shape
carat
color
clarity

My Malaya garnet ring by PMGART

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I meant to post photos of my Malaya garnet ring for several months, but with the Canon G9 at the repair shop I didn't have the means to. I got a compact camera today for taking photos at the tennis next week, or mainly photos of Federer.
11.gif
So here's my newest ring and my review on PMGART, an Etsy jeweller, with the best customer service and with lots of creativeness.

The garnet is my second loose coloured stone purchase (my avatar), cut by Barry Bridgestock, 8.5mm in diameter. It's a delicious pink colour in the sun and in incandescent light, a rich cognac colour in energy saving light. I got the idea of setting the stone in a pinkish tinge metal, cinnamom recommended I tried contacting Pal of PMGART and see what he can do.

I emailed him a photo of an Eva Martin ring with a pink tinged metal, he went to work mixing different metal alloys trying to replicate the colour, but could not get close to the pinkish white metal depicted in the picture, eventually it was decided the colour balance of the photo might be off. I opted for 18k white gold and sent him my stone along with some transitional cut tiny diamonds. The whole process he was communicative, polite and easy to work with.

I had a vague idea of what I like, reverse shank and semi bezel. Pal came up with something really gorgeous and not something I could ever design myself, it was beyond my expectations. Add to that he didn't give up on the metal alloy and tried again, although it's not the pinkish white tinge, the metal colour goes really well with both pink and cognac brown.

So here's my ring, please excuse the bad photos and dry hand.

IMG_1733 (640x480).jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
A work in progress photo.

12 (534x600).jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Outdoor 1.

IMG_1729 (480x640).jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Outdoor 2.

IMG_1730 (640x480).jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Outdoor 3.

IMG_1732 (640x480).jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Outdoor 4.

IMG_1734 (640x480).jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Indoor.

IMG_1776 (640x480).jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG,
Are you Down Under? I’m a huge tennis fan myself and know the AO has started so when you said you’ll be seeing Federer next week, I presume you must be there. Anyway, back on topic. The setting is very unique and bespoke.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 7:53:18 AM
Author: Chrono
LG,
Are you Down Under? I’m a huge tennis fan myself and know the AO has started so when you said you’ll be seeing Federer next week, I presume you must be there. Anyway, back on topic. The setting is very unique and bespoke.
Thanks Chrono, I'm very pleased with the ring, although it's pretty heavy, around 9 grams (no where near Lesler's new tourmaline ring
30.gif
), it's comfortable. And yes I'm from Australia, I love going to the tennis, we have tickets to several games, hopefully will see some good tennis matches and see Federer play live (tickets in his draw so hopefully he plays night on those days). I believe we might also get to see a magic moments match, Pat Rafter vs Goran Ivanisevic.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a creative design, very unique!

Another huge tennis fan here who has lines under his eyes these days due to watching tv coverage from Melbourne during the night
9.gif
Have fun over there, although I''m sure that''s guaranteed if you get to see my countryman (Ivanisevic)...
1.gif
I''ll be looking carefully in case they show some lady with a large bezeled ring
9.gif

Greetings from snowy Croatia!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous gorgeous Ring! I love the design!
36.gif

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a cool and beautiful ring!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I love that garnet and the ring is quite unique as well. Thanks for sharing, and introducing us to a new vendor!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous LG!!!! I love everything about it! the lines and curves
18.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning! I love the flowing lines of the setting. It''s romantic and fanciful! Gorgeouse stone, too!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a gorgeous color! And beautiful setting too!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I love bezels! Very nice ring!! My husband would be envious. He lives for tennis - lol!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
WOW, so awesome and unique!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring and the garnet is a great color.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 10:56:14 AM
Author: ma re
Wow, what a creative design, very unique!

Another huge tennis fan here who has lines under his eyes these days due to watching tv coverage from Melbourne during the night
9.gif
Have fun over there, although I''m sure that''s guaranteed if you get to see my countryman (Ivanisevic)...
1.gif
I''ll be looking carefully in case they show some lady with a large bezeled ring
9.gif

Greetings from snowy Croatia!
Greetings mr. ma re
Thank you. I remember the Croatian girls at my highschool really liked Ivanisevic.
9.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Arcadian, MTG, AustenNut, D&T, Snicklefritz, Kribbie, Cind11, MC, pp & Marcyc.
12.gif

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so modern and unique! That stone is an amazing color, do you have any shots in different lighting? I don''t know if that''s hard to take or not?

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
LG, your ring is gorgeous. I love how fluid the gold in the ring looks.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 3:17:04 AM
Author: winternight
Wow, so modern and unique! That stone is an amazing color, do you have any shots in different lighting? I don''t know if that''s hard to take or not?
Thank you winternight. Here''re two more showing the garnet in brown colour under indoor lights, my photos aren''t very good.

IMG_1783 (640x480).jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 3:42:38 AM
Author: DiaDiva
LG, your ring is gorgeous. I love how fluid the gold in the ring looks.
Thank you DiaDiva!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2010 7:53:18 AM
Author: Chrono
LG,
Can you accept one more member into your tennis fan club?

Sorry, back to topic. I really like the stone and the setting. Sorry to ask, but is the jeweller reasonable or on higher end (price-wise)?

Just looked at the photo in the evening light. Wanted to drink it, it is so cognac-y.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I REALLY like the cutouts in the underside of that bezel and the way that it attaches to the band. That''s a very attractive ring !

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its very unique! It actually reminds me of waves in the ocean for some reason. Very flowy and curvey.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results