shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiter stone

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
She’s beauuutiful!! EBF42996-19BC-4A40-A1A2-A1E0079FA2FE.jpeg 453534E7-D53A-445F-836F-51CD0DEE2E21.jpeg AEAC5797-1342-4C3E-98A0-7FB51FAFBE21.jpeg E5F484C0-204A-4566-8B74-C0262C0DBC59.jpeg

Beautiful! And she looks HUGE. I don’t even see a big difference between your old diamond. It looks so very elegant on your finger!

And the prongs are so teeny - the whole setting really is great!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And she looks HUGE. I don’t even see a big difference between your old diamond. It looks so very elegant on your finger!

Thank you! I’m not going to lie, obviously I see a .5mm difference from my 2.9 K as it was my sweet spot in terms of size, but I’ve never had a diamond that was so gorgeous in all respects of the 4C’s! This thing will kill you with her sparkle. It’s been a while since I wore an H. She faces up very white!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous. Absolutely perfectly stunning. I love it - and I love it on your hand! I think the proportions to your finger are flawless. I *prefer* seeing band either side of a diamond - stops it from having that 'big blob with no design quotient' look.

The combination with your wedding ring is utterly delicious. My word, I hope you don't change this! This is a REAL find. Pure class.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
She’s a beauty! I hope you love it bc even in a photo she looks like a keeper. Aside from size & sparkle what’s your overall view on color? I personally find H to be the perfect sweet spot color in a stone. But that’s me.

KLE

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I think the size looks perfect on you! I think 2.5 ct is my goal size ;-)

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! Colorwise, she didn't get a fair first impression because as you know, the stone reflects back its surroundings, and I was wearing a black and brown leopard jumpsuit! From the profile, I notice a faint tint if I look for it but she faces up very white - even indoors, yay! I would call her a solid H which is a huge leap from the J-K range.

I wore a 1.6 H SI2 for many years and I feel like with a 2.5 H VS1, I have gone back to that - but with a serious upgrade! We are still getting acquainted and I am still getting used to not seeing tint when looking at her face up but she is an absolute beauty!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh soo beautiful! She looks gorgeous on you and I'm soo happy for you! :appl: :love: :love: :love:

CLL

Rough_Rock
Your ring is simply beautiful!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By George, I think you’ve done it! A white stone with great clarity at a size no one would turn down!!

It truly is a sweet stone and I am so happy that you have it. I know the size is still an issue but all things considered, I think you’ve done well. There can also be upgrades in the future but in the meantime, you are not living with a color that makes you unhappy.

Enjoy - we’ll look forward to the day when the world reopens and you can go toTiffany and try that Embrace band in a size 4!!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I’ve truly loved all of your different rings! I love the proportions of the size of this stone on your finger. It’s like Goldilocks!

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That stone is WHITE! And looks gorgeous in rose gold!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks perfect! Congratulations! :appl:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks, +1 everything you said. You have your finger on the pulse! I look forward to seeing her with all the different versions of the Embrace band!

When I tried on rings at Tiffany last year, I thought 2.3 was the PERFECT wearable size and 2.5ct was borderline too big to wear to the grocery store. I blame Pricescope for DSS! :lol:

Thank you everyone for your kind words and for following my crazy journey!

I was too excited for curated pictures so here she is stacked up crazy with her new friends.

IMG_5313.jpg

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I think you've done really well to get this one!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
it would be interesting to see how you like the H colored stone. I have just received mine and have mixed feelings about it. I wonder if it is worth paying $4,000 for a G color (mine is similar size as yours.) Sometimes I see the tint or a yellowish hue and other times I don't and I can't help but wonder if a G color would diminish the yellowish hue or that one color grad would be visible to the naked eye.
Hi @daisygrl my recut from BGD is an H and the tint is readily apparent to me. I find myself having a tendency to wear my lesser cut quality and much smaller E instead of the larger super ideal because of the color. Even tho the BGD has such amazing cut and performance and size, I keep being drawn to the E. I am waiting to get back my other recut because it’s a G. I will definitely post my observations.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Yay! You got her! It seems from your immediate reaction that she is a keeper. I need to see all sorts of video please. :)

I went from an H to a G and then an I. I wish I could have kept all three to compare them all with my eyes but my I is a killer!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@TweetyBird23 comgrats! Gorgeous! Looks amazing on you. The bands are perfect. Love the prongs. It looks ginormous!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Love the size, color and setting. The rose gold makes the stone really pop. Congratulations on such a beautiful set! Enjoy!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
How gorgeous!! Looks like a keeper to me, yay!!!!!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @daisygrl my recut from BGD is an H and the tint is readily apparent to me. I find myself having a tendency to wear my lesser cut quality and much smaller E instead of the larger super ideal because of the color. Even tho the BGD has such amazing cut and performance and size, I keep being drawn to the E. I am waiting to get back my other recut because it’s a G. I will definitely post my observations.

