shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you watch Prince William and Kate's wedding?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend is coming over ridiculously early next Friday to watch the royal wedding and I can't wait. We watched Princess Diana's wedding together when we were younger, so we thought we'd get together for this one as well. We'll go out for breakfast afterwards.

Will you make a point to watch it or will you just catch up with the highlights? Is it the furthest thing from your mind and you don't care to see or hear about it? :cheeky:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be up bright and early...these things dont just happen everyday ya know! I know a lot of people couldnt care less but
I watched Charles and Diane get married so I'm gonna see this one too.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
that's awesome, wish I had a friend who'd eat popcorn and watch with me at 6am! Well I do have my 2 year old haha.

So yes will definitely set the alarm and watch - and luckily I work from home that day!;-) I also remembering watching Charles and Di's. I also happened to be living in London as a kid during Fergie and Andrew's wedding and watched them on the balcony of Buckingham Palace!

Sooo..what time will you guys wake up? It starts at 11(GMT) right?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
So what time will you get up, Tyty? I know CNN's beginning their broadcast at 4AM, EST. While I'm sort of fascinated by the royal family, I'm not sure I'll drag my bum out of bed THAT early. 5:30, sure,why not? Practically still the middle of the night? No thanks.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1303511059|2902894 said:
A friend is coming over ridiculously early next Friday to watch the royal wedding and I can't wait. We watched Princess Diana's wedding together when we were younger, so we thought we'd get together for this one as well. We'll go out for breakfast afterwards.

Will you make a point to watch it or will you just catch up with the highlights? Is it the furthest thing from your mind and you don't care to see or hear about it? :cheeky:

Haha, Zoe, that about sums it up for me! :cheeky:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I barely remember Fergie and Andrew's wedding. Huh.

When I watched Diana's wedding, I had slept over my friend's house (the one who will be coming over to watch William's). We spent the night in her pool house and woke up super early to turn on the little TV they kept in there. My mom's friend brought us breakfast and we sat on our sleeping bags and pillows and watched the wedding. We were 7.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't voluntarily wake up early for anything unless I'm getting paid, so I will not be watching it Friday morning! I got up early for my own morning wedding, and that was a once in a lifetime early morning appearance. :cheeky:

I've already set my television to record the wedding, and I'll probably watch it on Saturday while DH is working. I would LOVE to watch it that night, but I have a book club meeting on the 29th and NOTHING interferes with Book Club.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yup.

I'll be watching on our day off :bigsmile:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw Charles and Diana's wedding and definitely intend to watch William and Kate's. Since technology has advanced so much between the two weddings, I don't have to get up early this time. I'm thinking about DVRing it. Getting up so early for such a special event and seeing it live is fun though, so we'll see. Either way, can't wait to see and hear about the details.

Hmm, I'll probably get up early, but not at 4:30!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kama -- that's my husband but he's a guy, so it's what I expected. I don't know why I'm so interested. Maybe because we don't have royalty in the US and it's a completely different world than the one I live in. Although I dream of it sometimes, waving from the balcony at Buckingham Palace, blowing kisses to the people below. Oh, and the jewels. In my real life, I can't imagine having anything that ostentatious, but make me royalty, and I'd find a way to deal. :bigsmile:

Mary Poppins -- I thought of DVRing it but it wouldn't be the same to me.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I will be up and GLUED to the TV!

I was not alive when Charles and Di got married, but I still remember very vividly the day she died. My mother gingerly woke me up, told me the news, and we watch the TV for HOURS hoping it wasn't true. Soon thereafter, she bought me a carriage charm for my charm bracelet in remembrance. I've always thought my mother looked a bit like Di, so I think I feel some sort of connection. I think my mom still has the funeral on VHS...

Anyway...I can't wait to watch Will and Kate's wedding. They were broadcasting it all over the news today that, just like Di, Kate has refused to say the word "obey" in her vows. I don't blame her...I took it out of mine for my upcoming wedding as well!!! :lol:

Mostly, I wanna see the DRESS, the JEWELS, and her HEADPIECE! :love: :love: :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will watch theirs if they watch mine.

Oh, wait. :blackeye:

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
vc10um: i feel the same way! I've got royal wedding fever :) It's fun and meant to be a bit of fantasy and what's the harm in a feel god event, so I think we should all enjoy it for what it is!

my dh also could care less and was definitely alive during charles and di's (haha, he's even older than me), but says he never watched it. :shock:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hmm . . . the wedding will be on at 4 in the morning where I live! I'd love to watch it, but I'm not at all interested in being awake at 4 AM for any reason. I think I'll have my parents tape it for me (no DVR at my house). I am excited to see what Kate will be wearing--I'm sure she is going to look incredibly lovely, as she always does.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!!!!!

I am going to a friends house and we are going to have a little party with just the two of us. There will be plenty of champagne, finger food, scones with jam and cream.....

We will also be dressing up in our own wedding dresses to watch the wedding and I'm going to see if I can pick up a couple of tiaras for us to wear as well.

We are lucky though, the wedding is on here at a more palatable time of Friday afternoon / evening.

