shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Are you wearing the ring everyday, and loving it?
I was looking at this ring again, and really loving the proportions, brushed finish and presence. It might be an inspiration piece for my next project! I have some small star sapphires I just acquired........;)2

So some sad news....
I was wearing That ring daily and loving it.
It shocked me in every possible way as I originally was unsure if the new jeweler who had only made me a simple gold ring before would be able to pull this off.
I felt badly for those thoughts when it arrived as it was everything that I wanted and more.
I wore it for only about 4 days I think before I took it off (to admire, how ironic) and when I did it dropped less than 4 inches onto my granite countertop.
The diamond just popped out upon ping-ing on the counter.
I had dropped ethiopian opals from That height and nothing has ever happened.
Luckily the diamond is scratch free and the setting was too....it just turned out to be poorly set and secured.
I was so saddened by it that I didn't want to try and repair the ring, instead I kindly told the seller what happened and requested a refund.
I sent the setting back and once again put my loose diamond back into my jewelry box.
The seller showed his extreme kindness though and surprised me by sending the ring back with a pink tourmaline in it instead after my refund had gone through.
That truly shows what kind of a man he is, although we both agreed that my ring challenged him and that it was a bit out of his scope at the moment.
Sorry I havent replied until now, ive just been bummed about it as I loved my diamond in that setting. The whole ring was perfect in my eyes!
I will upload a photo of the new pink tourmaline ring when it arrives if youd like to see it.
If the setting inspired you though, despite my sad little story, I say absolutely go for it and run with my inspiration!!:P2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So some sad news....
I was wearing That ring daily and loving it.
It shocked me in every possible way as I originally was unsure if the new jeweler who had only made me a simple gold ring before would be able to pull this off.
I felt badly for those thoughts when it arrived as it was everything that I wanted and more.
I wore it for only about 4 days I think before I took it off (to admire, how ironic) and when I did it dropped less than 4 inches onto my granite countertop.
The diamond just popped out upon ping-ing on the counter.
I had dropped ethiopian opals from That height and nothing has ever happened.
Luckily the diamond is scratch free and the setting was too....it just turned out to be poorly set and secured.
I was so saddened by it that I didn't want to try and repair the ring, instead I kindly told the seller what happened and requested a refund.
I sent the setting back and once again put my loose diamond back into my jewelry box.
The seller showed his extreme kindness though and surprised me by sending the ring back with a pink tourmaline in it instead after my refund had gone through.
That truly shows what kind of a man he is, although we both agreed that my ring challenged him and that it was a bit out of his scope at the moment.
Sorry I havent replied until now, ive just been bummed about it as I loved my diamond in that setting. The whole ring was perfect in my eyes!
I will upload a photo of the new pink tourmaline ring when it arrives if youd like to see it.
If the setting inspired you though, despite my sad little story, I say absolutely go for it and run with my inspiration!!:P2
Oh no! I can't believe it popped out of the setting.
From your photos, it looked to be gypsy set. But when I looked closer, I didn't see the little "bead" prongs that gypsy style settings have.
He might have pressed the stone in there, and because it held, he thought it was secure. When you create a hole that is exactly the right size, usually this will work, especially since the stone was recessed into the setting, flush with the surface of the sterling.
However, the impact of the stone countertop must have flexed the ring just right, and out came the diamond!
I always say that any jewelry design is like an engineering project.
You have to think about all the factors.
Comfort, practicality(will it snag or spin?), Durability, and security(will the stone stay put?) and then you have to pull it off and make it all come together.
It's not always easy. In fact, it is usually harder than anticipated.
The path from first sketch to finished item is usually a rocky road for me!
Oh well, the little diamond will let you know when the time is right to set her again.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went out to the yard and estate sales yesterday, and I found some interesting things.
Some sterling pins and rings, a carved bone necklace,
and more things listed below.

