shape
carat
color
clarity

Who are the top democratic presidential candidates for 2020?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, it was a kind of meandering word salad in which she seemed to say Gabbard was being groomed to be a Russian asset, not that she was one. There's a difference. One is within her control, one isn't.

Since Gabbard was polling at somewhere around 2% at the time, she's going to have a pretty tough time asserting damages.

She's suing for defamation which I find reasonable (even if she has no chance of winning) considering how prominent Clinton is. It's being reported that Clinton is saying good things about Biden. She's probably schmoozing for vp (and yes I realize I'm cynical about her).

When discussing the Democratic presidential primary, Clinton said that “somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary”—she does not use a candidate’s name—is being groomed by the Republican party “to be a third party candidate.”
https://time.com/5788779/warren-bloomberg-ndas-contract/
“She’s the favorite of the Russians,” Clinton continued. “They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far. And, that’s assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she’s also a Russian asset. Yeah, she’s a Russian asset.”

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
She's suing for defamation which I find reasonable (even if she has no chance of winning) considering how prominent Clinton is. It's being reported that Clinton is saying good things about Biden. She's probably schmoozing for vp (and yes I realize I'm cynical about her).

When discussing the Democratic presidential primary, Clinton said that “somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary”—she does not use a candidate’s name—is being groomed by the Republican party “to be a third party candidate.”
“She’s the favorite of the Russians,” Clinton continued. “They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far. And, that’s assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she’s also a Russian asset. Yeah, she’s a Russian asset.”

Sorry- don't have time to read the linked article right now, but will later.

You still have to prove damages to win a defamation suit, and I think someone polling at around 2% might have a hard time making that case, and she'd already announced she wasn't running for congress again. God knows, if Trump is anything to go by, being accused of being a Russian asset seems to be a positive for 38% of the population, so it could just as easily have helped her. She'd also have to make a pretty strong case that Clinton acted with malice, knowingly making a false statement with reckless disregard for the truth.

And I can't imagine HRC is even potentially in the running for VP. She doesn't help bring in young voters, more left-wing voters or more racially diverse voters, and she's certainly smart enough to know that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another liberal who doesn't know how to do simple math. Williams and B. Sanders had the same math teacher in grade school??... :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so wish you would post gaffes and lies that Trump says. One can wish.

Also who cares what Brian Williams says anyway? not me.

Here's another liberal who doesn't know how to do simple math. Williams and B. Sanders had the same math teacher in grade school??... :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is embarassing, only off by a factor of what, a million. But at least his comments will not kill the general public if they follow his advice, unlike Trump.

"If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better," he said.

The CDC has said people displaying symptoms should stay home and self-quarantine unless they are seeking medical care.

"People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to isolate at home during their illness. You should restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis."

CDC is already overloaded with work due to this virus. They have another full time job trying to correct correct all the misinformation that 45 spouts. Being a scientist it is a very frustrating thing to live in a country who has a President who believes and repeats conspiracy theories.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She dropped off the radar shortly after HIlliary Clinton (exhibiting her enduring talent for being a bitter venom-tongued viper) accused her of being a "Russian asset." Gabbard is suing Clinton and said that the accusation is retribution because she supported Sanders rather than Clinton in 2016.
This is true.

“Gabbard resigned as DNC vice chair on February 28, 2016, in order to endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for the nomination for President of the United States. She was the first congresswoman to endorse Sanders and later gave the nominating speech putting his name forward at the 2016 Democratic National Convention”.

She is not a Russian agent. I have been following her since that DNC scandal. She is a moderate liberal. She is a Hindu. She is gorgeous. Maybe not a great speaker.

I was supporting Hillary till the end of elections, but boy, is she vindictive...

ETA: the same men who did not vote for Hillary might vote for Tulsi. Especially after her workout video and surfing photos.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Again - I was the biggest supported of HRC, but she is delusional. She is out of politics, and can’t see it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She has two, from American Samoa where she was born.