That is interesting to hear... I have heard that there is no observable difference between G and H but I have also heard what you had just said. I wonder if your BGD is a low H (almost I)? I tend to go for the size but I would, in no way, be comfortable with an I just because it is bigger, so I understand your dilemma between E and H. I will be posting my stone update with CBI soon, it appears very very white.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, I know you've owned several ACA's in various colors. I'm not sure if you've owned stones in the J-K range. I know that they are all superior cut but I have to say that the 2.5 H VS1 is truly A CUT ABOVE. It is bright and will cut you with its sparkle even in a room with the curtains drawn! I read that clarity (eye clean and up) doesn't affect the sparkle too much but I'm wondering what makes the stone different from my previous ACA's. Perhaps a combination of the cut, color and clarity? My ACA's have never sparkled like this!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, I know you've owned several ACA's in various colors. I'm not sure if you've owned stones in the J-K range. I know that they are all superior cut but I have to say that the 2.5 H VS1 is truly A CUT ABOVE. It is bright and will cut you with its sparkle even in a room with the curtains drawn! I read that clarity (eye clean and up) doesn't affect the sparkle too much but I'm wondering what makes the stone different from my previous ACA's. Perhaps a combination of the cut, color and clarity? My ACA's have never sparkled like this!

Well, as unpopular as this might be, a whiter stone IS a WHITER STONE. I've had diamonds of all colors, and super ideals of all colors - and they each have a different flavor. I love a very warm stone. And I love a white stone. But 'tinted' just doesn't do it for me. And just to be explicit - I've owned BGD signature cuts in K color, and they were beautiful - but different. Welcome to the land of 'it has to be white!'

Also - have you ever had a VS1 stone before? I find that it *does* make a difference, even if you can't see an inclusion and definitively say "Ah HA! That's where the issue is!" In my opinion, white, clean stones have a pedigree and personality that give them less glow, and more bright white light. Personally, I like it - especially in platinum settings. They're super sharp, and I love that in a round brilliant.

Old cuts? Completely different story....

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, as unpopular as this might be, a whiter stone IS a WHITER STONE. I've had diamonds of all colors, and super ideals of all colors - and they each have a different flavor. I love a very warm stone. And I love a white stone. But 'tinted' just doesn't do it for me. And just to be explicit - I've owned BGD signature cuts in K color, and they were beautiful - but different. Welcome to the land of 'it has to be white!'

Also - have you ever had a VS1 stone before? I find that it *does* make a difference, even if you can't see an inclusion and definitively say "Ah HA! That's where the issue is!" In my opinion, white, clean stones have a pedigree and personality that give them less glow, and more bright white light. Personally, I like it - especially in platinum settings. They're super sharp, and I love that in a round brilliant.

Old cuts? Completely different story....

Thanks for the analysis! Yes, I loved the 2.9 K VS2 ACA. The inclusions were covered by the prongs so it it was super crisp, had a tiny table with chubby arrows. Lovely!

This is my first VS1. There was also some discussion about a larger table's effect on the stone. The 2.5 H has a 57% table which may give it a more bright white look. Whatever it is, it's working for her! :kiss2:

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the analysis! Yes, I loved the 2.9 K VS2 ACA. The inclusions were covered by the prongs so it it was super crisp, had a tiny table with chubby arrows. Lovely!

This is my first VS1. There was also some discussion about a larger table's effect on the stone. The 2.5 H has a 57% table which may give it a more bright white look. Whatever it is, it's working for her! :kiss2:
I also have stone with a 57% table. It definitely gives it a brighter, whiter look. So happy to hear you finally found your dream stone!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I also have stone with a 57% table. It definitely gives it a brighter, whiter look. So happy to hear you finally found your dream stone!!

This is interesting to me because my 55 table and deeper stone diamond is very bright, I think more than my Super ideal with a 57.4 table and shallower. So is it the added “whiteness” of the 55’s E vs the 57’s H?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results