shape
carat
color
clarity

Who’s NOT planning an upgrade? Show me your forever set!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG...you still alive? I still remember horse's name...:lol:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG...you still alive? I still remember horse's name...:lol:

Haha! Yep, I’m still alive! How have you been, DF? Busy planning Mrs. DF’s next upgrade I hope! :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Yep, I’m still alive! How have you been, DF? Busy planning Mrs. DF’s next upgrade I hope! :mrgreen2:

@Irishgrrrl, Hahaha I think Dancing Fire is busy planning *his* upgrade. Bwahahaha.:lol:
Hey @Dancing Fire F send Mrs DF our way and we will help her upgrade....you can trust us.:whistle:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
M

MTHealthyLiving

37DF67E1-9B84-4774-8F48-0602B7180493.jpeg 9411990B-EE25-4DD9-8BA3-D3AB2CD316EB.jpeg
Western Europe here. Upgrading a gift is something I simply can’t understand. “Hey, what you gave was great!!! .... but not great enough. I’ll get something bigger and better if you don’t mind. I know you asked me to be you wife with this gift. You put thought and your heart into it! But I want more!!” Sorry but that’s what I hear in my head when I read about upgrades... I don’t mind some more bling with time but I have another hand and two ears and wrist and a neck which I can decorate with gorgeous shiny things.
Anyways. I have a forever set I love beyond everything. I can’t wear the band for another 56 days but I have a picture.

I had no IDEA people "upgraded" until I found this community, and I'm in the USA! Lol!!! It took me a looooong time to wrap my head around it too. My husband proposed with his grandmother's wedding ring, which I had the choice to use the stone from, or pick out one I wanted. So I picked out one I liked. At the time. I loved it actually. Then I got fat and was told it couldn't be resized. Supposedly my wedding band couldn't be resized either. So in a jewelry box they both sat for 6 years. Then my husband bought me a new ring for my birthday last year. Instead of just appreciating it, I went on a mission to get the wedding band resized so I could wear both of the very special rings together. But he took it as me thinking the new ring wasn't good enough to wear alone. That was totally NOT the case. I am just sentimental enough that I wanted to wear both. THEN I broke the new ring, which is now being reset. Again, more upset from the hubby. He thought the new ring was sentimental enough that I should just wear it broken until it fell apart. I'm sentimental enough that I wanted it fixed and the stones preserved. So after all that, he said he probably won't buy me any gifts like that again, as he fears it wouldn't be good enough. So, my reset ring will probably be my forever.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can confidently say I am finally satiated with my ER diamond (only took me 3 or 4 tries lol) and I am never planning to upgrade my OEC. Probably will change the setting at some point but loving it just as she is for now. But the diamond I am keeping forever. At least for my forever.:sun:
And I am never changing my Black Opal either.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 6.52.28 AM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had always thought I'd upgrade my 3 stone to a big, honking solitaire. But....

I adore my 3 stone. It's everything I ever wanted and I can't bring myself to demolish it - or even change it! So it's here to stay. Every time I've thought about changing it I get sad, and it was bought for me with such love, I don't want to take it apart or imply that it's anything less than perfect. Because this ring is the BOMB, BABY!

But I DO still want a big soli, so somewhere down the track I'll buy something large - possibly a cushion, or maybe an EC - somewhere in the 5ct range - to halo.

But the three-stone stays. :kiss2:

3.05 3 stone.jpeg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had always thought I'd upgrade my 3 stone to a big, honking solitaire. But....

I adore my 3 stone. It's everything I ever wanted and I can't bring myself to demolish it - or even change it! So it's here to stay. Every time I've thought about changing it I get sad, and it was bought for me with such love, I don't want to take it apart or imply that it's anything less than perfect. Because this ring is the BOMB, BABY!

But I DO still want a big soli, so somewhere down the track I'll buy something large - possibly a cushion, or maybe an EC - somewhere in the 5ct range - to halo.

3.05 3 stone.jpeg

Ya know, as someone who went from a three stone to a large solitaire, I can tell you that I do miss my three stone sometimes! It was my original e-ring so I kept her for sentimental reasons. I still wear her every once in awhile! Even a big solitaire can’t beat the finger coverage of a three stone! :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo @Irishgrrrl! Nice to see you again! :wavey:

I had the 5+ct soli a few years back and had a 4ct soli last year. But to get the proportions I really wanted (and to be able to afford colorless stones, frankly), it had to be a 3.05ct center, with 1.25ctw on the sides. And - exactly as you said - when you do that sort of ctw in a three stone, you get coverage for daaaaaays - which, with my chubby fingers, I love!

