shape
carat
color
clarity

Who knew scanners were so useful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread!
More
36.gif

More
36.gif

More
36.gif

Feed the beast!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
InLovewithMrH, you bracelet is gorgeous!!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how you guys got such good scans! This is what came out of mine. It''s a 5 stone 1.5ct ring, but it looks much better in person : ) ha ha

Any secrets, or what setting did you have your scanner on? Mine can scan a photo, magazine, newspaper, or document. Granted, this is an $80 Canon scanner, nothing fancy, so maybe it''s just only good for the 4 things it mentions that it can scan.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Scanned pic 5 stone.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
AAYYYYY! Sorry, it came out enormous!!! Photoshop said it was only 5.86 inches wide!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mat and Sunkist! I tried forever to take a good digital, but it never showed like I saw it.

Bridget, are you leaving the top of the scanner up? Try putting just your ring in the scanner and gently closing the top. Also, 5-1/5" on Photo Shop would be a large file. Try cropping the pic some....and change your image size closer to 100 pixels (96 x 96 is best)

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Firegoddess and Matatora, Your rings look great scanned
31.gif

Matatora damn that sucker is HUGE!

FIregoddess, you are just too funny - I don''t thik I would have the courage to scan at work.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I''m comming over my FI''s mother''s house on Sunday and hopefully I will have the courage to sneak a scan of my ring!
32.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 1:32:57 PM
Author: Kaleidoscopic
Firegoddess and Matatora, Your rings look great scanned
31.gif

Matatora damn that sucker is HUGE!

FIregoddess, you are just too funny - I don''t thik I would have the courage to scan at work.
Pshaw! Your ring is the same size!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Mat,
I don''t think I commented yet on your fabulous new diamond, but your scan pics here are excellent! Beauuuutiful!!
emthup.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Bridget, I like your picture! I think it looks really artsy!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 1:37:10 PM
Author: InLuvWithMrH
Mat,
I don''t think I commented yet on your fabulous new diamond, but your scan pics here are excellent! Beauuuutiful!!
emthup.gif
Why thank you...I love pictures, definitely a visual kind of kid! Your is pretty damn spiffy...love the avatar!
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 2:45:01 PM
Author: albicocca
Ooooh, nice one SuzyQZ!!!

Tacori...you said you were gonna try but I don''t see pics yet!!! Get working!
31.gif

And I agree, SUCH a fun and unexpected discovery!
9.gif

I know *shame* I tried FIs scanner with fail. I need to wait til he comes home to help me. I will try my hardest!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza!!! I love everyone''s new pictures...Mat I''m going to have to take close up shots of my ring like you did hehe!!

InLuvWithMrH I totally want your bracelet!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That bottom rainbow pic is awesome Matadora!!!
30.gif

I love that delicate bracelet InLuvWMrH....

That pic is very cool Bridget! Wonder why so dark...was the top open?

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Mat:

I have to say it again: your ring is just to die for, and your little hands are SO cute!

Best of luck to you!

P.S. Do you have to stick your hand into the scanner upside down to get the image? I''m confused!

BE
4.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I feel totally retarded...

I just spent 30 minutes upstairs with my scanner and I couldn''t get one shot to look remotely as good as your rings!!

Mine keeps coming out blurry or the ring is blurry and the hand is crisp or something odd. Also it''s blacking out my stone in odd areas and it totally doesn''t look like that. I''m also having a hard time squishing my hand down to the scanner so light is coming in, I tried to put a towel over the outsides.

Anyway, TIPS??? The funny thing is my hands look fine but the rings look icky!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry you are having issues with your scanner, I let the extra light in, and held my hand still. Which was a bummer when I zoomed in because it really just rescans at a higher res. I don’t know what to tell you, I hope it gets worked out, I think your rings would be fantastic for scanner shots!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I stuck my hand in the scanner with the ring closest to, and directly touching the glass. The cover to the scanner was against the palm of my hand.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another one where the background was lighter.

pear34.jpg

dancer

Rough_Rock
My scan didn''t turn out that great, but here it is.

ring scan.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is THAT a bezel set marquise? Must...get...closer scan!!!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

FG- your ring makes me drool I love it…and in the scanner!

Dancer- Oh your ring looking interesting, can you get the scanner to zoom in?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG oops - it didn''t look that way on my computer!
emembarrassed.gif
20.gif
20.gif

dancer

Rough_Rock
6.gif
Firegoddess! You made my hand look like an ugly troll hand! LOL! Here, I fixed it...better?

scan0001_edited-1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 4/14/2006 9:04:49 PM
Author: dancer
6.gif
Firegoddess! You made my hand look like an ugly troll hand! LOL! Here, I fixed it...better?
SORRY SORRY SORRY!!! My bad. For some reason it looks perfect, and bigger, in my powerpoint but looks odd in the final product.

Thanks for rescanning closer! It''s gorgeous! Definitely start a thread to tell us more.

You have lovely hands though, even when mutated by moi.
9.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 9:04:49 PM
Author: dancer
6.gif
Ooo! yes much better Dancer. Lovely ring
1.gif
I have to admit though, your comment above cracked me up! Distorting photos can do some scary things
3.gif

Tell us more about your ring in SMTR! and welcome to PS
35.gif

dancer

Rough_Rock
I don't have lovely hands...but they don't look THAT bad in person...! My hands are old, wrinkly, and for some reason, the scanner makes my fingers look fat! They really aren't fat. I wear a size 6. I laughed pretty hard when I saw YOUR verson of my scan...made me think of the dwarf in LOTR..."just pick me up and toss me!"

Edited:

Oh, and thanks for the welcome Sunkist. I read your post after I posted. Yup, pretty scary stuff, those distorted photos. It was like looking into a funhouse mirror...YIKES!

I'll try to get around to starting a thread about my ring.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m so sad...this is the best that i could come up with!! it looks horrible! i almost feel like my light in the scanner isn''t bright enough or something? everything comes out so dim and the stone has all these odd black areas?? which are totally not there in real life. and it''s also not lighting up my melee like FG''s images at all. i''m totally puzzled!

funky scanner shot.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, is your hand pointed downward in a way? Like the fingertips are touching the glass but your wrist is further away? I'm wondering if that could be going on cuz your wrist half of your hand (including the wband) gets fuzzy. Can you put your hand on the scanner glass straight such that the only thing touching the glass is your center stone? Or are you already doing that?

Dancer, I asked PS to delete that funky picture post I made...don't want you to have a weird hand picture on here!!

ETA: Damn Mara, your nails look GOOD.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG i think the only thing touching there is the diamond itself, that is why everything else seems fuzzy!!

hehe i am trying to keep my nails nice so that the new 2.32 will feel like my hand is worthy!! i actually got a mani last friday then meant to paint them myself but just haven't gotten around to it yet. hoping this weekend. i am shocked they haven't peeled yet, normally they don't like to be exposed this long. knock on wood!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results