also came across this strand. I prefer the pearl mix/colour but not the size or shapes of these keshis. At a bit less than 1k, it is a little tempting. Size: 9.1 -12.2 mm.

But still... Not quite right.

Anyway, so the hunt continues... And that is really half of the fun ya? Thrill of the chase, etc. :D

_9379.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Next there is HHPmom's lovely Easter eggs pendant.

And I came upon this tahitian version:

Again, not quite so this is another window shopping item.

_9380.jpg

_9381.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I have been dreaming about KN's necklace since I saw it on Pinterest awhile back :love: :love: I came very close to having a similar one made up, but I opted to go with a different design instead. I should have a photo of what I chose in the next few days :naughty: But, this one is still at the top of my wish list :wink2: Someday...

The luster on those keshi' are superb!!! I really like their shapes and colors, but I would want them made into stacked bracelets 8-)

Love the grape cluster of tahitians :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek said:
I have been dreaming about KN's necklace since I saw it on Pinterest awhile back :love: :love: I came very close to having a similar one made up, but I opted to go with a different design instead. I should have a photo of what I chose in the next few days :naughty: But, this one is still at the top of my wish list :wink2: Someday...

The luster on those keshi' are superb!!! I really like their shapes and colors, but I would want them made into stacked bracelets 8-)

Love the grape cluster of tahitians :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

Yes, the strand ranks high on my list too. But I think the size/length I want won't be cheap or that easy to find so let's see how (fat necks are a pain). But increasingly looking more attractive than a classic white SSP strand (unless its one of those Paspaley ones).

What did you get??? Omg so curious.
:twirl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade I am not sure anything could come close to KN's 20mm strand, but a 16mm strand would make me REALLY happy though :lol:

Like bsomlo I would rather show than tell...I promise to post a photo as soon as PP gets it to me. They have been super busy with their sale, but I hope to have it very soon!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, this is bad... Since I can't stop window shopping I keep coming across stuff that catch my eye, like this baroque tahitian (for pendant?)...

Size: 15.7*11.7mm

Not perfect but such an interesting shape and colour! :love:

At less than USD100, definitely tempting...

_9516.jpg

_9517.jpg

_9518.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Another one, this time a biggie...

Size: 19.2*16.1mm
Colour seems a bit... Dullish?

_9519.jpg

_9520.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This a more regular shape but with a much bigger price tag...

Size: 18*17mm

_9521.jpg

_9522.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I found this intriguing cos of the bands of colour...

Size: 17*12.7mm

_9523.jpg

_9524.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Similarly the banded colours on this double pendant looks interesting:

10-12mm

_9525.jpg

_9526.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Are you taking votes? If so, I vote for #1. What a cutie! I like the pearls in #5, but would prefer either of them as a single.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
2 strands of pistachio-mixed banded colours... One 10-11mm and the other is 10-12mm:

_9527.jpg

_9528.jpg

_9529.jpg

_9530.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
All not quite what I am looking for yet tempting I guess.

And a few others that I am seriously considering, sigh. :nono:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
One word -- gorgeous.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1378048389|3513241 said:
Are you taking votes? If so, I vote for #1. What a cutie! I like the pearls in #5, but would prefer either of them as a single.

Sure, I love to hear what you ladies think. It does get rather lonely window shopping online.
:lol:

#1 is a tad small for a tahitian pendant that I would like to have (eventually). If its around 18 mm it would be quite perfect. The current size is about the same as my tahitian earrings so yeah, I think I would like bigger.

The pistachio strands are tempting for the interesting mix of colours. And they can be combined for a rope. My current fav length.
Budget is limited tho and there are others that I am eyeing so they are on my KIV list. :sick:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1378046701|3513234 said:

I vote for this one :love: :love: :love: The colors are so lovely and the shape just makes me happy...kind of reminds me of a matryoshka doll. IF you decide you are not interested in this one, please pass the info along to me ;)) You can PM me on the other forum. I totally love window shopping and enabling :lol:, so please show us more :wavey:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I usually don't post much but I have to say something when I saw your post. If you have not tried on a pistachio strand I would strongly suggest waiting to try them on IRL before buying online. Asian coloring is hard to match with pistachio. The stronger green may look better but pale pistachio may blend in with your complexion. Don't rush. I know it's hard.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1378051549|3513267 said:
icy_jade|1378046701|3513234 said:

I vote for this one :love: :love: :love: The colors are so lovely and the shape just makes me happy...kind of reminds me of a matryoshka doll. IF you decide you are not interested in this one, please pass the info along to me ;)) You can PM me on the other forum. I totally love window shopping and enabling :lol:, so please show us more :wavey:

Mmm I thought of the cortez pearl that PP got when I saw it.