Interestingly enough, tho, over the last 8 months or so, my weight has been steadily dropping (45 lbs) and my fingers aren't so chubby anymore. Consequently, my 3 stone is getting 'bigger'!

The looks of a 3 stone and a soli are quite different, aren't they, and one really doesn't scratch the itch of the other. I have a 1.65ct diamond I was planning to turn into a 3 stone, then was going to use the center stone of my current 3 stone in an upgrade. That was the plan.... But this ring is just so perfect, I can't bring myself to touch it. So the soli will have to be a separate project altogether.

How will I ever get over the disappointment? :mrgreen:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had no IDEA people "upgraded" until I found this community, and I'm in the USA! Lol!!! It took me a looooong time to wrap my head around it too. My husband proposed with his grandmother's wedding ring, which I had the choice to use the stone from, or pick out one I wanted. So I picked out one I liked. At the time. I loved it actually. Then I got fat and was told it couldn't be resized. Supposedly my wedding band couldn't be resized either. So in a jewelry box they both sat for 6 years. Then my husband bought me a new ring for my birthday last year. Instead of just appreciating it, I went on a mission to get the wedding band resized so I could wear both of the very special rings together. But he took it as me thinking the new ring wasn't good enough to wear alone. That was totally NOT the case. I am just sentimental enough that I wanted to wear both. THEN I broke the new ring, which is now being reset. Again, more upset from the hubby. He thought the new ring was sentimental enough that I should just wear it broken until it fell apart. I'm sentimental enough that I wanted it fixed and the stones preserved. So after all that, he said he probably won't buy me any gifts like that again, as he fears it wouldn't be good enough. So, my reset ring will probably be my forever.
oh my goodness its so complicated
i think its so sweet you wanted to wear them together - even with the best of intentions who knows how the gift giving part of the male brain works ???
completly no judgment towards the ladies who do upgrade but like you, i only heard about it from this forum
now him and me have been together almost 20 years and im thinking no ring must be coming my way but i would treasure a $500 promise ring like it was the Hope diamond for the rest of my days should i be so lucky:wall:

i inherited my grandma and great Aunty's ERs and when i wear them i think about how long my grandad and great uncle must have had to save (it was durring the depression) and how hard they worked not forgetting also how much they loved their wives
my mum got quite a large ring from dad (definatly more than 2 months wages for an apprentice) and while she/he ? went on to buy a bigger dress ring she would never have upgraded the ring Dad gave her and she wore it every day.
i come from a long line of sentimental fools - my sister got the big sparkly guns - i wanted the family ones
anyway this whole upgrade thing has only just made sence as last year i brought a rose gold diamond ring for my LH index finger and on the recept/ guarentee was basically a voucher for an upgrade exchange - i didn't understand at all what it ment

i also brought the wee diamond promise ring for my pinkie because i just knew its the only way id get it :cry:
i think ladies whose husbands indulge them in jewlery (and my mum did ok by Dad) are so lucky meanwhile i treasure a shell he picked up off the beach
i have received a few bits and pieces from him but he doesn't choose it nor dose it happen spontaneously or regulary

i guess if someone's hubby is happy for an upgrade its ok - i mean good for them - but that's what i thought eternity rings were for ??
now i see brides get it with the wedding set and some brides get 2 wedding rings to go either side of the ER :shifty:
im obviously moving in different circles
im missing out somewhere along the line here:D
when i wear grandma or Aunty's ER i make sure nothing else out blings it
diffetent strokes for different folks i guess
it would be a somewhat borring and less sparkly world if we were all the same
anyway just my 2 cents as an unmaried person:confused:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

3.05 3 stone.jpeg
that is so beaitiful

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, @Daisys and Diamonds - I love it, too and will always remember all the work and effort that went into getting me this precious gift.
its so white !
im lying jn bed reading on my phone as a storm is keeping me awake
your ring glows like the moon in the darknes
i can only imamgine how spectacular in must be in real life

