shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiter stone

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
This is interesting to me because my 55 table and deeper stone diamond is very bright, I think more than my Super ideal with a 57.4 table and shallower. So is it the added “whiteness” of the 55’s E vs the 57’s H?

You have an E stone vs a H stone. Im pretty sure the E will be whiter regardless of the table size. Probably table size etc. really only comes into play inthe same Color Grade (plus/minus one color grade).

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
This is interesting to me because my 55 table and deeper stone diamond is very bright, I think more than my Super ideal with a 57.4 table and shallower. So is it the added “whiteness” of the 55’s E vs the 57’s H?

I think what it is meant by bigger table=white stone is that the bigger table might optically distract from yellow-ish hue that is observable to the naked eye when a diamond faces up. H will always be an H and E will always be an E. With super-ideals, the amount of fire and brilliance also might optically cover up the color as people will be more focused on the sparkle than the color. It is a little trick, if you will, that super-ideals provide so that one does not needlessly have to spend money on the color. Thus, for many people, it is recommended to increase the size and sacrifice the color.

I prefer smaller (55 max) tables for F and up colors and bigger for G and down. Now, I color is where most people start to notice the tint so I am not sure if the large table would work for more tinted diamonds.

Last edited:

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you! Whiteflash certainly knows how to produce a beautiful ring. Shout out to Brittany, Vera and the whole WF team who made the exchange happen in lightning speed. Consummate professionals and delightful people!

Aww. Thanks so much @TweetyBird23 It is always a pleasure!! It looks stunning on your lovely hand!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww. Thanks so much @TweetyBird23 It is always a pleasure!! It looks stunning on your lovely hand!

Thank you, beautiful lady! :kiss2: Sending my best to you and the rest of the Whiteflash team! #Vera-fied

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
What a lovely ring, so bright and shiny... glad you finally are happy with the stone and color! I love the Cartier Tank Francaise watch as well! =)2

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
The proportions look different depending on the camera angle. For reference, here is the same 2.5ct (~8.82mm) on size 4:

IMG_5255.jpg
IMG_5254.jpg

LOVE IT! Congrats! I think it’s perfectly proportioned to your finger size.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
The proportions look different depending on the camera angle. For reference, here is the same 2.5ct (~8.82mm) on size 4:

IMG_5255.jpg
IMG_5254.jpg
Looks perfect! What setting is that?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to share these pictures because the sparkle factor on this stone is insane! This is a stone that could represent WF in a super ideal beauty pageant. It lights up the couch! :-o:kiss2: C840A188-8082-482A-B778-1DA5F50E7C66.jpeg

ABE3E958-1FDB-4D6E-ABE7-A88443274965.jpeg 9840D38C-044D-4877-AD3A-659ACD2B40EE.jpeg

Stunning ❤️

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11! It's Whiteflash's semi-custom Elegant head setting in 14k gold (their standard is 18k rose gold) with a 6 prong platinum head. :)

So it’s this One?

Can I ask why you did 14k gold?

Whiteflash has so many that look so similar l— elegant, half round, knife edge... I’m having a hard time figuring out the differences.

I think I’m going to have mine reset in one of these in yellow gold with a white metal prongs.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@TweetyBird23 Please update us on How you feel about your beautiful diamond? Is the H color your sweet spot?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, that’s the one!

Honestly, the 14k rg was a mistake. I asked for a quote in 14k rg without realizing they would make it as requested. I would have been fine with their stock 18k rg as my wedding band is 18k. Both are lovely and I don’t notice a big difference. Whiteflash just went out of their way to deliver a ring exactly as I requested!
So it’s this One?

Can I ask why you did 14k gold?

Whiteflash has so many that look so similar l— elegant, half round, knife edge... I’m having a hard time figuring out the differences.

I think I’m going to have mine reset in one of these in yellow gold with a white metal prongs.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Lessics you are so sweet to ask! I adore the diamond and am so happy with it all around. The sparkle is INCREDIBLE and the color no longer bothers me! The only thing I would upgrade in the future may be the size or perhaps an even higher color. A 3 ct H VS ACA would run +$17k more so if the 2.5 H VS1 ACA turns out to be my final upgrade, I consider myself a very lucky girl! I wouldn’t have chosen this beauty without the help of our amazing PS community. Thank you to all of you for sharing your excitement, expertise and experience. I am so grateful!

