shape
carat
color
clarity

Who knew scanners were so useful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 10:30:24 PM
Author: FireGoddess
ETA: Damn Mara, your nails look GOOD.
That's the first thing I thought too!!!
9.gif

Fire...your ring looks awesome!!! Next time I go to work I'm gonna scan my gorgeous tourmaline..never could get a good digital image of that puppy either. This is so much fun to see!

Thanks Princess!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mara you have such healthy looking nails, very nice! Have you tried just having your rings in the scanner with out your hand?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous idea! Everybody''s rings just look so lovely.

I am such a bad LIW. I''m at my parent''s house for an indeterminant amount of time, and (despite BF''s self-imposed deadline being a month from tomorrow) I forgot my digital camera. I was hoping that their scanner would work for ring pics once I actually get it, but you have to feed the paper in. There''s no way a ring would fit.
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ladies are cracking me up with your scanner shots! Methinks PS has a new trend! Mara there is something " artsy" about your scanner pic!
36.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I finally talked my BF into letting me take the cushion out to try and scan it last night ("But once its set, I won''t be able to scan it by itself...), and all of my scanner pics came out crappy. Mara, I seem to be having the same problems as you...Weirdly dark and streaky looking.

I think this has to do with what kind of scanner you have. I also have a copier/printer/scanner/fax combo (and HP) and it normally scans pictures and documents perfectly!

Matatora -- what kind of scanner do you have?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe thanks to Mat''s picture I snuck in here to get a picture of the ring all by itself
41.gif

scancu.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
fatafelice i was wondering about that, like maybe our scanner/printer/fax combo thing is just good enough for docs and other paperwork (i have even scanned in us weekly ring celebrity spreads with great results) but the hand and ring thing was just not happening no matter how i tried it.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 8:34:06 PM
Author: fatafelice
Okay, I finally talked my BF into letting me take the cushion out to try and scan it last night (''But once its set, I won''t be able to scan it by itself...), and all of my scanner pics came out crappy. Mara, I seem to be having the same problems as you...Weirdly dark and streaky looking.

I think this has to do with what kind of scanner you have. I also have a copier/printer/scanner/fax combo (and HP) and it normally scans pictures and documents perfectly!

Matatora -- what kind of scanner do you have?
I don''t know what kind my parents is (the aquamarine shots) but the one in the university computer lab is flat bed scanner....and I would say several years old by the looks of things.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say I''ve really cracked up at this thread and I can''t believe the amount of detail that some of you were able to get with your rings. They look fantastic! So of course I had to try but I''m in the not so good camp. I, too, have a printer/scanner/copier and I just couldn''t get a good scan. This was the best I could do and you can''t really tell what my ring looks like at all. WAH!!!

cmsscanner.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just...gotta...zooom...in Michelle! We wanna see more ring and more bracelet!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 5:27:59 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Just...gotta...zooom...in Michelle! We wanna see more ring and more bracelet!!!
seriously- it looks good... just a little closer, please
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, I tried again. Don''t know if this is any better, though.

cmsscanner1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh - that''s better!!!!!!
36.gif
30.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Well, here''s my Whiteflash XO Pendant .50tcw that I have yet to post in it''s own thread : ) It''s really quite lovely, and the fire from those .125 suckers is amazing! Pity the scanner did not pick any of it up.

I hope you guys with good results post more pictures, really enjoying the ones posted so far!

I wish you well,

Bridget

bee WF XO 50 pen.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very kool Bridget!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too bad you can''t scan a neck shot Bridget!
2.gif
Though that would look awkward, especially at work.
9.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I work for a tiny company, basically, there is the boss and one employee, me! I am also pretty chesty, so I can imagine the scan with mashed boobs trying to get the pendant to even touch the screen : ) I believe that the first scan came out so darkly because I couldn''t block the outside light with my hand holding the lid up.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neck Shots!! Neck Shots!!
9.gif

worthless5.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeeeah, so I had to scan an actual work related document just now, and I couldn''t be over there scanning things without trying to get another ring shot!!!! I think this is my favorite so far!
9.gif

scannedhand3b.JPG

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
BUT I stupidly forgot to zoom....so this is just me zooming in Acrobat so the quality''s not that great. But it''s sooo sparkly!!!!
9.gif

scannedhand3.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh great scanner shots, Albi! I''ve been wanting to tell you that I tried your ring on at the mall the other week
3.gif
It is sooo delicate! Now I know why you love it, I don''t just have to see why you love it. Although these scanner shots are amazing
2.gif
It''s beautiful in person! And the diamonds on top of the prongs are so fun and pretty.
9.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 1:34:43 PM
Author: sunkist
Oh great scanner shots, Albi! I''ve been wanting to tell you that I tried your ring on at the mall the other week
3.gif
It is sooo delicate! Now I know why you love it, I don''t just have to see why you love it. Although these scanner shots are amazing
2.gif
It''s beautiful in person! And the diamonds on top of the prongs are so fun and pretty.
9.gif

Hehehehehe, thanks sunkist!!!
9.gif
That made my day!! I''m glad you liked it!!!
9.gif

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Can you tell my work scanner is ancient? At least you can''t see my wrinkly hands!

scanringimage2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results