I'm sorry that Warren never gained much traction. I would have LOVED to see her in a debate with Trump! That said, I don't think debates matter all that much. People on opposite sides watch the same debate and think their guy won.

Warren had my (and my husband's) vote on Tuesday. I don't agree with all of her plans/policies but I think she is smart, driven and genuine. I'm glad she's in the Senate.

Sadly, no. Trump got under her skin with that Pocahontas. She should have said, “my ethnicity results if you publish your tax returns”, and that would have been the end of his bullying.

Warren is an honest woman, and a smart one. I don’t know what kind of a president she’d make, but definitely better than the remaining ones. MOO.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to say there is NOT bad blood between Tulsi and Hillary, but it is more than that. Tulsi can choose to sue anyone she wants, for any amount of money she wants (good luck). but the facts are Tulsi is running as a Democrat, but acting like a Russia asset to disrupt this election. Something she has no control over: Russia propaganda, both mainstream media and bots pushing her and her (ironically often Russian-aligned) positions.

Things under her control. In the last election endorsed Sanders even though she shares no platform policy agreement with him (why?) She met with Assad and defended the dictator, putting her at odds with mainstream US foreign policy. That alone made her a pariah. She defended Trump withdrawing from Sytria, which allowed our allies the Kurds to get slaughtered, and Turkey and Russia taking our place.
She is cozy with Trump. met with his team (supposedly in talks to work with him). She also hired a political advisor Christopher Cooper who has ties to both Trump and the Kremlin.

So I have no idea what the hell is going on with her. She has really dubious groups promoting her. Either she is incredibly naive and is being used by some bad folks, or has really bad judgment.

@partgypsy, there are different ways to look at it.

Hillary voted for Iraq invasion. Has she ever visited Iraq?

Tulsi served in Iraq.

That she was unafraid to visit Syria... maybe it shows her courage?

I can assure you in Russia, no one has ever heard about Tulsi, lol.

I first found out about her from Sanders’ young supporters in 2016.

That DNC is untouchable. I understood it when Sanders tried to sue it. Debbie Wasserman Schultz said “DNC is a private organization”, and that was it.

But how come a private organization runs the party?

I am horribly disappointed. I can’t bring myself to even consider voting Republican, because the moment they mention religion, or abortions, or their usual nonsense, and they always do, I am like “I am out of here”.

But I got horribly disappointed in the Democrats after they killed Sanders-Klobuchar’s bill.

I don’t know who to vote for. Honestly.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What bill did the Democrats kill? I think we will have to agree to disagree to about tulsi though I agree she's gorgeous. Hopefully pple won't mind if share this 88210795_10221974472136768_5925307443855753216_n.jpg is to

Here. It took me a while to find it, you know. There is almost no info about this bill. I had to go to Murray’s vote of Feb 2017 to find it.

It was the proposal to import drugs from Canada at cheaper cost than they are sold here.

You really have to go individually to each senator and see their voting history of February 2017.

Killed 52-78

...no, of course, the Democrats did not kill it. Most Republicans, predictably, voted against it. But it would have passed, if 14 Democratic Senators did not vote against it. Among them - Cory Booker and two of my Senators, Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell.

I supported Patty Murray to such a degree that one year, when I lost my absentee ballot, I stayed at the poll station till 3 am to cast my vote for her. Her vote against Klobuchar’s amendment showed me how naive in politics I was.

So this time, when Maria Cantwell ran for the senator again, I left it blank. Could not make myself vote for another Republican, and could not vote for her, either. My first blank...

I think we need a third party.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^
:((:oops:;(:roll::rolleyes::eek-2::sick::naughty::wall:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When is Sanders going to surrender?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where are the Kavanaugh "I believe gang" now?

Did CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the left wing media mention anything about this allegation?

I wouldn't believe the allegation w/o any proof.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did ya check?

Where are the Kavanaugh "I believe gang" now?