Im so excited :cheeky:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I remember getting up to watch Charles and Diana's wedding and I wouldn't miss this one either. I have a good feeling that this one will last happily ever after. Sigh....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I'll watch...I was 8 when Charles and Diana got married and still remember watching it quite vividly (it may have been a rebroadcast, but I was fascinated). Now I'm 38, and figure I may not be around when their kids get married, so why not!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I watched Charles and Diana's but I was younger then.
I would like to see some of this one but I think highlights will do jsut fine.
My 80 year old mother will watch it, I am sure--she really loves the royal family. When Queen Elizabeth got crowned, which I don't think was televised ((and if it was, my mother had no television, this was 1953 sand she was in a far away colony ) my mother's fatherr was given the OBE and sent a piece of the coronation cake, which wasn't stale when they got it because it was a fruitcake full of rum and covered with marzipan. At least, that's what I think she said. I should telephone her and check.
I heard that William and Catherine are having chocolate?
Anyway, they are not sending ME a piece.
They seem like a more well-grounded couple than Charles and Diana were and more evenly matched in education, age, etc. And I doubt he has a secret other girlfriend somewhere, since the media has gotten so good at sniffing those things out, so hopefully they should do well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sure! I can't wait to see the fairytale wedding! I do remember Diana and Charles' wedding. I will probably start recording it on DVR, though, because I don't think I can get up at 4 am!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be watching. I don't think I will get up at 4 this time, but I will DVR it! I watched Princess Diana and Charles on a 13 inch
black and white tv. I was 21 and pretty newly married too. It was amazing and I can't wait to see this one.

Who wouldn't want to have the real fairy tale of being a commoner turned into a princess. So cinderella!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
It comes on at 4am here and I plan on DVRing it to watch after work! I have to be up at 430 for work and waking up any earlier just won't happen.. But I will definitely catch up when I get home! I watched Diana's wedding and loved it as a little girl!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to record it and watch it when I get home from work!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
My MOH and I are showing up in Vegas a day early for my bachelorette party just so we can watch the royal wedding together! I should totally pick up some tiaras...

We're also going out for tea. OMG so excited.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Definitely! I'm looking forward to it. Thankfully I'm in the UK so I won't have to get up at a ridiculous hour to watch it. Plus, it'll be a public holiday over here which makes things much easier.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might record it. It happens on our 11th anniversary (our wedding day) so I hope they have a fabulous and happy marriage! They are a beautiful couple so I am sure lots will be tuning in. :D

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will catch it online or t.v. or something, but won't be making a point of watching it "live."

I can remember (with sadness) the day Princess Diana was killed, and honestly I still haven't gotten over that...I grew up thinking she was just the best, and remember reading People magazine's issue about her wedding with Prince Charles, seeing clips of their nuptials on t.v., etc. I was a big Charles & Di proponent and was deeply saddened when things didn't work out for them. When she was killed it was very heartbreaking for me, and I will never forget that day.

So, I am happy for her son that he is getting married, but I just can't find it in myself to be celebratory, I guess. I wish them the best, though!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Nope.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Definitely! I usually wake up around 4 a.m. anyhow. We lived in Amsterdam when Diana & Charles were married -- I watched the wedding with our across-the-hall Dutch neighbor, complete w/tea & scones served in tartan cups (hers), while DH stayed home & sneered. This Friday he'll be snoring and sneering while the cats & I watch downstairs. May even rustle up a scone for breakfast.

I remember Princess Margaret's wedding. Must have been on film. I was a little kid & watched it w/a friend on a tiny B/W tv in her basement playroom. Was carried away at how beautiful Margaret looked & her gorgeous dress. Don't remember much else about it but the sparkles on that dress made me drool.

-- Laurie

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
A British friend on FB just posted a shot of Regent Street - decked out in Union Jacks...so exciting!! (nothing like a royal wedding or a soccer match to bring out the flags, lol). I did happen to wake up at 5am today to use the bathroom and it felt TOO early, we'll see how it goes next week. I personally prefer to watch live if I can...

I think it's amazing how many of us watched Charles and Di's, even those who were very young. I seriously wonder how my DH didn't watch it..does anyone else know anyone who simply just didn't watch?! I think this wedding will be toned down (in comparison) based on their personalities (Kate is also 10 years older than Di was) and that it's not 80's anymore. I also can't imagine Wills won't be thinking of his mother. Sill the build up and anticipation/feel good element is hard to not get swept away with!

Any guesses on what the style of her dress will be? I see something elegant (not poofy), lots of lace/A-line or maybe in the spirit of Grace Kelly's wedding look. Definitely will be wearing a beautiful crown on loan from the Queen.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
tyty333|1303511946|2902905 said:
I will be up bright and early...these things dont just happen everyday ya know! I know a lot of people couldnt care less but
I watched Charles and Diane get married so I'm gonna see this one too.

Same here. I was on summer vacation from when Charles & Diana got married, and I was 11 years old. Diana was my idol growing up. I kept scrap books of pictures from newspapers and magazines ranging from right before their engagement til the time of the divorce. My older daughter is 11 now, and she asked me "Why is everyone making such a fuss over their wedding?" I explained to her that the last royal wedding like this was that of Prince William's parents. She didn't know that there really was such a thing as real-life royalty, and thought princesses were only in fairy tales.

The royal wedding takes place on my parents' 49th wedding anniversary, so I'm planning on trying to get up early enough to see it. Not planning a special "royal wedding day" party or anything like that, but I would like to witness a little bit of history. Hopefully this marriage will turn out better than his parents'.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results