shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
There were three gold charms. A tiny teapot, a telephone and this. The other two were more suitable for a charm bracelet. But they were only $36 each. For 14k! Crazy, right?
So I might go back......

Ooh if it's a nice teapot, you should totally get it! I adore teapot charms.

Here's a silver Victorian one of mine (with a piece of bloodstone set into the base) and I love it to bits:

20220219_203954_-_350.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh if it's a nice teapot, you should totally get it! I adore teapot charms.

Here's a silver Victorian one of mine (with a piece of bloodstone set into the base) and I love it to bits:

20220219_203954_-_350.jpg

I did not get the teapot! It was not as nice as yours! And it was smaller. However, I suspect it will be there if I change my mind in the future!

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
I did not get the teapot! It was not as nice as yours! And it was smaller. However, I suspect it will be there if I change my mind in the future!

The telephone charm is a cutie so I'd say you've made the right choice!

Thank you, it took me a while to find this one and I still have regrets for missing out on another two that were similar and would have made good companions to it. Someday I'll have a collection of teapot/coffee pot charms... :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy, it says "Hello' and "I love you"
So adorable!
IMG_20220219_155212839~2.jpg

IMG_20220219_155232652~3.jpg

That is the sweetest wee thing ever !
I could see the love you bit but was wondering what it said

Someone must have received it as a gift

how could someone give that up ?
When it should be treasured for ever either on a braclete, necklace or just as a wee pretty miniature at the front of a china cabinet
I could see grand children wanting to play with it - well 45 years ago my cousin and i would have wanted to play with it so badly !!

Once again its up to you to do the loving

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is the sweetest wee thing ever !
I could see the love you bit but was wondering what it said

Someone must have received it as a gift

how could someone give that up ?
When it should be treasured for ever either on a braclete, necklace or just as a wee pretty miniature at the front of a china cabinet
I could see grand children wanting to play with it - well 45 years ago my cousin and i would have wanted to play with it so badly !!

Once again its up to you to do the loving

I'm going to put it on a chain after tea (dinner!) Haha!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that egg you found and the telephone is the cutest charm I’ve ever seen @stracci2000 :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This little phone is now (to me anyway) the benchmark of cute ! :kiss2:
And I shell refer back to it often

if something isnt as awsome and more importantly adorable as this little golden phone then it aint cute to me !
End of story !

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I couldn't pass it up! It is so wearable, it will go with any neckline.

Perhaps not any neckline, but it would go great with my tummy! :lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the antique mall, rose cut garnets, gold filled. Must've been an earring at one time and converted to a pendant. There was 100 years of grime on it!
IMG_20220225_150429779~2.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the antique mall, rose cut garnets, gold filled. Must've been an earring at one time and converted to a pendant. There was 100 years of grime on it!
IMG_20220225_150429779~2.jpg

I wonder if a sister inherited the other one
How fascinating
Shows how beautiful a red garnet can be
great find (of course we expect nothing less of you)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if a sister inherited the other one
How fascinating
Shows how beautiful a red garnet can be
great find (of course we expect nothing less of you)

Daisy, I couldn't leave it there! I had to take it home. I strung it on a different chain, that original one was too heavy.
I suspect it dates to about 1890-1910 or thereabout.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy, I couldn't leave it there! I had to take it home. I strung it on a different chain, that original one was too heavy.
I suspect it dates to about 1890-1910 or thereabout.

I hope its twin has been as lucky
or
Maybe the origonal owner lost the other one
Maybe she loved it so much she had to have it made into a pendant so she could still wear and enjoy it

if only these pieces could talk
- you would never get any sleep :lol-2: - they would have you up all night telling you their life stories :kiss2:

And the cups and saucers, plates and cutlery would never shut up - it would be a party every night at your place !

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope its twin has been as lucky
or
Maybe the origonal owner lost the other one
Maybe she loved it so much she had to have it made into a pendant so she could still wear and enjoy it

if only these pieces could talk
- you would never get any sleep :lol-2: - they would have you up all night telling you their life stories :kiss2:

And the cups and saucers, plates and cutlery would never shut up - it would be a party every night at your place !

I'm sure it was loved because it was turned into a pendant.
Sometimes I look at my really old English transferware dishes and I wonder what kind of food was served on them!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm sure it was loved because it was turned into a pendant.
Sometimes I look at my really old English transferware dishes and I wonder what kind of food was served on them!

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding if they were lucky, cucumber sandwiches if they weren't. :mrgreen2:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I did not find this haul- this haul found me. I had an aunt, now deceased, who was a bit of a hoarder, and enjoyed the many Sun City, AZ rummage sales for years. She had three sons, only one was married, and that wife does not fancy costume jewelry. So after her death, boxes of items were sent to my mother (her sister) and I was allowed to gather what I liked before the rest was donated to the church rummage sale. Most of it was crappy gold-colored base metal. But, I did manage to find these:

F&B Sterling chain and Sterling Krementz lorgnette folding glasses
Haul- F Krementz Lorgnette folding glasses F&B chain.jpg

Pennino rhinestone suite
Haul -Pennino suite.jpg

Monet daisy choker
Haul-Monet daisy choker.jpg

Regency crystal necklace and earrings (not signed, but notes left by Aunt)
Haul-Regency crystal necklace.jpg

Trifari leaf pin, Florenzo earrings, illegibly stamped hummingbird pin, roadrunner pin, and a brass(?) and purple glass(?) bar pin
Haul-Trifari Florenza C.Uster.jpg

Rhinestone bracelet and pins
Haul-rhinestones.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results