shape
carat
color
clarity

Who could make these earrings?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I have a very neat idea for some dangly gemstone earrings, and I've collected some gemstone pairs to use. I have a pair of 7mm amethysts, 6mm natural blue zircons, and 5mm demantoid garnets. I want them all articulated from the largest down to the smallest from a shepherds hook wire. All stones will then be able to move and dangle. I'd like the stones each to be held by a very thin collet bezel so the pavilion of the stone shows just as much as the table. Then they can be attached by tiny jump rings to articulate.

I'm looking for a custom jeweler to make this work on a budget. I've just emailed Daniel M for a quote in both argentium silver and white golds. Can you think of anyone else I can approach? If this works out like I hope, I'm planning on gathering a set of warm stones to do a similar set in yellow gold!

cool dangles 1.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun idea! Would you consider Michael E?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh, yes! I hadn't thought of him. Thank you, Novel. I'll shoot an email to him right away!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Uppy, the color combination is totally yummy. They'll be unforgettable & everybody who sees them will be envious, me included!

--- Laurie

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Colors didn't come out very well in the photo. I had them under glass in the little case. They are all much more vivid IRL, especially the demantoids. They always come out looking muddy when they are actually so vivid!

If this comes out well, I want a pair in warm stones. What stones do you think?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
No other ideas or suggestions?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a cool design Uppy! I have a design idea sort of similar to that waiting in the wings..tho I think it will be for a necklace and bracelet. I think I emailed it to you a long time ago..You could check w/ um..mastergoldcraft I think is the seller name, on Etsy, or convo myheartmonster-she did my chrysoberyl ring and it's spectacular IMO (not that I'm biased or anything haha). PMGart on Etsy did that cool ring of Kismets I think..the one w/the...pink garnet?

I like the idea of having a cool pair and a warm pair..like autumn colors or what kind of warm are you thinking?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1305835442|2925908 said:
No other ideas or suggestions?
Well, I would have something like this done by my local jeweler. I know that doesn't help much, but it seems to be a straight-forward project that a competent bench should be able to handle.

Love the idea, and looking forward to pictures when it is complete.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1305842000|2925999 said:
That's a cool design Uppy! I have a design idea sort of similar to that waiting in the wings..tho I think it will be for a necklace and bracelet. I think I emailed it to you a long time ago..You could check w/ um..mastergoldcraft I think is the seller name, on Etsy, or convo myheartmonster-she did my chrysoberyl ring and it's spectacular IMO (not that I'm biased or anything haha). PMGart on Etsy did that cool ring of Kismets I think..the one w/the...pink garnet?

I like the idea of having a cool pair and a warm pair..like autumn colors or what kind of warm are you thinking?

It's not mine because I haven't had anything done by any etsy vendor yet. I can't think of who you do mean though.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shoot, sorry Kismet! I'll go on a hunt..

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Jetflair on etsy :D She made my mom's heart necklace and did an amazing job :D

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Little spesses on the bottom?

What warm colors? Red, orange, yellow, pink, peach?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'm open to choices for the warm colors. Garnets, tourmalines, spinels.... I'd like them to be more fall type warms than pastel warms. I'd do it in yellow gold.

I've messaged a bunch of etsy vendors. So far Daniel M is the only one who has agreed he could/would do it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1305925933|2926856 said:
I'm open to choices for the warm colors. Garnets, tourmalines, spinels.... I'd like them to be more fall type warms than pastel warms. I'd do it in yellow gold.

I've messaged a bunch of etsy vendors. So far Daniel M is the only one who has agreed he could/would do it.

I was going to say Daniel M in the very beginning. That looks like something he would design even. Good luck!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1305925933|2926856 said:

Tiny yellow diamonds?? :naughty:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yellow citrines, spesses and red garnets or spinels!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here are some options. Left to right they each measure 7mm, 6mm, 5mm.

three possibilities.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will take a little bit of time, but I'd look for two round chrysoberyls. They combine well with most colors. Spinels have become expensive, of course, otherwise there would be many possibilities (although you still can buy round spinels on a budget on ebay; mostly light pink, hence not so warm, but very pretty). Amethysts are not warm too, but they look well with yellow.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I would say try DanielM too. I am reserving judgment on my ring maker at the moment, but no further comments for now.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I've found a very promising new Etsy vendor I'm going with. I have really high hopes for this. If the set of cool stones works in sterling, I'm going to have her do the warm stones in gold.

I'm going to keep all of you in suspense until they arrive. Hopefully we'll have a great new option for custom commissions at reasonable prices!! :naughty:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Upgradable|1306250385|2929111 said:
I've found a very promising new Etsy vendor I'm going with. I have really high hopes for this. If the set of cool stones works in sterling, I'm going to have her do the warm stones in gold.

I'm going to keep all of you in suspense until they arrive. Hopefully we'll have a great new option for custom commissions at reasonable prices!! :naughty:

Here's hoping that they turn out perfect!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh you TEASE!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here are the CADs for my cool stone dangle earrings. Their designed by Adzias Jewelry Atelier on Etsy. They will be in 14k white gold. The amethyst are 9mm, blue zircons are 7mm, and demantoids are 5mm. I think they look fabulous and cannot wait to see them IRL!

cool dangles 1.JPG

dangle CAD.JPG

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Uppy ~

OMG, can you say :love: ?!? Your idea seems rather perfectly executed. I am happy for you and cannot wait to see pics of them, ear shots of course, upon arrival!

~ faegrace

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think I'm going to start a new thread on these CADs.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
OMG !!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results