Did CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the left wing media mention anything about this allegation?

I wouldn't believe the allegation w/o any proof.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is Senator Hirono and Blumenthal ? why no comments ? The two I believers during the Kavanaugh hearing.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a liberal. But right now I’m so very disappointed that Biden is our choice. I also noticed people don’t bother to post on this thread and yet, there is so much to discuss. I’m looking for encouragement. How are we feminists going to support a man who allegedly sexually assaulted a woman? How are we going to turn a blind eye? I anticipate that many will bring in Trump, but can we liberals really be ok stooping that low? Isn’t remaining true to our convictions above all else? I’m having a hard time reconciling my choices right now.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a liberal. But right now I’m so very disappointed that Biden is our choice. I also noticed people don’t bother to post on this thread and yet, there is so much to discuss. I’m looking for encouragement. How are we feminists going to support a man who allegedly sexually assaulted a woman? How are we going to turn a blind eye? I anticipate that many will bring in Trump, but can we liberals really be ok stooping that low? Isn’t remaining true to our convictions above all else? I’m having a hard time reconciling my choices right now.

I wonder how the independents will sway?

Edit - I am so angry at the hypocrisy between the Kavanaugh mess and how this new allegation is being treated in the media.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems this election will once again be a vote against, rather than for, a candidate.

I started a thread on this and sadly, this is what I’m finding.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how the independents will sway?

Edit - I am so angry at the hypocrisy between the Kavanaugh mess and how this new allegation is being treated in the media.
yup, SILENCE :silenced: from all the left wing media. The liberals play by a different set of rules.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yup, SILENCE :silenced: from all the left wing media. The liberals play by a different set of rules.

Not all but most. He hasn't been asked about it during any interview since the allegations came out. Pathetic.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The liberals here ain't gonna reply to any of your Qs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I started a thread on this and sadly, this is what I’m finding.

@nala I read your thread and I feel similarly frustrated. We don't have any amazing candidates running. I agree. Are the allegations true? IDK. But like the others here I feel we have no choice but to vote AGAINST Trump. At this stage of the game I don't know if anything would change no matter the info we find out about Biden.

IMO we need to vote against Trump. I am not going to lie. I often end up voting against a candidate vs voting for one. That seems to be the way it goes much of the time. But never more than now. A vote against Trump is hopefully a vote to save our country. I just hope it isn't too late.

For the record I am registered an independent. I generally vote Democrat that is true but I do not consider myself affiliated with any party. I am liberal on all social matters but conservative fiscally.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The media's lack of curiosity and fervent spinning/cover for Biden is so disgusting. How can anyone actually claim there is not media bias?

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Didn't the senate ignore Dr Ford's testimony? didnt the rightwing republicans ignore EVERYTHING about Trump? So what do you expect?

I have read everything and I am unsure that he did what she said, but I am sure that she never said anything to anyone about 'assault' that has come out and corroborated her story, she is a Bernie fan, she voted for Biden 2x she says... I believe she thinks something happened, as with Kavanaugh I wish people who could corroborate her story would come forward, but in the Senate they didn't feel that way.. right now the country is in the midst of a pandemic and THAT is taking all and much of the news, when this blows over this will become more newsworthy. I keep my mind open, I believe her original story that she didn't like the way he touched her hair or something like that.. the rest? not so sure yet.

The media's lack of curiosity and fervent spinning/cover for Biden is so disgusting. How can anyone actually claim there is not media bias?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd not heard of CryptoCoinNews (CCN) before now, but that piece seems like awfully breathless speculation to me

So I hope you don't mind if I link to a post of mine (in response to @Dancing Fire's pointing a finger awhile back at a purportedly damning tape of Biden). It recaps, with a link, the Wall Street Journal's investigative reporting of the claim that VP Biden sought the ouster of Ukraine's then prosecutor Shokin in order to thwart Shokin's investigation of Burisma.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-the-united-states.251557/page-2#post-4617795

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results