Can't compare but hey I can't afford the cortez either... :roll:

I am seriously thinking... But hope to see something in person at the Oct show. Will definitely share the details with you if I decide that the pearl is not for me.

If I do get, do you think the 3 pearls combined (along with the 2 pearl pendant) will be too much? :confused:

Thanks for being a pearl enabler! :lol:

_9546.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom said:
I usually don't post much but I have to say something when I saw your post. If you have not tried on a pistachio strand I would strongly suggest waiting to try them on IRL before buying online. Asian coloring is hard to match with pistachio. The stronger green may look better but pale pistachio may blend in with your complexion. Don't rush. I know it's hard.

I am trying very hard... Which is why I haven't gotten this green strand of akoya that I saw even before PP brought theirs back...

But it's like completing a collection... Y'know, whites, blues, pinks, and green? :knockout:

_9547.jpg

_9548.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade I think that the matryoshka pearl (I have named it that, haha) would be beauitful all on its own because of its size. I think I would wear it all by itself. Oh and to put it with some colored gems like Hisano did would be incredibly beautiful!!!

I do love those pistachio akoyas...fortunately for me I cannot wear pastel green. 4ranch girl and nacrelover did say those pistachios were amazing!!!

With all of these lovely pearls that you keep finding, how will you ever make it until October without buying??? :loopy:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1378131190|3513516 said:
icy jade I think that the matryoshka pearl (I have named it that, haha) would be beauitful all on its own because of its size. I think I would wear it all by itself. Oh and to put it with some colored gems like Hisano did would be incredibly beautiful!!!

I do love those pistachio akoyas...fortunately for me I cannot wear pastel green. 4ranch girl and nacrelover did say those pistachios were amazing!!!

With all of these lovely pearls that you keep finding, how will you ever make it until October without buying??? :loopy:

Ughhh... (Mentally suppress urge to buy buy buy!!!). I really don't know. Maybe stop window shopping? Sigh. You should see my bookmarks of pearls. Mmm I do tell myself that I will be so sad if I have no funds to buy amazing pearls at the Oct show, but then some of these online pearls are terribly tempting too...

Yeah think I can't wear pastel green too.

Some other temptations...

_9549.jpg

_9550.jpg

_9551.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And beans...

_9552.jpg

_9553.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the tahitians in the second photo...the colors, the shape, everything :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1378132860|3513524 said:
I really like the tahitians in the second photo...the colors, the shape, everything :love:

Email me if you want the link... Amodularlife AT hotmail.com

80 cm, Pearl size: 7.11-10.71 millimeters, approx US$691.

More pics of that strand:

_9554.jpg

_9555.jpg

_9556.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks icy jade, but I have too many projects in the works :$$): I rarely ever impulse buy, I think the SoC pearls were my only impulse purchase...all my other pearls were planned...but they had been on my wish list for quite some time. I know if I went to a pearl show I would probably leave with nothing and then kick myself afterwards for not buying things. You should definitely save for October since you are great at making impulse purchases...all of the pieces on your last trips are fabulous!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@ Litgeek: Haha. Yeah somehow my recent impulse buys have turned out quite well. Those that I eyed, and planned forever were rather disappointing in comparison. Hope my pearl luck stays! :))

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
matryoshka doll 2 candidate. Size: 14.5*10.3mm

Really reminds me of the cortez pearl:

_9546.jpg

P.S. less than US$100.

_9561.jpg

_9562.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
mmmm...the colors on that matryoshka pearl are yummy! Now I have to go window shopping for one for ME :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results