IMG_20190504_204751527.jpg
A sterling tea strainer , marked "made in Holland"
IMG_20190504_195852090.jpg
Sterling/gold bracelet from Peru
IMG_20190504_203052379.jpg
14k herringbone necklace, $3.00!
IMG_20190504_204409868.jpg
Mid century metal barbeque tray, 19" across.
IMG_20190504_130502570.jpg
A vintage carved table, maybe 1930's
IMG_20190504_152003108.jpg
Two old school desks
IMG_20190504_152008073.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_204751527.jpg
    IMG_20190504_204751527.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 51

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gold herringbone for $3?! Did I read that right....wow! Also the table is pretty amazing, you find great furniture, around here if you are lucky to find something like that they want your first born for it. Also the sterling and gold Peru bracelet is way cool, great finds @stracci2000

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gold herringbone for $3?! Did I read that right....wow! Also the table is pretty amazing, you find great furniture, around here if you are lucky to find something like that they want your first born for it. Also the sterling and gold Peru bracelet is way cool, great finds @stracci2000
Yes $3!
About herringbones, I know they are dated, but boy do they look substantial around the neck! And this one is so buttery. I guess people don't know to look at the clasp for a mark. I'm gonna wear it purely for nostalgic reasons!
The Peru bracelet has a llama on it. So cute. Inside it is marked "Sterling/ 18k" . So I tested it with my handy- dandy acid test kit. The gold is 14k.
Never believe the stamp on a piece like this. I once bought a Mexican bracelet stamped 925, but it was merely plated! They sell to tourists, so it's not like anyone is gonna go back to Peru to complain!
That tea strainer is a treasure. It was so tarnished, I didn't think it would ever get clean.
And the BBQ tray is a hoot:lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heres the finished ring!
Maybe this little sunset colored tourmaline was meant to be in this setting all along.
20190506_154341.jpg 20190506_154339.jpg 20190506_154343.jpg
All I know is that hes one kind human being. Isnt it wonderful when strangers restore your faith in humanity?
Nice!!
I like it, maybe more than the diamond version.
Is it open in the back?

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I went to the monthly antiques fair over the weekend and they had over 600 vendors! It was massive. But unfortunately, most of the items were way overpriced (think triple ebay prices for the same exact thing, ouch). I did manage to pick up a tarnished horse brooch for $5 though.
20190507_135337.jpg
Even though this next item isnt vintage, I picked up this cute photo orb necklace and put a picture of my darling dachshund in it. She passed away a few years ago at the age of 17. They say time makes it easier, but the heartache never quite goes away.
20190507_135245.jpg
Some photos of other treasures I didn't bring home with me:
20190505_142214.jpg
20190505_123654.jpg
20190505_122808.jpg
20190505_112020.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the monthly antiques fair over the weekend and they had over 600 vendors! It was massive. But unfortunately, most of the items were way overpriced (think triple ebay prices for the same exact thing, ouch). I did manage to pick up a tarnished horse brooch for $5 though.
20190507_135337.jpg
Even though this next item isnt vintage, I picked up this cute photo orb necklace and put a picture of my darling dachshund in it. She passed away a few years ago at the age of 17. They say time makes it easier, but the heartache never quite goes away.
20190507_135245.jpg
20190505_142214.jpg
20190505_123654.jpg
20190505_122808.jpg
20190505_112020.jpg
600 vendors! I would probably faint.
I get so overwhelmed when there are too many choices!
The horse ring is sweet, but I like that eyeball ring that is in the tray below:lol:

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
20190507_135337.jpg
20190507_135245.jpg
20190505_142214.jpg
20190505_123654.jpg
20190505_122808.jpg
20190505_112020.jpg
Do people really make jewelry out of glass eyeballs?:geek2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a haul, something I'm considering. She is asking $100 but I'm known to do some asking of my own!

IMG_4468.JPG

IMG_4469.JPG

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I have Doxies and LOVE LOVE LOVE them, so I understand and absolutely adore this gesture!!! Love the horsey too!! :love:

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I have Doxies and LOVE LOVE LOVE them, so I understand and absolutely adore this gesture!!! Love the horsey too!! :love:

Aren't doxies the best? Something about their tiny body but huuuge personality. I swore I'd never get another dox since this one was my heart dog, but boy do I miss the huge personalities they have.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay guys, any idea what this might be? I saved it from the dumpster yesterday. It is solid oak, the bottom is just straight legs, it can't stand on its own.

