shape
carat
color
clarity

Who are the top democratic presidential candidates for 2020?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw a blurb that Biden is asking Klobuchar to undergo vetting as vp candidate. I'm relieved about this. I think the two of them would be a good team. I'm hoping he doesn't choose Warren. I don't believe they mesh well.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m just getting more and more concerned that there’s going to be massive amounts of strategic voter disenfranchisement this year based on the republicans regaining legal permission to “monitor” poll sites and trump seemingly cherry picking which states he feels should be allowed to mail in votes and which can’t because it would be “voter fraud”.

I don’t know that there’s anything I can do about it though :(

Also I’m sad the game of thrones meme didn’t have Yang on it. There was an episode on Patriot Act on how nobody paid attention to him even when he was doing well lol. Reporters often got his name wrong or just forgot about him entirely. Haha he should be Tyrion Lannister: smart, good at seeing the big picture, but nobody takes him seriously..

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m just getting more and more concerned that there’s going to be massive amounts of strategic voter disenfranchisement this year based on the republicans regaining legal permission to “monitor” poll sites and trump seemingly cherry picking which states he feels should be allowed to mail in votes and which can’t because it would be “voter fraud”.

Putin must be delighted that the Russians don't have to shoulder all the responsibility for meddling in the our next election.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.09.17 PM.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm worried about Biden choosing Kobuchar as VP. I think it might alienate the more liberal folks who would have otherwise voted for Bernie. I just don't want the left to be divided or have anyone stay home.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m worried about statements like this one. Wtf?

Heard that this morning; is there a demographic or voting block left that Biden actually does want to vote for him? :confused:

He’s pretty much told everyone except the dead to ‘vote for the other guy’.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

He's an idiot two rungs higher on the ladder than tRump and has the potential to sink to the same level of idiocy as tRump. I can't even muster up cautious optimism about the next election.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heard that this morning; is there a demographic or voting block left that Biden actually does want to vote for him? :confused:

He’s pretty much told everyone except the dead to ‘vote for the other guy’.
How stupid can he be??? :confused:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah, very concerning. What is it with (some) politicians and loss of filters? Just when you need good judgment the most they seem to have it the least. ::)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This is why I hope for the 2024 cycle America can get away from, and seriously consider something other than, having an old and older choice of candidate to choose from.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

I don’t know that there’s anything I can do about it though :(

Also I’m sad the game of thrones meme didn’t have Yang on it. There was an episode on Patriot Act on how nobody paid attention to him even when he was doing well lol. Reporters often got his name wrong or just forgot about him entirely. Haha he should be Tyrion Lannister: smart, good at seeing the big picture, but nobody takes him seriously..

* We got to meet Yang twice when he stopped in Maine and he was really funny and sharp. He came across as very competent, he had some great ideas. We were definitely wanting to be part of the Yang gang.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
* We got to meet Yang twice when he stopped in Maine and he was really funny and sharp. He came across as very competent, he had some great ideas. We were definitely wanting to be part of the Yang gang.

Yang was my first choice of the whole pack, by far. Progressive without being utterly unrealistic and pie-in-the-sky, smart, down to earth, and as you say, competent and with great ideas. He really looked at the long-term picture, and that is so incredibly rare (and needed) among humans in general, let alone politicians.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is why I hope for the 2024 cycle America can get away from, and seriously consider something other than, having an old and older choice of candidate to choose from.

This. This is the reason why I'm about 75% convinced that Trump will win again this year. The competitor is a bumbling old guy with a sexual assault accusation hanging over his head. If Trump was competing against a sparkling, charismatic, energetic younger person, I think there'd be a better chance that he'd lose. If Trump was competing against Obama now, I think Obama would have a good chance. But it's Biden. He's just not enough to capture the public's imagination and compete against The Donald Show.

I want the Orange Times to end as much as anyone, but I feel almost duty-bound to warn others in advance that Trump might well win again, to soften the awful blow. :(2

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yang was my first choice of the whole pack, by far. Progressive without being utterly unrealistic and pie-in-the-sky, smart, down to earth, and as you say, competent and with great ideas. He really looked at the long-term picture, and that is so incredibly rare (and needed) among humans in general, let alone politicians.

Oh, me too. Yang was my first choice, Warren my second, Buttigieg third, Klobuchar fourth. I definitely prefer smart, competent candidates who are humble and able to negotiate.

I support the spirit of progressives but am very cautious on the implementation. Progressivism isn't a required attribute of a candidate, but their progressive ideals don't bother me as long as they are down-to-earth about implementing realistic reforms and working within the system rather than hijacking the system for some uncompromising ideal/belief.

voce

Ideal_Rock
This. This is the reason why I'm about 75% convinced that Trump will win again this year. The competitor is a bumbling old guy with a sexual assault accusation hanging over his head. If Trump was competing against a sparkling, charismatic, energetic younger person, I think there'd be a better chance that he'd lose. If Trump was competing against Obama now, I think Obama would have a good chance. But it's Biden. He's just not enough to capture the public's imagination and compete against The Donald Show.

I want the Orange Times to end as much as anyone, but I feel almost duty-bound to warn others in advance that Trump might well win again, to soften the awful blow. :(2

Even if Trump wins re-election, I'm fairly certain that he'll go down in history as not a great president. I'm sure in future decades we'll see plenty of books analyzing his many failings as a leader.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Even if Trump wins re-election, I'm fairly certain that he'll go down in history as not a great president. I'm sure in future decades we'll see plenty of books analyzing his many failings as a leader.

He'll be the modern day Nero, except this time the stories about him 'golfing on the rooftop' will be verifiably true.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lindsey Graham better buy himself some titanium britches when this widely airs because his words are coming back to chomp his butt.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results