IMG_5468.jpg IMG_5475.jpg

Last edited:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I have been reading through your journey and I love that you have been really taking your time to pick the right stone! It's gorgeous! Congratulations!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so happy to hear that you are happy. It really suits your hand so well. It’s such a elegant look!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I just have to say that is one of the most incredible photos ever! I've looked at a lot of fire photos - every single one is unique and magical. But I have never seen a diamond radiating like the sun, burning with nuclear fission from it's white hot core. :geek2::kiss2:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just have to say that is one of the most incredible photos ever! I've looked at a lot of fire photos - every single one is unique and magical. But I have never seen a diamond radiating like the sun, burning with nuclear fission from it's white hot core. :geek2::kiss2:

Thank you, @Texas Leaguer! It is easy to capture the fire on this beauty. I used a simple camera phone - no filter - and the stone was likely smudged from life with a toddler. Even its brilliance indoors is remarkable. It is an incredible diamond and working with Brittany and the rest of your team has been a joy. I look forward to upgrading my earrings in the future. THANK YOU!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I just finished catching up from when I last posted on your thread and am delighted to see that you were able to get the H stone set and on your hand! It is sooo gorgeous and it looks so bright and white, too! :love: Realistically, that is a great size. It still looks huge on your finger, and I think it's perfect in cut, color, clarity, and size! So happy this worked out for you!

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
@Lessics you are so sweet to ask! I adore the diamond and am so happy with it all around. The sparkle is INCREDIBLE and the color no longer bothers me! The only thing I would upgrade in the future may be the size or perhaps an even higher color. A 3 ct H VS ACA would run +$17k more so if the 2.5 H VS1 ACA turns out to be my final upgrade, I consider myself a very lucky girl! I wouldn’t have chosen this beauty without the help of our amazing PS community. Thank you to all of you for sharing your excitement, expertise and experience. I am so grateful!

IMG_5468.jpg IMG_5475.jpg

My Goodness. Wow was just about 1000 wows before :) Amazing pic!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I just finished catching up from when I last posted on your thread and am delighted to see that you were able to get the H stone set and on your hand! It is sooo gorgeous and it looks so bright and white, too! :love: Realistically, that is a great size. It still looks huge on your finger, and I think it's perfect in cut, color, clarity, and size! So happy this worked out for you!

My Goodness. Wow was just about 1000 wows before :) Amazing pic!

Thank you @diamondseeker2006! It's definitely the most beautiful diamond I have owned although I've come to appreciate the different personalities of my previous diamonds! There's something magical that happens to a stone when all 4 C's are excellent and converge into sparkle perfection. I better not spend too much time on Pricescope tho. Too many tempting beauties! :lol:

Thank you, @VeryUndecided! :)

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's definitely the most beautiful diamond I have owned although I've come to appreciate the different personalities of my previous diamonds! There's something magical that happens to a stone when all 4 C's are excellent and converge into sparkle perfection.

I. Hear. You. That whole super white / super clean / super ideal cut convergence is luxury and perfection personified. I am SO glad you went for the quality you did. This is a next-level stone and a gorgeous ring.

Congratulations. Great choice.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
@TweetyBird23 are you still in love with your ring? I’m looking to make a similar move from a larger lower color (2.38 I) to a smaller (2.1 H) with Whiteflash because the tint sometimes bothers me. How was it for you going to a smaller size stone? Any regrets?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 are you still in love with your ring? I’m looking to make a similar move from a larger lower color (2.38 I) to a smaller (2.1 H) with Whiteflash because the tint sometimes bothers me. How was it for you going to a smaller size stone? Any regrets?

Hi @Mamajemmy! I still think the stone is absolutely perfection and I’m relieved not to have the tint bother me anymore! It’s a great size but I do miss my larger stone! It’s always been a size vs color consideration for me. I am tempted to get a larger I color stone but haven’t pulled the trigger because a 2.5 H VS1 ACA is an incredible diamond!

What does your gut tell you? Which one would bother you less when you look down at your finger? I just remembered that I had a 2.3 I SI1 ACA that was also “absolute perfection”. If you are realistic about the stone showing more warmth than your H, it might be worth a shot!
BD26BEDC-0085-4241-BFC7-1FF1238D09E9.jpeg A4F92D72-A75D-4E86-A456-25688058F663.jpeg 433683E1-97DE-44DE-932F-26B9AB7B6996.jpeg 5CA4AFAF-207E-49C4-A519-FBF7484D3858.jpeg

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I’m sorry. It’s late. I thought you were going from a 2.1 H to a 2.3 I. Well, you already know the tint bothers you at times. Now having a 2.5 H, in hindsight I wouldn’t have stayed with a 2.88 J (that faced up like a 3 carat) because the tint really bothered me. BUT I might have stayed with my 2.9 K and called it a day because it was big, beautiful and although tinted, the price was great. It was a go big or go home mentality. I went home. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results