shape
carat
color
clarity

who makes the sparkliest and most "perfect" channel set?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame, i'm sorry for all of your ring disappointment. i really hope that the right solution finds you or you find it. i know that for me, stepping away from 'it' usually gets me to that place (even though it's ridiculously hard for me to actually put that into practice). with some time and distance, i usually see things clearer and the answer reveals itself. and yeah, i *want* to talk about jewelry stuff with DH more than anyone else, but he has his limits and when i have reached them, he's a bear. maybe give your DH a break too and you'll find you can come at a solution from a positive place, together, down the road a bit?

anyway, all of that aside i wanted to mention that my friend has a thin (2mm?) channel set band that is paired with a .75 solitaire, and it is *very* sparkly. in fact, even after all of my knowledge gained from PS, her non-brand, non-PS researched set is the one that always stands out in my mind as drop-dead gorgeous. just sayin'... it is possible!! :))

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Hi ame, whenever you're ready, you might want to check out Dimend Scaasi. They seem to stress the quality of their diamonds in their bands. I actually talked to one of their sales rep for a project that didn't end up working out. Every band is made after you place the order, and they send you a CAD for approval beforehand. So there is a lot of room for customization. HTH.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
sapphirering|1325366541|3092457 said:
Hi ame, whenever you're ready, you might want to check out Dimend Scaasi. They seem to stress the quality of their diamonds in their bands. I actually talked to one of their sales rep for a project that didn't end up working out. Every band is made after you place the order, and they send you a CAD for approval beforehand. So there is a lot of room for customization. HTH.
Excellent suggestion. I have looked at their items, I know they're also an Infinity Diamodns jeweler. So that is a great suggestion. Thanks!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Related to Imdanny's post, Tiffany's plain wedding bands are made by J. Nordt/Guertin Brothers according to this thread. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-finding-a-1mm-platinum-palladium-band.119356/#post-2069912#p2069912']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-finding-a-1mm-platinum-palladium-band.119356/#post-2069912#p2069912[/URL]
The bands are extruded, which makes them very dense, and therefore very durable.

I have a BevK eternity band that I purchased from Pearlman Jewelers. It sits 1.6 mm high, and is 2 mm wide, with fine milgrain. It is an eternity ring with bead set round diamonds. It has a small space of solid metal for resizing. Perhaps this would work for you?

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
Imdanny|1325261597|3091562 said:
Tiffany's rings are beautiful. I do think for the price(s) they should have stayed with VS2. I'm not saying some/ most/ or all at this time are not VS2, but I am saying that they lowered their (guaranteed) standard to SI1. I think for the price(s) they charge and for a company whose website literally has the guts to call themselves the best jewelers in the world since 1837, this is outrageous. There is simply no excuse. VCA's engagement rings (yes, melee is different, but still) are D and E, and IF down to VVS2. So, no, Tiffany does not need to be selling $2,500 half diamond bands with SI1 diamonds. They should go back to their VS2 standard and announce this unequivocally and publicly on their website IMO. Maybe most people don't study this kind of thing as a hobby, but no marketing event in Beijing is going to convince me it's a good idea for me to buy the diamond half band I actually do love vis a vis this issue.

I was very interested in this fact and I called Tiffany to verify it.

According to the person I spoke to, it is not true. She said all of their melee diamonds are between D-G colour and IF-VS2 clarity. They cannot verify which you get in a channel set band, of course, since they are too small to be accompanied by individual reports, but they do not go below VS2 clarity.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Ame, I think Dreamer's suggestion of getting a Tiffany band off of eBay is an excellent one. That way you get the quality without quite as high of a pricetag. Is this something you would consider?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Possibly, assuming the seller looks legitimate. Like Oakgem or whatever.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
ame said:
Possibly, assuming the seller looks legitimate. Like Oakgem or whatever.

What size would you need? I'll keep my eyes open for one since I have an eBay shopping problem and I'm on there everyday.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
From Tiffany probably a 6 in Plat :) Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ivana|1325898678|3096937 said:
Imdanny|1325261597|3091562 said:
Tiffany's rings are beautiful. I do think for the price(s) they should have stayed with VS2. I'm not saying some/ most/ or all at this time are not VS2, but I am saying that they lowered their (guaranteed) standard to SI1. I think for the price(s) they charge and for a company whose website literally has the guts to call themselves the best jewelers in the world since 1837, this is outrageous. There is simply no excuse. VCA's engagement rings (yes, melee is different, but still) are D and E, and IF down to VVS2. So, no, Tiffany does not need to be selling $2,500 half diamond bands with SI1 diamonds. They should go back to their VS2 standard and announce this unequivocally and publicly on their website IMO. Maybe most people don't study this kind of thing as a hobby, but no marketing event in Beijing is going to convince me it's a good idea for me to buy the diamond half band I actually do love vis a vis this issue.

I was very interested in this fact and I called Tiffany to verify it.

According to the person I spoke to, it is not true. She said all of their melee diamonds are between D-G colour and IF-VS2 clarity. They cannot verify which you get in a channel set band, of course, since they are too small to be accompanied by individual reports, but they do not go below VS2 clarity.

Danny, they do sell SI1 in their solitaire e-rings now which is a little surprising. I am glad they are keeping melee VS and above, though.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1325987143|3097563 said:
Ame, you might want to contact a seller I have bought from before. He has many rings not yet posted, so you need to show him the one you are looking for and the size.

http://jewelryandthecity.ecrater.com/
Interesting, never even heard of that one. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome! he was an ebay seller and left ebay because of all the fees. He had good feedback and I remembered the name and did a search and found his new site. My new cross came from him and it was like brand new. He gets some returned items that are basically new but they don't put them back for sale at T&Co.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few in a size 6. They aren't full eternities though:

2.0mm:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIFFANY-CO-CHANNEL-SET-HALF-BAND-2MM-PLATINUM-RB-DIAMON-/170696941384?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item27be549f48

2.2mm:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co-PLATINUM-Channel-Set-Diamond-Band-Ring-S6-/230601189110?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item35b0e6e6f6

2.0mm:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co-PLATINUM-Channel-Set-Diamond-Band-Ring-/220637706201?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item335f0837d9

I think I've heard of the seller diamonddr16 on PS but they don't allow returns. Never heard of the other seller but at least they have a 7-day return policy. I'll let you know if I see any others...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results