Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondFan's 9 ct. emerald cut from Tiffany is probably the largest currently owned since Madrock traded hers.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kilops|1306293708|2929654 said:
Topic speaks for itself :Up_to_something:

HI:

Are you doing some sort of qualitative research? :devil: Is this in follow up to your original posit that older people with wrinkly hands have the largest stones hence you mean to seek out those PS photo's for evidence?

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious, why did Madrock trade hers? Where is that thread?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heh, I sort of love that in MadRock's photo, they're all holding out their hands with enormous solitaires - and the others are Ring Pops! The scale is similar enough that it took me a second to see it .... :rodent:

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Who cares? It could be 15 ct. and a chunk of frozen spit.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's what I would like to know. Does anyone have a D FL over 2 carats here?

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
tradergirl|1306335878|2929883 said:

I don't know. I have to admit - I'd be rather curious to see what a 15 ct looks like, even if it is frozen spit. Plus, that's what this thread is about.

The largest owned by a PSer that I know of is Madrocks. Although Diamanteblu has a series of photos from her New York excursion for an ering. There's mega rocks in that thread - even a 21 carat asscher, from what I recall.

(And personally, I don't find 2 carat D FL all that interesting)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tradergirl|1306335878|2929883 said:
True, but since this thread is for "the biggest" as opposed to making cases for who has "the best" the quality if the stone isn't being taken into consideration... But you are absolutely right that the biggest may not be the most impressive

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I thought the 15ct in that link was a D IF?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. FK - you are right. https://www.pricescope.com/journal/diamond_adventures_india
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

by Garry H (Cut Nut) » 09 Mar 2005 19:18 Purrfffect - around 55%T, 34.5Crown and 40.7P from memory
But the H&A''s (I checked myself) and proportions and ideal-scope etc - all those ducks line up.
This stone has been certified AGS 0,0,000 and would definitely qualify as a candidate for thenew AGS 0 too.

And then there's Tgal's ode :cheeky: -
Ok, how about I offer you a limerick (you can''t put a price on such poetry) Image

There once was a man named Garry,
Whom for that diamond I''d totally marry,
But he had a wife,
Oh bummer, that''s life,
But if I were her, I would be wary…

They were making him offers galore,
To bring home that rock from his store,
They begged and beguiled,
Patty offered a child,
Then told him she''d give him one more! Image

And with this thought I shall depart,
What PS''ers have said from the start:
While HUGE is quite nice
For a chunk of great ice
The ONE he gave you came deep from his heart. Image

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I think there was a thread started in the last couple of months in SMTB where someone tried to collect the photos of the really large rocks adn got quite a few of them.

By the time you get to 15 carats, you don't see frozen spit very much. Frozen spit happens when someone can afford a good one carat and stretches up to two--the people who can afford 15 are not stretching and you see great quality, in my experience. there's a certain range where you see a lot of colors like L and M (I think it's around 4-7 carats?) which might be just because at that size you have to go with what is available, there are not a lot of stones. But often these L and M's are beautiful clarity and look gorgeous (they are often emerald cuts). But when you get to 15, you are in a whole other class.

We have an ENORMOUS older thread with people showing off D colored diamonds. It used to be easy to find it with the old search engine. But it's impossible now. I asked once and was directed to a newer thread, which was a lot smaller. I think maybe people buy d and E colors less now than when Pricescope was started, probably at least partly because of the steep rise in prices, maybe also because a lot of those diamonds now directed towards Asia so they are harder to find and of course people also get comfortable with buying lower colors when they see a lot of photos on here showing well-cut low colored stones that look nice (as well as being, of course, cheaper). I don't think there was a lot of D IF in the thread (which was called something like 'D girls show me your rocks' or something like that). there was a lot of D VS and even D SI1 or 2. It was a thread of very pretty rings and I did enjoy looking at it and I wish I could find it.

I remember a thread a while back where a guy bought a D flawless a little bit over one carat and showed pics at the end--it was gorgeous. It was my favorite ring on Pricescope for a long, long time -- in a very simple platinum setting. I don't remember the name of the thread of the guy through. I think the thread was called something like 'searching for a D flawless' and now that I'm thinking, he may not actually have bought a D flawless but a D IF? Anyway, it was a true AGS 000 in the original meaning and really a beautiful ring, maybe someone who can handle the new search engine better than I can can find it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results