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness its so complicated
i think its so sweet you wanted to wear them together - even with the best of intentions who knows how the gift giving part of the male brain works ???
completly no judgment towards the ladies who do upgrade but like you, i only heard about it from this forum
now him and me have been together almost 20 years and im thinking no ring must be coming my way but i would treasure a $500 promise ring like it was the Hope diamond for the rest of my days should i be so lucky:wall:

i inherited my grandma and great Aunty's ERs and when i wear them i think about how long my grandad and great uncle must have had to save (it was durring the depression) and how hard they worked not forgetting also how much they loved their wives
my mum got quite a large ring from dad (definatly more than 2 months wages for an apprentice) and while she/he ? went on to buy a bigger dress ring she would never have upgraded the ring Dad gave her and she wore it every day.
i come from a long line of sentimental fools - my sister got the big sparkly guns - i wanted the family ones
anyway this whole upgrade thing has only just made sence as last year i brought a rose gold diamond ring for my LH index finger and on the recept/ guarentee was basically a voucher for an upgrade exchange - i didn't understand at all what it ment

i also brought the wee diamond promise ring for my pinkie because i just knew its the only way id get it :cry:
i think ladies whose husbands indulge them in jewlery (and my mum did ok by Dad) are so lucky meanwhile i treasure a shell he picked up off the beach
i have received a few bits and pieces from him but he doesn't choose it nor dose it happen spontaneously or regulary

i guess if someone's hubby is happy for an upgrade its ok - i mean good for them - but that's what i thought eternity rings were for ??
now i see brides get it with the wedding set and some brides get 2 wedding rings to go either side of the ER :shifty:
im obviously moving in different circles
im missing out somewhere along the line here:D
when i wear grandma or Aunty's ER i make sure nothing else out blings it
diffetent strokes for different folks i guess
it would be a somewhat borring and less sparkly world if we were all the same
anyway just my 2 cents as an unmaried person:confused:

I don't think upgrading is that common outside of PS or similar but i do hear more stories of younger couples choosing a simulant or non diamond, sone with the intention of saving up for another ring later. I don't know of anyone in real life who has upgraded or changed their rings and most people I know who are married don't seem to give them much thought.

Sparkly wedding bands are more common, from pave to eternity...I think thats just the style these days. I've seen lots of posts on here of people asking which bands *won't* outshine their ERs so i think people still want them to take center stage. :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to be a thread hog, but I took these photos today and...how could I ever think of letting this one get away??

20190515_135451.jpg

20190515_142617.jpg

20190515_142451.jpg

20190515_124955.jpg

20190515_135703.jpg

So bright, beautiful and bold @mrs-b LOVE LOVE LOVE and please thread hog away... you can never post too many photos of your beauty!:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember when this thread started last year. I wasn't convinced then that I had my final ring. Now I am, although I never say never, lol.

20190509_103717.jpg

Gorgeous ER :kiss2: and lol to "Never say never" that should be the PS motto.8) :bigsmile:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I can be fairly certain that my original ER is my final solitaire diamond set (forgive crappy pic), but that's mainly because nowadays I wear my avatar sapphire, much to hubby's bewilderment. I am slowly realizing I'm a CS girl, though I admire ALL of the amazing rings in this thread! 20190115_142029.jpg 20181110_113020.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can be fairly certain that my original ER is my final solitaire diamond set (forgive crappy pic), but that's mainly because nowadays I wear my avatar sapphire, much to hubby's bewilderment. I am slowly realizing I'm a CS girl, though I admire ALL of the amazing rings in this thread! 20190115_142029.jpg 20181110_113020.jpg

Love this - SO classy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to be a thread hog, but I took these photos today and...how could I ever think of letting this one get away??

20190515_135451.jpg

20190515_142617.jpg

20190515_142451.jpg

20190515_124955.jpg

20190515_135703.jpg

No, mrs-b, this one is a keeper for sure! It looks gorgeous on your hand!

TheBlingleys

Rough_Rock

20190515_135451.jpg

20190515_142617.jpg

20190515_142451.jpg

20190515_124955.jpg

20190515_135703.jpg

This is absolute perfection!!! Bling on and prosper.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20190515_135451.jpg

20190515_142617.jpg

20190515_142451.jpg

20190515_124955.jpg

20190515_135703.jpg

Perfection!! I love how your diamonds are set so they gracefully hug the curvature of your finger :kiss2:. You can never let that beauty go @mrs-b!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! :appl:
I have considered it, but I think the asschers overwhelm the AVC (0.11 ct asschers/1 ct AVC). If the AVC was bigger :twisted2: I think it would work! Asschers and cushions are my favourite shapes and I really like them together. More so IRL than in pictures! One day perhaps...
I can't put the rings on now, puffy pregnant fingers, but here are some pics!
20180307_135509.jpg

20180307_135439.jpg

THE best combo I’ve ever seen :appl::appl::appl:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*spits iced tea*

Sometimes we PSers even swap out the husband for a WIFE! Or maybe that's just me.
My sister has a wife too, they live in Maui.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results