I'm thinking for produce or books?

IMG_4472.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay guys, any idea what this might be? I saved it from the dumpster yesterday. It is solid oak, the bottom is just straight legs, it can't stand on its own.

IMG_4472.JPG
Yes, I think it is a retail display made to hang. It would be great for toys, books, craft supplies, etc.
It's amazing what people throw away...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right? The lady from Cheers asked me to help her throw it in the dumpster and I'm like nooooooo.

I've offered it to our neighbor because I don't really have a spot for it but at least it's not going to a landfill!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Aren't doxies the best? Something about their tiny body but huuuge personality. I swore I'd never get another dox since this one was my heart dog, but boy do I miss the huge personalities they have.
Awww, you can have your one heart dog, but still share your love with another one! It won't detract from the love you had for your baby. I've had a handful of heart dogs in my lifetime, and I love them all for totally different reasons, but just as much as the other ones. :love: I think it's always great to give another needy soul a warm and wonderful home. If the Grinch didn't limit me to two, I would have a menagerie! :lol-2:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_4472.JPG
I think this would be AWESOME in a closet as a shoe or purse organizer!! What a great find!!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Awww, you can have your one heart dog, but still share your love with another one! It won't detract from the love you had for your baby. I've had a handful of heart dogs in my lifetime, and I love them all for totally different reasons, but just as much as the other ones. :love: I think it's always great to give another needy soul a warm and wonderful home. If the Grinch didn't limit me to two, I would have a menagerie! :lol-2:

I have a grinch in my life too! He has limited me to three pets max and I already reached the threshold with my current dog, a gecko and tortoise. Since the latter two could potentially outlive me, I really only have one slot :( and I've had my heart set on a horse after we get married and move. Oh, first world problems :)

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
It still looks brand new! And I agree, it looks like it's for produce. Glad you were able to find a new home for it!

IMG_4472.JPG

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Yes $3!
About herringbones, I know they are dated, but boy do they look substantial around the neck! And this one is so buttery. I guess people don't know to look at the clasp for a mark. I'm gonna wear it purely for nostalgic reasons!
The Peru bracelet has a llama on it. So cute. Inside it is marked "Sterling/ 18k" . So I tested it with my handy- dandy acid test kit. The gold is 14k.
Never believe the stamp on a piece like this. I once bought a Mexican bracelet stamped 925, but it was merely plated! They sell to tourists, so it's not like anyone is gonna go back to Peru to complain!
That tea strainer is a treasure. It was so tarnished, I didn't think it would ever get clean.
And the BBQ tray is a hoot:lol:
I have a herringbone that I still wear once in a while. It always looks chic and I always get compliments. I think it has become a classic.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's up! Still have to paint this room but I love it already. In a couple of the pics you can see my poppy picture in the background.

IMG_4498.JPG IMG_4499.JPG IMG_4500.JPG

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks great!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! @StephanieLynn, that chandelier! Just beautiful! :love::love::love:
It looks so elegant in your house. You are a girl with great taste, as I've said before!

TTTWISM

Rough_Rock
Here are a couple of our weekends finds. Any info?

The buckle is real gold and copper and pretty sure the ruby is as well.

The earrings are stamped but not sure if its 485 595 985 I can't tell.

The pendent is J&D 925
20190511_204646.jpg 20190511_152126.jpg 20190511_152613.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @stracci2000 you are too sweet. Maybe the best part of getting this light is it's so much brighter, I didn't realize how dark the room was before. I'm thinking of painting the walls a pretty yellow (not super saturated) since it's the first room you walk into.

@TTTWISM the earrings are most likely stamped 925 for Sterling, they are Marcasite and onyx, very pretty. You found some great things!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of our weekends finds. Any info?

The buckle is real gold and copper and pretty sure the ruby is as well.

The earrings are stamped but not sure if its 485 595 985 I can't tell.

The pendent is J&D 925
20190511_204646.jpg 20190511_152126.jpg 20190511_152613.jpg
It is always good to find sterling!
The belt buckle is really nice. It will be stunning after you clean and polish it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results