shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

ringupthebling

Rough_Rock
I removed the diamond from the ring because the prongs were very worn down, and not secure.
While it was out of the setting, it weighed .30 on my gram scale.
I put it into a basket setting for a pendant.
It's just the right size for everyday!
IMG_20230215_151150973.jpg

What a great find and love what you did with the diamond - such a perfect everyday necklace!

clairebc

Rough_Rock
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this! I just received this brooch I got at auction, very excited about it!!

Its a late 19th century enamel brooch with a little old mine cut surrounded by tiny rose cut (?) diamonds.

I think I want to convert this to a bracelet, I'm not a brooch person! I've never done a conversion project before.

IMG_2436(1).jpg

IMG_2437(1).jpg

IMG_2443(1).jpg

IMG_2441(1).jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
kind of hoping it is swarovski
it was sold as possibly
1908587275.jpg

im not sure about the red nose
but hay $5 so what did i have to loose
he is grubby and needs a bath

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I found this vintage strand of rhodochrosite beads with a gold filled clasp. They are each 11mm in diameter. They need restrung, if course! They have beautiful color and translucency.
IMG_20230301_075016926~2.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful material!
I might be looking for a slice at the upcoming gem and mineral show.
If I can afford it. It gets really pricey.
Screenshot_20230301-152915~2.png

Screenshot_20230301-152829~2.png

its good those beads went to a new home where someone will appreate them

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They were in the antique mall, just called 'pink beads". I knew right away what they were, so I had to adopt them!
The watermelon pink color is so dreamy.

You have such a good eye so continually find these treasures!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have such a good eye so continually find these treasures!

This one particular mall has been yielding great items lately!
I go there about once a week. I travel locally for work, and I drive by there weekly. So I just have to drop in!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one particular mall has been yielding great items lately!
I go there about once a week. I travel locally for work, and I drive by there weekly. So I just have to drop in!

I'm jealous. There really isn't anything like that near me. It would be a day trip.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm jealous. There really isn't anything like that near me. It would be a day trip.

There are about 5 such antique malls and indoor flea markets in my immediate vicinity.
Some are better than others, as far as quality of merchandise. I stop in as often as I can, if I happen to be passing by them. Don't tell my boss!
I get to some thrift stores, but they are really hit or miss.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are about 5 such antique malls and indoor flea markets in my immediate vicinity.
Some are better than others, as far as quality of merchandise. I stop in as often as I can, if I happen to be passing by them. Don't tell my boss!
I get to some thrift stores, but they are really hit or miss.

There used to be some around me but years ago, I think Ebay really hurt them and they mostly shut down. I think there are some in the more rural areas farther away from where I live, that survived, but many didn't.

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
kind of hoping it is swarovski
it was sold as possibly
1908587275.jpg

im not sure about the red nose
but hay $5 so what did i have to loose
he is grubby and needs a bath

Very cute. It looks plausible - even if it's not Swarovski, it's sure trying to look like it.

This one was bought from a Swarovski shop years ago. (He's missing a spine). There were other versions the hedgehog, some without the whiskers. These sorts of pieces were always marked - this one has a mark etched on the base. See lower pic.
Hedgehog.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute. It looks plausible - even if it's not Swarovski, it's sure trying to look like it.

This one was bought from a Swarovski shop years ago. (He's missing a spine). There were other versions the hedgehog, some without the whiskers. These sorts of pieces were always marked - this one has a mark etched on the base. See lower pic.
Hedgehog.jpg
thank you =)2
year mines a knock off
but it is still waiting on a bath
and its $5 worth of pretty
i have some bigger pieces but they are packed away so had nothing to compair with

you can get them repaired by offical Swarovski repair agents, i think they haver to go to Sydney from here

mum had a large star that got most of its point tips knocked off in an after shock after the big ones in Christchurch
its a bit lop sided
mum had demetia by then and didnt have the mental capasity to deal with insurence claims and my sister was going through a rebuild herself
so as my sister didnt want it i took pity on it
it has the look of a survivor
which gives it a story and a personality
so it lives on top of a bookcase in the spair bedrrom till li deside what to do with it (if my finanial cirumstances ever improve) im thinking silver points ?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I found this vintage strand of rhodochrosite beads with a gold filled clasp. They are each 11mm in diameter. They need restrung, if course! They have beautiful color and translucency.

I restrung them today. I put glass seed beads in-between, instead of knots.
IMG_20230303_144232838~2.jpg

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
It screams summertime to me. I could see it with various shades of sky blue, sunshine yellow, emerald green, or a subtle mocha, in linen, chambray, silk, or cotton voile. So many options!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It screams summertime to me. I could see it with various shades of sky blue, sunshine yellow, emerald green, or a subtle mocha, in linen, chambray, silk, or cotton voile. So many options!
Yeah, you're right. It will go with most anything. I have it on with a green t-shirt right now......!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

have you worn these yet ?
dont forget the we wear pink on wednesday thread

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results