shape
carat
color
clarity

Whose BEST diamond is really the BEST...

craiguk

Rough_Rock
egemnoel|1443561651|3933255 said:
Hi DS,

Thanks again for educating me further, but I have to disagree with a few of your points. So the other vendors, are they involved from the very beginning of sourcing the rough and able to control the entire process from the beginning to the end? You say each jeweler can pick the best from multiple top cutting sources. But is this the end product they are selecting, i.e. the diamond has already been cut and polished.

Diamonds are like fine dining in a Michelin star restaurant. Everyone tastes will be different and you can pay different prices. But top restaurants will always be in control from the start in selecting the finest ingredients to begin with and ensure each step of preparing the meal is of the highest standard.

Take a golfer his end result is to get the ball in the hole - so what he needs to do is perfect each stage before and after hitting the ball.

So being in control from the start to the end, having that process defined, implemented and being able to carefully inspect each stage is again why Crafted By Infinity are the best.

Says who though? I don't see why that instantly makes them 'the best'. It's perhaps an opinion but that's as far as this can go. It's like asking 'what supercar manufacturer is the best'. There's no right or wrong answer. Just opinion as its so subjective.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DS,

Thanks again for educating me further, but I have to disagree with a few of your points. So the other vendors, are they involved from the very beginning of sourcing the rough and able to control the entire process from the beginning to the end? You say each jeweler can pick the best from multiple top cutting sources. But is this the end product they are selecting, i.e. the diamond has already been cut and polished.

Diamonds are like fine dining in a Michelin star restaurant. Everyone tastes will be different and you can pay different prices. But top restaurants will always be in control from the start in selecting the finest ingredients to begin with and ensure each step of preparing the meal is of the highest standard.

Take a golfer his end result is to get the ball in the hole - so what he needs to do is perfect each stage before and after hitting the ball.

So being in control from the start to the end, having that process defined, implemented and being able to carefully inspect each stage is again why Crafted By Infinity are the best.

If it makes you happy to believe that, go right ahead! Actually CBI doesn't sell diamonds directly (they sell through jewelers), so Wink has no more hand in the choosing of the rough or cutting of the stones than Bryan does at WF unless, of course, they are having a stone custom cut for a client which is not the most common way they sell stones. They are both mostly selling stones that have already been cut by the time they reach their stores or internet listings.

I evaluate diamonds first by their images, AGS report, light return images, hearts images, and then real life viewing. I don't pay more for sales pitches or fancy showrooms or a glass of champagne (although I have nothing against those things should I ever be able to visit their stores!). I pay for the diamond itself primarily and customer service/policies. The first H&A stones I ever saw about 10 years ago were Hearts on Fire, and thank goodness I didn't let their sales pitch influence me because I got stones equal or better than those for about 30% less from GOG and WF.

I appreciate the page on WF that tells exactly what their parameters are which gives me confidence of consistency of cut quality from purchase to purchase.

(David, thanks for your support in what I am saying here regarding there being more than one diamond brand at the top. I had no idea you were a CBI vendor. Thanks for the info.)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1443563910|3933268 said:
HI egemnoel,
A lot of what you're saying is very important to a lot of buyers.
As a CBI dealer- I can tell you that the stones ARE amazing.
By all means, feel free to tell people they are the world's best cut diamonds.

Speaking as a tradesperson here on PS, I believe I have a responsibility on a public forum to separate advertising from facts, I would put it this way: CBI are among the finest cut diamonds in the world. I don't think I've ever seen better work than Paul's- but I have seen others that could be said to be on the same level.
It's a very big world and best is a very big word:)
David
We finally agree on something!.. :wink2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DS,

Not mine!... :tongue:.. pics from rough to polished!.. :praise:

_669.png

img_9485.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect example, DF! :love: :appl:

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rockdiamond,

Your obviously a CBI dealer for a reason and being in the business I am sure you do come across a lot of diamonds from various cutters and only wanted to be associated with the best cut diamonds out there.

Hi D_

Maybe you should try National Car rental, seems to be right up your street.

Hi DS,

Your correct again that Wink is a re-seller, but I can just lift the phone and call the person (Paul) who cut my diamond and buying a diamond is a very personal thing also. You cannot beat this this level of personal interaction.

Hi ChristineRose,

CBI don't use lasers to cut diamonds, The still use the old traditional method by hand and constant inspection during and after each step. Again hand crafted, no matter the trade is hard to beat. Look at Victor and Leon's work.

Hi DF,

Beautiful stone cut by Yoram a very talented guy, but the initial question was based around RBs, Super ideal H&A.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Trade, this is not a place for fighting or advertising and if you do so, you won't be able to post in this thread. Please answer the questions without the not so subtle jabs at each other. Some posts have been removed.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry H. has a long standing(over 10 years) bet for $1000 that at the jck show that any vendor can select their branded RB diamond by eye with no tools from a group of RB's selected by him, g color,yellow tone, vs or better clarity, 1ct.
Not one person has ever took him up on it.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl_K|1443626802|3933465 said:
Garry H. has a long standing(over 10 years) bet for $1000 that at the jck show that any vendor can select their branded RB diamond by eye with no tools from a group of RB's selected by him, g color,yellow tone, vs or better clarity, 1ct.
Most probably the reason nobody has taken the bet is that it would not prove anything. As ChristineRose correctly stated, the standard round brilliant facet arrangement has been in the public domain forever. Differences in cut quality are in proportioning and faceting precision. As I mentioned earlier, when you have two (or more) stones that have the same attributes, they are essentially identical. The top brands of precision cut diamonds that we are talking about here could easily be visually indistinguishable from one another, or from a non branded diamond that was cut to the same tolerances.

That in no way diminishes their relative value to a prospective buyer looking for elite cut quality. The brand differences will be in the thoroughness of the vetting process and associated benefits. I posted a link to our specifications page not as self promotion, but to illustrate all the different criteria of cut quality and light performance that must be satisfied before a diamond is awarded our super ideal brand. Other brands may or may not have the same vetting process and may or may not be as transparent about it. But I think at this level, consumers want to know precisely what the process is.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I do not believe that any one vendor has the "best" diamond. After ten years of being on Pricescope though when I looking for a top of the line ideal cut 2.5 carat diamond last year I limited my search to the top tier of stones at Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, High Performance Diamonds, and Brian Gavin Diamonds. They all have excellent reputations and maintain an inventory of in-house AGS graded diamonds with plenty of information to help me make my decision. Ultimately I made my purchase from Brian Gavin based on availability and price and I am thrilled with the result, but I feel confident that I could have been just as happy with the right diamond from any of the other three. In addition to the diamond I bought from BGD I own diamonds from Hearts on Fire (who claims to be the world's most perfectly cut diamond) and jewelry containing Whiteflash ACA's and Blue Nile Signature stones. They are all equally gorgeous to my eyes.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... Is this bet open to consumers?
'Cause even if my odds are pure guesswork at one in ten... for $1k I'd be truly delighted to participate :naughty:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1443653666|3933609 said:

'Cause even if my odds are pure guesswork at one in ten... for $1k I'd be truly delighted to participate :naughty:
lol no that would be against the forum rules besides if you lost you would owe Garry a grand.....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1443666261|3933679 said:
Yssie|1443653666|3933609 said:

lol no that would be against the forum rules besides if you lost you would owe Garry a grand.....
But if she wins she can get to keep the diamond... :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results